PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

8 hours ago, Blue said:

There was some analyst bros like JD Burke and Drance saying that the Canucks might have made a mistake prioritizing Zadorov over Ethan Bear. 🥱 What a couple of idiots. Big Z had his best game and he's just getting started 

Stains like Burke and Drance aren't worth the words they write. They're nothing more than analytics geeks who only know how to criticize what they could never do well. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Stains like Burke and Drance aren't worth the words they write. They're nothing more than analytics geeks who only know how to criticize what they could never do well. 

One of the best, IMO, is Frankie Corrado.  He's articulate, knowledgeable and his playing days are recent enough that his personal observations are still relevant 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

One of the best, IMO, is Frankie Corrado.  He's articulate, knowledgeable and his playing days are recent enough that his personal observations are still relevant 

Agreed. I watched a video he did where he broke down a play on the ice (which I think was about Hughes) and he was excellent. He knows his stuff, but never comes across with any hubris or arrogance. He's great.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Moving Boeser would turn the room upside down and sideways. He’s too key to our success and too important as a personality and foundation. 

He’s  our heart and soul and the definition of resurrection. 

If he goes the team does not respond well. 

It was nice of you to respond to that nonsense. I didn’t deem it worthy other than a laughing emoji.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. I watched a video he did where he broke down a play on the ice (which I think was about Hughes) and he was excellent. He knows his stuff, but never comes across with any hubris or arrogance. He's great.

Huh. Couldn't stand him as a player. I guess you never know.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

From an article written by another solid sports writer, Carol Schram at the Hockey News, Brayden Point offers his opinion on the Canucks

Vancouver Canucks Beat Lightning at Home for the First Time Since 2016 - The Hockey News

"They're explosive offensively," said Point after the game, sizing up the opposition. "They've got guys that can really beat you — really hurt you. And you know what? They're a deep team."

"They don't give you a whole lot. They've got a lot of guys that can skate. A lot of guys that check. They work hard, and they've got a great goaltender too. They're a pretty complete team."

Well we can't be total loser team, if this is the opinion of the opposition. 
Hats off to Brayden Point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What a fabulous game...

toe to toe with Tampa, and beat them fair and square...

Now lots of folks will say the same they did, when we beat the Canes, not playing too well, didn't have Hedman wtc etc..., but we nailed them... 

This team needs to grow, but it has massive potential. Glory days ahead of us...

Bolts showed in the first period, they are a good team, and why Tocchet is so focused on systems. Time and time again, they made blind passes, knowing where and how to go. But as the period wore on, Nucks found their own game and were worthy winners. 

Happy for Brock, who seems to have found his mojo and gold scoring touch again, and Demko being his best definitely helped, but the 2 players I was most happy for was Kuz, who was everywhere on the ice, and Juulsen... he has got to slowly get into the unsung hero territory. 
I honestly never thought, he'd be able to hold down his spot, but he has and he is quietly being a really decent defender. 

Another highlight was Zadorov showing how strong he is.... holy moly... life is good 🥳🍺

Life is good!   December is the month to re-set.    So far, they are making the best of it.   Tampa is a lot like we were after 2011.   Still a very deep, and very solid veteran group.    To me Christmas and the New Year was always the bar.     We can gain some ground.    Look at this!   Not many years, in our history, we could say this about our players.     That's some good company. 

IMG_3490.png

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a feeling the trade talk will simmer down a bit. Doesn't look like they're wanting to trade Kuzmenko, which is good if he can figure out his game.

Lots were wanting to trade Boeser and I'm glad JR/PA had patience with him too.

Same with Podkolzin. He might not be back with the big team this year and that's okay. I want him to be a beast for the big team next season, like Hoglander is this season.

Sometimes it's good to have patience with players.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well the Canucks have beaten the Lightning twice now this year, once in their barn and a total domination in ours.

I want a demolishing of the Laughs still though. Tell me; Who looks more like a real Hockey player?

They say criminal's eyes are close together. Wonder if that's true? 😜🤪

Have a good idea who wins that, but will say, Mathews wins the lookalike, minus  grow a cool mustache Dean R Koontz competition circa 1980z.   Pretty sure he was in ARI in a book tour...

IMG_3491.jpeg

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1