PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Blue said:

6/4 in our last 10 games now. 

I love how Tocc noticed the team had energy and wasn't gassed at the end of the game. Because he gave them a couple days off. 

Yup. There was a very difficult month of games and travel. Tocchet could tell the guys had tired legs for a long time. He knows how that feels. Looks like the guys are through that tough stretch and have their legs back. We are a heck of a good club. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. There was a very difficult month of games and travel. Tocchet could tell the guys had tired legs for a long time. He knows how that feels. Looks like the guys are through that tough stretch and have their legs back. We are a heck of a good club. 

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T
OH HAPPY DAY

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

All this without Soucy on our defense.

Zadorov has been rock solid, but we also looked very good with Soucy.  

Big difference in the team when we’re dressing 5 regular NHL’ers on the back end than when we only have 4.  Can’t wait till we have 6. (All due respect to Juulsen, who’s been good!).

But with Soucy back that’s a lot of guys who are almost 2nd pair level - and a big physical group overall.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Falcons said:

I just remembered this is the team Dave Randorf does play by play for 

Dave went to Seaquam . Screw you Dave and Screw Sunshine hills! 

Fun story... I heard in the ND class of 82, some guy stole a shrub from Seascum, and then snuck into his math teacher's room and left it on his desk. 

I tried to duplicate the feat when I graduated, but was only partly successful... couldn't get into the class, so left the plant outside the same teacher's door. I hope he got it! 

Nice to know the statute of limitations has passed on that prank :classic_wink:

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

There was some analyst bros like JD Burke and Drance saying that the Canucks might have made a mistake prioritizing Zadorov over Ethan Bear. 🥱 What a couple of idiots. Big Z had his best game and he's just getting started 

Need to consider playoffs as well. Bear is an injury risk this year like it or not, Big Z is big body that will pay dividends come playoff time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Hog the Bone Dog was outstanding tonight! 

Love his game!

He is so fun to watch. Love his speed and firecracker energy. He competes hard.

If Toc can get Hoglander playing this way, I'd love to see what he could do with Podkolzin when he cracks our lineup.

Noticed Toc  had Hoglander out with under 2 minutes. When it was only 3-1. Rewarding the player for doing as he asks. 

• Like 1

Massive win, Tampa didn't play their best hockey and were without Hedman but they played a tight checking playoff style so good to see we know how to win those games.

Hoglander was huge for us, our most consistent forechecker and doing what prime PDG and maybe even Burrows used to do. Makes his linemates so much better. Miller looked strong and obviously Brock with some great goals.

Petey looked flat again but his skill generated a couple of chances, but not a great outing by his line, they were checked quite closely.

Our bottom 6 played really well, defensively got caught too many times in our own zone and just focussed on chipping the puck out but didn't get scored on much.

Defence was stellar, Hronek and Hughes moving the puck really well as expected, Cole and Zadorov with some massive hits but I think Myers moved the puck really well tonight and skated brilliantly too.

Obviously great game by Demko, very tidy, and our PK did a good job late in the game.

Monster win, now a huge game coming up against a team who's playing a bit better, on Luongo night. We've elevated our play, just hope Petey shows up because we're going to need multiple lines going.

• Like 1

Love how Hogs had a few instances in the first where he had trouble getting the puck out from his side of the dzone. He didn’t change his game by playing scared to make another bad play. Instead he turned his motor up another gear and set the tone in the 2nd with some great forechecking. Damn kid is making plays and not looking out of place with JT and BB6

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Fun story... I heard in the ND class of 82, some guy stole a shrub from Seascum, and then snuck into his math teacher's room and left it on his desk. 

I tried to duplicate the feat when I graduated, but was only partly successful... couldn't get into the class, so left the plant outside the same teacher's door. I hope he got it! 

Nice to know the statute of limitations has passed on that prank :classic_wink:

Love it ! I graduated from NDSS in 86 and had a bunch of friends from seascum including Dorf