PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Just a reminder of how good Gonchar was...

1301 career NHL games with 811 points.

He commands respect. 

Zadorov has some untapped offensive ability.  Hopefully Gonchar gets that out of him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Stains like Burke and Drance aren't worth the words they write. They're nothing more than analytics geeks who only know how to criticize what they could never do well. 

Yeah, you would think guys like that would be respectful of the players and be happy to have a position in the field, gathering knowledge and insight as they go, and being cordial with the people they interact with. Nope , instead they denigrate, accuse, and make flippant comments like some like some heckler at a comedy show. At least reporters like Brooks have been around for years and years and have a basis for being an ahole. They've somewhat earned it. Drance is like petulant child who pokes fun at kids and then hides behind his mother's back.

Here's a funny montage lol

I wish Drance was here when Tortorella was coaching. He'd get f#*ked right up. 😆

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Bob Long said:

No they won't waive him, might be the extra tho until/if Myers is moved.

Soucy-Cole should be pretty damn solid.

I don't think theyll move Myers.

Him and Zad are starting to play really well together.  Close to 20 mins a game often against opposing teams top players in a shut down role..

Like JR said yesterday " you can never have enough Dmen" 

They're not going to move out a RHD that's been playing well with Zad and starting to form a solid shut down pair. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

4 - 1 since Zadorov trade.

Our D was struggling after Soucy injury. 

Zad is eating up a lot of toi and him and Myers are making a really good pairing. 

That highlight showing the stick extensions at the same time on the blue line buddy says "Where's he going to go" 😆

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, you would think guys like that would be respectful of the players and be happy to have a position in the field, gathering knowledge and insight as they go, and being cordial with the people they interact with. Nope , instead they denigrate, accuse, and make flippant comments like some like some heckler at a comedy show. At least reporters like Brooks have been around for years and years and have a basis for being an ahole. They've somewhat earned it. Drance is like petulant child who pokes fun at kids and then hides behind his mother's back.

Here's a funny montage lol

I wish Drance was here when Tortorella was coaching. He'd get f#*ked right up. 😆

Brooks is cut from the same cloth as D(r)unce, Burke, Paterson and such. They ask leading questions, and then they act defensively when they're called out on it. Most news media these days is like this. They frame every question with the hopes of guiding the answer. They think they're the reason people tune in to a news network or read an article. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Brooks is cut from the same cloth as D(r)unce, Burke, Paterson and such. They ask leading questions, and then they act defensively when they're called out on it. Most news media these days is like this. They frame every question with the hopes of guiding the answer. They think they're the reason people tune in to a news network or read an article. 

Exactly, wouldn't it be nice if everyone was on the same page and actually wanted to do real reporting instead of just launch insults and hope for click bait soundbites. I don't get it. I'd actually follow some of these guys if they did any real journalism. I don't listen to anyone these days, I just rely on the awesome CFF folks who provide factual and worthy tweets. Can't stand those clowns like Burke and Drance.

In other sports like soccer they can be pretty bitter and mean but at the end of the day they bleed their teams colors and it's an us vs them attitude. Here it's the media vs the team with guys like Drance who don't even know how to hold a hockey stick. Pathetic really. I don't have time for these asshats.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't think theyll move Myers.

Him and Zad are starting to play really well together.  Close to 20 mins a game often against opposing teams top players in a shut down role..

Like JR said yesterday " you can never have enough Dmen" 

They're not going to move out a RHD that's been playing well with Zad and starting to form a solid shut down pair. 

I think if we could move him out and bring Tanev in they might consider it. If its for someone really special like Andersson then he's gone for sure, imo. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

Because I’m old and remember daytime tv, that is one Wink Martindale, game show host extraordinaire.

Remember this old Canadian TV game show?:

It was *DECADES* later that I found out Quincy Jones wrote the score for that (Soul Bossa Nova) & later used by Mike Myers in his Austin Powers movies.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Remember this old Canadian TV game show?:

It was *DECADES* later that I found out Quincy Jones wrote the score for that (Soul Bossa Nova) & later used by Mike Myers in his Austin Powers movies.

I loved Definition 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

How'd you get a look at Tocc's call up list?

Well, most of the time it's the AHL coach who makes that decision, unless management specifically wants to see a certain player.  Management talks to the ahl coach and tells them what position they need and the AHL coach usually tells him who he thinks that player should be.  Of course PA gets final decision, but they usually go with the player the AHL coach is the best fit and most deserving.

Karlsson is obviously their first choice (or has been) and then I'd say Bains is next (though he'd be my first choice) as he's not only the best player for Abby, he's one of the best in the AHL.  After that, I'd say it's a toss up between Raty and Podz.

Podz had a great start to the year, but the injury slowed him down and he's trying to get back to where he was prior to the injury.

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think if we could move him out and bring Tanev in they might consider it. If its for someone really special like Andersson then he's gone for sure, imo. 

With Myers contract over, why would they let him go, when another team is just gonna sign him for 2.4 or whatever. (AKA OEL) where if we keep him, he is dedicated to team, will play like a 6 million dollar man at a team friendly cap. Myers knows he owes us a few years salary and a haircut.