PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

37 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Because Soucey makes Cole redundant on the left D .... Cole doesn't make Juulsen redundant on the right D

It will come down to Myers versus Juulsen, and Juulsen won't win.   One of our multiple LHD/RHDs, will slot in the right side.   As for Myers, he's playing 18:54 minutes a game on average, without any PP time,  a minute or so less then Cole.     Juulsen likely stays up with the club and enjoys the press-box.   Not sure that the club will risk waivers, but that's only because he's a RHD.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Well... I've been mostly critical of the team the last month or so. Watching them play has raised a lot of concerns and that's been frustrating.

BUT

I am very happy to say that last night was a full 60 minute effort against a good team. Canucks played with structure, great forecheck pressure, great backchecking and we got goals.

Proud of them for stringing some wins together again!

GCG!

Edited by JayDangles
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Who sits when the Soucy is healthy? 

Do they rotate Myers , Cole, Juulson, Zadorov and  Soucy to sit and keep ‘em fresh ?

if Juulson keeps up with his recent  solid play, there’s no way he can sit in the press box for weeks at a time. He has earned that 6 spot and looks solid on the pk. 

I don't think Tocc would try using 7 d, but you never know.

Juulson likely sits but who knows what Allvin has in store for us 

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Lol!!!  Right!  Where does he fit?  Take out PDG?  Put Podz there move Aman down until injury or next year?  Wow!  What a problem to have.

I love podz, but he's about third on the call up list, maybe even 4th.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Äman's been playing well. He's definitely staying in the line up. Suter once he's back slots in where Blueger is, and Blue slots down to the 4th line. 

I think suter is gonna slot in on the 4th line to start.  He needs to get back up to speed again.  

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Feels surreal to have multi-time cup champs talking about us like this.. What team is this even???

Rutherford/Allvin/Tocchet deserve a ton of credit.

And we're not even fully healthy, and 2 of our top players are not even firing on all cylinders right now (Petey and Kuz).  Imagine if the Petey line was playing as well as they could be.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Right now yah, I agree... But that could change with a good showing over a... Say 10 game period.  If he's at or slightly above his prior to injury level of play.  He'll jump up to #1 call up.

I hope so, I'm a big fan

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think suter is gonna slot in on the 4th line to start.  He needs to get back up to speed again.  

Doubt that. As good as the 3rd line has been defensively with Blueger in the middle, they need someone that can finish with Garland. 
Garland has been great but has an absolute muffin of a shot. His slap shot isn’t as hard as a decent wrist shot, he needs someone like Suter with some finish. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Doubt that. As good as the 3rd line has been defensively with Blueger in the middle, they need someone that can finish with Garland. 
Garland has been great but has an absolute muffin of a shot. His slap shot isn’t as hard as a decent wrist shot, he needs someone like Suter with some finish. 

Not saying he's permanently gonna be on the 4th line.  I just think that's where he will start and then slide up onto the 3rd line when coach thinks he's ready.

Yea, so if anyone needs to go on waivers it will most likely be PDG. Juulsen will spend a lot of time in the press box when everyone is healthy but he can slot in every few games to let someone else rest or sit. 

Feels like we've also collectively forgotten about Friedman. It was a while ago we saw him on the ice. 

PDG will clear, or at least likelier than Friedman, Aman or Juulsen at this point. Considering Abby is close and have got a few intriguing wingers that the Canucks probably want to test at some point throughout this year, it makes more sense to let that last forward spot be flexible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This summer most people on here wanted to trade Boeser for a right shot defense man. Most of us had the feeling he would have a bounce back season which is why is success is not surprising a lot of people. Today he is tied for the league lead in goals. His value has gone up. I wonder if pulling the trigger on that trade now would make sense. 

To Nashville - Boeser 

To Vancouver - Fabbro, 2024 2nd 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Absolutely he has, but a lot of guys have.  I'd have Karlsson and Bains ahead on a call up and maybe Raty.  

It's not a bad problem to have

Think it depends where. Karlsson has been more bottom six and PK sub. If they need top 6 winger, Podz would seem most likely. 
I get the feeling they want to keep Bains down for the season and continue to work on PK. I don’t know where to project him now. He was looking like a decent bottom 6 prospect after last year but this year has spent most of the year near AHL scoring lead. 
Honestly I hope Podz, Bains and Raty stay down for most or all of the season. We finally seem to be using AHL team properly and focusing on development better. I hope the patience continues. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Yea, so if anyone needs to go on waivers it will most likely be PDG. Juulsen will spend a lot of time in the press box when everyone is healthy but he can slot in every few games to let someone else rest or sit. 

Feels like we've also collectively forgotten about Friedman. It was a while ago we saw him on the ice. 

PDG will clear, or at least likelier than Friedman, Aman or Juulsen at this point. Considering Abby is close and have got a few intriguing wingers that the Canucks probably want to test at some point throughout this year, it makes more sense to let that last forward spot be flexible. 

So nice having so much more quality depth on this team.  Especially on the back end.

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

Soucy-Friedman

Hirose-Mcward

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

This summer most people on here wanted to trade Boeser for a right shot defense man. Most of us had the feeling he would have a bounce back season which is why is success is not surprising a lot of people. Today he is tied for the league lead in goals. His value has gone up. I wonder if pulling the trigger on that trade now would make sense. 

To Nashville - Boeser 

To Vancouver - Fabbro, 2024 2nd 

We’d get a lot more for Boeser than a fringe NHL D and a second. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Blue said:

There was some analyst bros like JD Burke and Drance saying that the Canucks might have made a mistake prioritizing Zadorov over Ethan Bear. 🥱 What a couple of idiots. Big Z had his best game and he's just getting started 

Did Drance mention this one D+D or tweet about it? He's been pretty complimentary from what I've heard on the Zadorov acquisition on Canucks Talk.