PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

8 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

IF Suter is back tomm, I would guess our 4th line is PDG-Suter-Kuz; lotsa talent there...almost #3. I'd bring Podz up for a look and put PDG into the press box. Send Aman down.

Run with this for awhile:

Aman will have to clear waivers if sent down and if the Canucks to roll the dice and send him down, I would hazard a guess he will be claimed.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Singing Chef said:

Great to see Joshua Dakota continue to be dominant on the forecheck and along the boards.  His strength and determination drives that line.

Definitely.  But Pettersson Elias and Kuzmenko Andrei need to get rolling if we want to be a top contender.  Glad Boeser Brock is lighting it up though.  

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, 1-d said:

Can't wait to see big Z and Soucy obliterating bad guys left and right.

I feel kinda like Rip Van Winkle:  I remember there was a pandemic and we went into isolation..

I woke up with a long beard, hair down to my ass, and a severe addiction to CDC/CFF.

But the weirdest thing is, the Canucks defense is now YUGE!

And they love to HIT!  HARD!

Did you notice the tiniest smirk ever on Zadorov's face after that hit?

Quinton Hughes and His Huge D-Partners are like, "Come at us; c'mon."

"Naw, that ain't gonna work." and then, BAM!

And then, BAM, BAM and they're stack'n 'em up like cordwood!

Canucks individually and as a team flirting with the top of the league.

Prospects shining brightly in every league around the world.

This post comes with a dire warning:

DO NOT WAKE THIS OLD FART!!

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, Blue said:

There was some analyst bros like JD Burke and Drance saying that the Canucks might have made a mistake prioritizing Zadorov over Ethan Bear. 🥱 What a couple of idiots. Big Z had his best game and he's just getting started 

And the obvious factor that Zadorov can play now, while Soucy is injured. And Bear is likely out until about the same time Soucy comes back.

Having an extra 8 or 10 games of the D upgrade is likely a couple points difference in the standings, could mean the difference between who gets home ice in the 1st round. Could also mean Hronek and Hughes play less minutes over that strech and reduce injury chance.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I got some kind of trivia for you

why did Trevor choose 16 as his number… Because it takes 16 wins to win the Stanley Cup…

I'm pretty sure it was because of Bobby Clarke, but there can be more than one right answer...

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah I read somewhere that negative news sells more than positive news… And that negative news attaches to your brain instantly whereas it takes something like 14 seconds? for positive news to attach itself to your brain… Perhaps that’s why they say patience is a virtue…? And instant gratification is generally frowned upon… in wise circles… 

if you really want to get deep and philosophical it really shows you that the human race is very broken and addicted… To distraction… And is generally lazy… it thinks that it wants what is easier and fast - but to those who see and hear they know that the best way requires one to be ‘slow and steady’

hmm… 

Interesting concept, but I don't know if it proves that the human race is broken. I don't doubt that it is though. However look at it this way. It's easy to see that say murder is wrong, and reject it across the board instantly 100 % as going against you're own moral code. Something positive though, needs to go through you're own vigorous stages of moral codes, checking for multiple areas in which it can possibly fail before being accepted. In short it's easier to prove a negative than a positive.

But yeah, we are generally lazy and pretty broken. Couldn't agree more on that unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, 1-d said:

Vegas think they own the goddamn OT games. 

And Calgary just can't do anything right.

Same with Toronto who have 5 wins in regulation this year…the least in the entire league…less than San Jose and Chicago.

In other news, the Sharks have played better than .500 hockey in their last 16 games

Edited by Rindiculous

41 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This thread is like biting into a York Peppermint Patty and suddenly walking barefoot in a field of daffodils during spring time after the rains have subsided, the roaches have crawled back into the dirt, and the blankets are now drying in the glistening sun.

Poor guy died on stage while performing. Had a heart attack and dropped like a stone. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That was a statement game.  A part of me keeps waiting for the inevitable crash.

Willie D and his stach takes us to the playoffs after missing it for a couple of years.

Then crash down to Earth the next season

Travis Green and co. slog out a few more losing seasons and then go into the Bubble and knock off the Stanley Cup Champs

Then crash down the next season, albeit Benning's blunders had a lot to do with that

Bruce there-it-is rolls into town and we win like 10 straight and if not for the bad start, we went on a win percentage rate to be a playoff team.  So things were looking good for the next season

Next season we crash back down.

After the painful coaching change to Tocchet and we get a bump so big we ruin our shot at Bedard 🤨 by Tocc coming in half ways through and whipping the team into shape just enough to keep that #1 pick all but impossible.  But we are winning again.

It was all set up for the big crash again.  But damn if we didn't come out the game beating McJesus and the Coilers 8-1.  And other than a few subpar performances, have been rolling right along.

This game was the perfect game to usher in the start of another crash.  Another reminder that Canucks have problems beating contenders.  But they won. And they won it in style. 

Its now 1/3 the way through the season, and I'm beginning to let my guard down more. With this team its never quite down. But damn.....I think we finally have a real team who is starting to form their own identity.  They may not be classified yet as an 'elite' status team, but they sure looked like one last night. Offensively, defensively, and in goal. 

A lot of the credit to the management team. Finding the right pieces, and landing them. There was a lot of work to do here and I didn't expect the team to have recovered from Bennings (unintentional) sabotaging of the future of the team this soon.  And they still have to deal with the OEL penalties hits in the next couple of seasons.  But the track record so far soothes my worries that they will figure a way to sign core players, or if they can't keep all of them at least get a decent pick or cap space / player back who will ultimately improve the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Well... I've been mostly critical of the team the last month or so. Watching them play has raised a lot of concerns and that's been frustrating.

BUT

I am very happy to say that last night was a full 60 minute effort against a good team. Canucks played with structure, great forecheck pressure, great backchecking and we got goals.

Proud of them for stringing some wins together again!

GCG!

3abf3a0f73922b127403ba512cfa394d.jpg

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

And a lot of them never played any sport where competing against huge people makes the difference it can in hockey. Zadorov is a legit NHL big man. Bear is a fringe NHLer, who provides nothing that makes him hard to play against. 

Exactly, the opposition is licking their chops when they see Bear out there. They might be mildly concerned about him skating up the ice with the puck and nipping to the backdoor in the offensive zone, but he's not great at puck control like a Hughes or Josi. His shot isn't anything to worry about either and he's averaged 12.6 points a season. On the back end I've rarely seen anyone worse at playing the body in front and behind the net, and on top of that he makes Myers level gaffes on the reg.

I'm glad we're not going back to last years plan for success. It didn't seem to work that well.