[proposal] Vancouver Canucks-New Jersey Devils

Edit - revised proposal (changed from Kuzmenko to Mikheyev).

To New Jersey:  Ilya Mikheyev + Tyler Myers

To Vancouver: Timo Meier + Colin Miller

The cap difference is quite negligible and so it should work from a cap perspective.

Colin Miller and Tyler Myers would be a wash (i.e. decent bottom pairing defensemen that can fill in as a #4 when a team has injuries).  

Coming to the Canucks would be Timo Meier.

Meier, for whatever reason, hasn't quite found his footing in New Jersey. 

When he's on his game however, he's a bonafide Top 6 player that can play the body and be a physical presence. 

While Meier does carry a hefty and long term contract ($8.8 million for the next 8 years), he's still relatively young and could be a good long term player for us.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

4 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

To New Jersey:  Andrei Kuzmenko + Tyler Myers

To Vancouver: Timo Meier + Colin Miller

The cap difference is around $900K-$950K (weighted towards NJ) and so it should work from a cap perspective.

The Devils get a player that should be able to produce alongside one of Hughes or Hischier.  

While I'm not overly familiar with NJ's playing style these days, I think they're style isn't quite as rigid/structured as ours which ultimately allows for more creativity and flexibility (which would suit Kuzmenko's game).    

Colin Miller and Tyler Myers would be a wash (i.e. decent bottom pairing defensemen that can fill in as a #4 when a team has injuries).  

Coming to the Canucks would be Timo Meier.

Meier, for whatever reason, hasn't quite found his footing in New Jersey. 

When he's on his game however, he's a bonafide Top 6 player that can play the body and be a physical presence. 

While Meier does carry a hefty and long term contract ($8.8 million for the next 8 years), he's still relatively young and could be a good long term player for us.  

9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...