PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

The Mikheyev-Pettersson-Lafferty experiment needs to stop immediately. We will never get Petey going with that kind of talent on his wing. The reality is, we won that game despite that line. We were a 2 (at times 3 with our 4th) line team. Kuzmenko needs to get back there ASAP. 

Obviously the game was excellent so amongst all of this positivity, I just wanted to bring up a single point that is irritating me; Pettersson's consistency. He's been awful for about a month and looks like he's playing through an injury. We need him back to october level to be a more complete, dangerous team. A confident Kuzmenko can shift that entire line, and bring more balance to the 4th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rypien-Punch said:

This summer most people on here wanted to trade Boeser for a right shot defense man. Most of us had the feeling he would have a bounce back season which is why is success is not surprising a lot of people. Today he is tied for the league lead in goals. His value has gone up. I wonder if pulling the trigger on that trade now would make sense. 

To Nashville - Boeser 

To Vancouver - Fabbro, 2024 2nd 

Canucks trading a player at peak, does that ever happen here?

Chemistry and how it would affect his teammates trading BB would be a huge factor 

I am glad to enjoy this season and not worry about us being good, and that the management team whatever they do will have weighed every option and have been long in discussion with each other to not make a bone headed quick decision

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The Mikheyev-Pettersson-Lafferty experiment needs to stop immediately. We will never get Petey going with that kind of talent on his wing. The reality is, we won that game despite that line. We were a 2 (at times 3 with our 4th) line team. Kuzmenko needs to get back there ASAP. 

Obviously the game was excellent so amongst all of this positivity, I just wanted to bring up a single point that is irritating me; Pettersson's consistency. He's been awful for about a month and looks like he's playing through an injury. We need him back to october level to be a more complete, dangerous team. A confident Kuzmenko can shift that entire line, and bring more balance to the 4th. 

Honestly, I’m kinda feeling the Kuzie/Bessie/Miller line 

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Life is good!   December is the month to re-set.    So far, they are making the best of it.   Tampa is a lot like we were after 2011.   Still a very deep, and very solid veteran group.    To me Christmas and the New Year was always the bar.     We can gain some ground.    Look at this!   Not many years, in our history, we could say this about our players.     That's some good company. 

IMG_3490.png

For sure....and just love the plus minuses. They are top shelf!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

This summer most people on here wanted to trade Boeser for a right shot defense man. Most of us had the feeling he would have a bounce back season which is why is success is not surprising a lot of people. Today he is tied for the league lead in goals. His value has gone up. I wonder if pulling the trigger on that trade now would make sense. 

To Nashville - Boeser 

To Vancouver - Fabbro, 2024 2nd 

That's the deal I'd have expected when his value was much lower

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I have a feeling the trade talk will simmer down a bit. Doesn't look like they're wanting to trade Kuzmenko, which is good if he can figure out his game.

Lots were wanting to trade Boeser and I'm glad JR/PA had patience with him too.

Same with Podkolzin. He might not be back with the big team this year and that's okay. I want him to be a beast for the big team next season, like Hoglander is this season.

Sometimes it's good to have patience with players.

IF Suter is back tomm, I would guess our 4th line is PDG-Suter-Kuz; lotsa talent there...almost #3. I'd bring Podz up for a look and put PDG into the press box. Send Aman down.

Run with this for awhile:

Mik-Petterson-Lafferty/Kuz

Hogs-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Podz-Suter-Lafferty/Kuz

IF Podz works hard and uses his size, that is a VERY good lineup

• Like 1