PGT - Tampa at Vancouver

PhillipBlunt

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hog's has really surprised me. I didn't think he would cement a spot in the line up. It's great to see after a disappointing year last year. It's all on the coaches to thank for this and for Hog's to listen. The farm now has a example of what to do to earn a spot. I think they all have to be ready to be the 'next man up' during the season but especially during the playoffs. Yes, I said it, playoffs.

With the addition of Z and Myer's being moved down,  I don't see us really needing any defenseman right now. Also Soucy will rejoin in the near future. 

Myers has been eating up minutes playing with big Zads and I dont think that will change. Myers is starting to look like the winnipeg jets Myers. If Zads can teach Myers how to hit as a big guy, Myers aint going anywhere.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

I feel kinda like Rip Van Winkle:  I remember there was a pandemic and we went into isolation..

But the weirdest thing is, the Canucks defense is now YUGE!

And they love to HIT!  HARD!

Did you notice the tiniest smirk ever on Zadorov's face after that hit?

How big is the Canucks defense you ask?

tenor.gif?itemid=18953583

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He's one of the best players in the league, plays in every situation

The problem with Bains is we dont need him yet. And we dont need other teams scouting him till we are actually demolishing them in the 3rd round, maybe finals.

Just now, Tusk said:

The problem with Bains is we dont need him yet. And we dont need other teams scouting him till we are actually demolishing them in the 3rd round, maybe finals.

Agreed, but the next time there's a need, I hope it's him.  He's waiver exempt, so there's no danger of losing him

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agreed, but the next time there's a need, I hope it's him.  He's waiver exempt, so there's no danger of losing him

in 2011 we put all our best players on the ice. We lost a few, and others were not effective because everyone watched them all year.

Hughes and Heronik have been watched on every other team's review for the last month.

The teams have been causing mistakes for Hughes. 

I think there are at least 4 guys in Abby that can come up but do we want them yet? I think playoffs is better.

8 hours ago, MattJVD said:

And the obvious factor that Zadorov can play now, while Soucy is injured. And Bear is likely out until about the same time Soucy comes back.

Having an extra 8 or 10 games of the D upgrade is likely a couple points difference in the standings, could mean the difference between who gets home ice in the 1st round. Could also mean Hronek and Hughes play less minutes over that strech and reduce injury chance.

Bear isn't signing with us. We're out on him

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hog's has really surprised me. I didn't think he would cement a spot in the line up. It's great to see after a disappointing year last year. It's all on the coaches to thank for this and for Hog's to listen. The farm now has a example of what to do to earn a spot. I think they all have to be ready to be the 'next man up' during the season but especially during the playoffs. Yes, I said it, playoffs.

With the addition of Z and Myer's being moved down,  I don't see us really needing any defenseman right now. Also Soucy will rejoin in the near future. 

Depth 

we need…

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Bear isn't signing with us. We're out on him

With Zads and Myers we didnt really need Bear anymore. Jewels figured out his role. Cole can work with anyone, so as long as they keep mixing up the pairings, the other teams cant scout.

Well I’m excited for probably the only game I’m going to see in person this year… My sister and her partner and son are gonna be here for Christmas holidays she flew in from Sydney Australia and we’re gonna all go see the senators take on the Canucks…

I was a little concerned about the game while we were slumping at .500 but it looks like things are on the up and up again and I’m looking forward to the game

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tusk said:

Myers has been eating up minutes playing with big Zads and I dont think that will change. Myers is starting to look like the winnipeg jets Myers. If Zads can teach Myers how to hit as a big guy, Myers aint going anywhere.

If his partner is Z maybe Myers can push the zone entries some. Use his size reach and speed to gain the zone.