PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

23 minutes ago, BIGGESTCANUCKSFANEVER said:

Your name I ain't sure as I been a fan since 1970's.

At one point for years I could tell you the name of every player that played ,and on every team.

Medical reasons I can't now but I am probably considered one of the top.

You can do better then the name fits.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Huh?

On a per 60 mins basis (to allow for mismatched TOI) .....

Hits: Juulsen 11.24 ... Cole 2.72

Blocks: Juulsen 6.22 ... Cole 5.97

Takeaways: Juulsen 0.71 ... Cole 0.62

Giveaways: Juulsen 0.71 ... Cole 1.99

Not a very convincing case to play Cole and sit Juulsen (especially with a plethora of LHD's and a dearth of righties)

Ian Cole averages 19:48 minutes per game.  Noah Juulsen averages 13:50 per game.  Why would you think Tocchet would healthy scratch Cole over Juulsen?  That makes zero sense…

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Huh?

On a per 60 mins basis (to allow for mismatched TOI) .....

Hits: Juulsen 11.24 ... Cole 2.72

Blocks: Juulsen 6.22 ... Cole 5.97

Takeaways: Juulsen 0.71 ... Cole 0.62

Giveaways: Juulsen 0.71 ... Cole 1.99

Not a very convincing case to play Cole and sit Juulsen (especially with a plethora of LHD's and a dearth of righties)

As coached said Juulsen play decisions is night and day. I am happy for the local kid. Hope he keeps up. But heard that Cole also has helped stabilize his game by being vocal to Juulsen on ice

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Blue said:

There was some analyst bros like JD Burke and Drance saying that the Canucks might have made a mistake prioritizing Zadorov over Ethan Bear. 🥱 What a couple of idiots. Big Z had his best game and he's just getting started 

Makes you think that these reporters say idiotic things on purpose because it gets them more attention…

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. There was a very difficult month of games and travel. Tocchet could tell the guys had tired legs for a long time. He knows how that feels. Looks like the guys are through that tough stretch and have their legs back. We are a heck of a good club. 

If (when) we make the playoffs our ability to tread water going back and forth to 7-7 will be a key component.

That we didn’t go into a nosedive with 4 nhl d and riding Hughes-Hronek into the dirt was better work than we gave them credit for.  Zadorov eased things up a ton combined with a nice little home stretch with no back to backs was just what the doctor ordered.  Nice to see the club make the most of it.

• Like 1

Happy with the victory tonight against a good team - liked how they rebounded from the earlier deficit and stayed focus throughout - kept the shots to the outside for the most part in the third. Demko was also solid along with his rebound control +  looked more refreshed after given a game off against the Wild.

Edm, Vegas and LA all seem to be playing very well right now so hopefully, the Canucks can keep up with some of the positive results for the next while.  I think with the intensity of the games this part of the year and just the sheer number, the players appreciate RT+ company for balancing out the practices so that the energy level for games is a bit better. Overall, a great effort by the whole squad tonight - little to complain about.

Get some rest guys - and get ready for Luongo + company  on Thursday.

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

1 hour ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Who sits when the Soucy is healthy? 

Do they rotate Myers , Cole, Juulson, Zadorov and  Soucy to sit and keep ‘em fresh ?

if Juulson keeps up with his recent  solid play, there’s no way he can sit in the press box for weeks at a time. He has earned that 6 spot and looks solid on the pk. 

Myers is gone at deadline. They aren't letting assets walk for nothing. Could get a 2nd for Myers and then flip that for a player they want.

27 minutes ago, Falcons said:

Love it ! I graduated from NDSS in 86 and had a bunch of friends from seascum including Dorf 

84 for me.  Didn't have any seascum friends then, but one married into the family, so we gotta be nice to him (most of the time).

26 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Makes you think that these reporters say idiotic things on purpose because it gets them more attention…

That guy's an absolute idiot. 

He's the guy who squealed when we traded the 1st for Miller. 

He still hasn't lived it down. 

And yet, he still tries to make himself relevant. 

What a fool. 

Like you say, he's in desperate need of attention. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yes Aman would need to clear. He won't be sent down. No-one needs to go down when Suter plays.

Äman's been playing well. He's definitely staying in the line up. Suter once he's back slots in where Blueger is, and Blue slots down to the 4th line. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching on replay. That Miller line is such a force downlow; they win battles, take pucks to the net, jump on rebounds. Playoff stuff.

Great nights for Kuz & Boeser. It was nice to see Kuz shoot, he needs to keep doing that. Thought that goal really gave him some jump too, made some nice hardworking plays after the goal.

And then the beat goes on for Brock, he's playing better than his rookie year this season & its not really close imo. He's a contributor at both ends on top of his goal scorer. 

I thought Quinn was great tonight at both ends. The 2nd Boeser goal shows his offensive ability, when he takes off in the Ozone he freezes the opponent then a perfect pass to Brock. The 3rd Boeser goal shows his defense, makes a great read earlier in the play to take away a grade A chance, then fans on a clearing attempt but sticks with it against 2 Lighting to get the puck to Brock.

Really encouraging win tonight. Demko was great too particularly on the PK.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Forever a Brock Fan! I bought his bobble head during the pandemic..I lost my dad too..It took me a long time to be human again, I feel you you bro!

Brock no doubt will get to 30, it's not just a matter of how quickly he gets there. He can probably get to 40 at this pace, but the real question is, can he get to 50?? 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, JamesB said:

5. I thought Juulsen played a good game and Tocchet was very positive about him in his post-game remarks. Juulsen has been excellent on the PK and the PK  improved after Juulsen was given some of Myers' PK time. Tonight Juulsen had more PK time than Hughes, Zadorov or Myers. His total TOI was up to almost 16 minutes and he led the team with 4 hits. And his underlying advanced stats have improved a lot. In expected goals percentage at 5-on5, Juulsen, Hughes, Hronek, and   Z. were all about the same and Myers and Cole were not as good (but not too far off).  Early in the season I could not understand why Juulsen was even on the big team but right now he is excellent value. Tocchet emphasized how much Juulsen has learned from Foote and Gonchar and how much he has improved. Great to see.

Great point, forgot to mention Juulsen. 

I was a critic earlier in the year but this last stretch he's really settled in. Just keeping it simple with the puck, getting in shooting lanes, competing hard defensively. That's what he needs to do as a #6 guy.

Tocchet had him out there with <2mins left which shows the belief they have in him, and he's earned it lately. Its great to see I'm pulling for him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1