[Waivers] December 13th (Vrana clears waivers edition)

21 hours ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

I want to laugh, but then I remember us taking OJ right before MT and then I go 🫣

Picking MT would mean he will be put in the line-up immediately for the 2016-17 season. We may finish 1-3 spots above in the standings with him in the line-up (put up 13 goals and 48 points in Calgary), and we likely miss out on EP40 (Rangers made a trade with the Coyotes to pick #7 hoping to swoop EP). And we would definitely miss out on QH as I anticipate us to finish a minimum of 2-3 spots above in 2017-18 season with a line of Tkachuk - Horvat - Boeser for a full season. In this alternative timeline, we may end up with Mittlestadt/Necas/Vilardi + Bouchard/Dobson/Smith instead. I would still rather we have QH and EP without Tkachuk.

In hindsight, knowing what we all know, the best course of action would be drafting McAvoy in 2016, and leave him in NCAA for another 2 seasons so we don't mess our draft position in both 2017 and 2018 so we still end up with EP and QH. Hughes + McAvoy would be absolute monster of a top pairing.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Picking MT would mean he will be put in the line-up immediately for the 2016-17 season. We may finish 1-3 spots above in the standings with him in the line-up (put up 13 goals and 48 points in Calgary), and we likely miss out on EP40 (Rangers made a trade with the Coyotes to pick #7 hoping to swoop EP). And we would definitely miss out on QH as I anticipate us to finish a minimum of 2-3 spots above in 2017-18 season with a line of Tkachuk - Horvat - Boeser for a full season. In this alternative timeline, we may end up with Mittlestadt/Necas/Vilardi + Bouchard/Dobson/Smith instead. I would still rather we have QH and EP without Tkachuk.

In hindsight, knowing what we all know, the best course of action would be drafting McAvoy in 2016, and leave him in NCAA for another 2 seasons so we don't mess our draft position in both 2017 and 2018 so we still end up with EP and QH. Hughes + McAvoy would be absolute monster of a top pairing.

Man now my head is spinning 😂