PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Tusk said:

With Myers contract over, why would they let him go, when another team is just gonna sign him for 2.4 or whatever. (AKA OEL) where if we keep him, he is dedicated to team, will play like a 6 million dollar man at a team friendly cap. Myers knows he owes us a few years salary and a haircut.

Myers has his skill set, it is what it is. He doesn't have another gear. 

You move him to someone out of the playoff picture because they don't care if he produces or not. In fact, if he causes some losses all the better for lotto odds.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

I love Podz, but he's got 2-3 players ahead of him on the call up list, right now at least.

the thing is we dont need anyone called up.... there a few guys who could go down and get better like we see right now with Hogz. Hogz didnt exactly light up the scorecard in abby but he sure learned how to work harder.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You move him to someone out of the playoff picture because they don't care if he produces or not. In fact, if he causes some losses all the better for lotto odds.

He seems to be stuck in 1st and Reverse.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

the thing is we dont need anyone called up.... there a few guys who could go down and get better like we see right now with Hogz. Hogz didnt exactly light up the scorecard in abby but he sure learned how to work harder.

I think the original post was about if they trade a fwd.

Hogz was out of place immediately in the AHL, imo.  He got a raw deal last season because of his waiver status and BB didn't like his game for some reason.  He didn't belong in the AHL.

That said, it wasn't bad for him in any way.  He made the absolute best of it and thrived under Colliton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The only issue with Myers has only ever been his CAP hit. We all focus on every missed play but I have seen both Hughes and Heronik have more mistakes over the last two weeks than Myers and Juulsen. Defensemen need to be defenders first, the fancy shit comes later.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

In his defense, he is north of 30 years old (turns 34 in Feb).  No shame in him going thru what many NHL players go thru at that point in their career.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

The only issue with Myers has only ever been his CAP hit. We all focus on every missed play but I have seen both Hughes and Heronik have more mistakes over the last two weeks than Myers and Juulsen. Defensemen need to be defenders first, the fancy shit comes later.

Hughes has played at such a high level for such a prolonged time, he's earned the right to have a few meh games now & then.  To a lesser extent, same with Hronek.

IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Hope this merges or whatever..... Another point is Myers and Jewels can hit. Myers has been scared to hit because of his size and the headshot rules. but he can learn from Zadz how to hit from a crouch and we have a killer duo.

The headshots used to be called only when a player left the ice for the hit. These big guys can hit by bending at the knees like we all learn in shop class.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Interesting concept, but I don't know if it proves that the human race is broken. I don't doubt that it is though. However look at it this way. It's easy to see that say murder is wrong, and reject it across the board instantly 100 % as going against you're own moral code. Something positive though, needs to go through you're own vigorous stages of moral codes, checking for multiple areas in which it can possibly fail before being accepted. In short it's easier to prove a negative than a positive.

But yeah, we are generally lazy and pretty broken. Couldn't agree more on that unfortunately. 

Ya I see what you are saying…

experience is the best teacher 

However there’s some things that I’ve experienced that I wish I could just read about and not actually experienced

but redemption and healing is a beautiful thing to experience and makes the negative experience become the door to enlightenment or revelation… and your redemption and healing are somewhat transferable to others who are suffering… 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

With Myers contract over, why would they let him go, when another team is just gonna sign him for 2.4 or whatever. (AKA OEL) where if we keep him, he is dedicated to team, will play like a 6 million dollar man at a team friendly cap. Myers knows he owes us a few years salary and a haircut.

Might as well consider Myers as a rental at this point but is a rental without giving away our assets if the pairing with Zadorov is working itself out.  If they feel that Soucy is better with Zadorov then Myers could be traded away but to east conference.   I think that Myers is good with only one D partner but not other D partner, imho.  If we ever need to add something, let this team build together first and figure it out by end of February of what we need so badly.  

4 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Might as well consider Myers as a rental at this point but is a rental without giving away our assets if the pairing with Zadorov is working itself out.  If they feel that Soucy is better with Zadorov then Myers could be traded away but to east conference.   I think that Myers is good with only one D partner but not other D partner, imho.  If we ever need to add something, let this team build together first and figure it out by end of February of what we need so badly.  

Actually a few games back, they put Myers out with Hughes and they both looked good. You might not have noticed because neither of them fucked up.

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Just listen to Colliton interviews

I think the call up list is more about cap and who can go down for Suter to come back. And what do we do with Cap when Soucy comes back.

We are for once in a long time, having to figure out the mechanics of moving guys out without losing on waivers and that kind of lawyer details.

This is making us playoff ready.

When we lose guys on injury.

The real talent should actually be reserved in Abby for when we get there and the Cap restrictions are "bendable"

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

I think the call up list is more about cap and who can go down for Suter to come back. And what do we do with Cap when Soucy comes back.

We are for once in a long time, having to figure out the mechanics of moving guys out without losing on waivers and that kind of lawyer details.

This is making us playoff ready.

When we lose guys on injury.

The real talent should actually be reserved in Abby for when we get there and the Cap restrictions are "bendable"

If a player has previously cleared waivers, they are exempt for 30 days or 10 games, cumulatively.  That's why Aman is going to have to go through waivers if they send him down.

I'm pretty sure that Podz, Bains and Karlsson are all waiver exempt, but I think podz is close to needing waivers

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If a player has previously cleared waivers, they are exempt for 30 days or 10 games, cumulatively.  That's why Aman is going to have to go through waivers if they send him down.

I'm pretty sure that Podz, Bains and Karlsson are all waiver exempt, but I think podz is close to needing waivers

Which is why Podz needs to stay down till playoffs. I would like to see Woo come up if it doesnt put Jewels at risk. Wolanan needs to stay hidden in Abby. But I think Woo needs some testing with different pairings.

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Which is why Podz needs to stay down till playoffs. I would like to see Woo come up if it doesnt put Jewels at risk. Wolanan needs to stay hidden in Abby. But I think Woo needs some testing with different pairings.

It's bains who I want to see the next time they need a winger.  He can fit on any line

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I think the original post was about if they trade a fwd.

Hogz was out of place immediately in the AHL, imo.  He got a raw deal last season because of his waiver status and BB didn't like his game for some reason.  He didn't belong in the AHL.

That said, it wasn't bad for him in any way.  He made the absolute best of it and thrived under Colliton.

The best part about the whole thing is he has shown guys that if you do the right things you can end up with the big team and thrive. Great for the other guys on the farm to see. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The problem is we have no one that has been so bad that we need to send them down. Maybe pizzaman? He had his time in the limelight and maybe needs a little more bake time in Abby.

But of course when injuries happen ( which they will, as other teams figure out we are a target) Bains should get a trial, but really Podz would be ahead.

6 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This thread is like biting into a York Peppermint Patty and suddenly walking barefoot in a field of daffodils during spring time after the rains have subsided, the roaches have crawled back into the dirt, and the blankets are now drying in the glistening sun.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

• Haha 2

Hog's has really surprised me. I didn't think he would cement a spot in the line up. It's great to see after a disappointing year last year. It's all on the coaches to thank for this and for Hog's to listen. The farm now has a example of what to do to earn a spot. I think they all have to be ready to be the 'next man up' during the season but especially during the playoffs. Yes, I said it, playoffs.

With the addition of Z and Myer's being moved down,  I don't see us really needing any defenseman right now. Also Soucy will rejoin in the near future. 

• Cheers 1