★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Yes. I watched it. 

He had almost no support in front of him.  

Can’t change your mind, so I wont. 

He played his worst game of hockey on the biggest night of his career. We haven’t won anything. Calling anyone the “best we’ve had” is laughable tbh. 

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

He played his worst game of hockey on the biggest night of his career. We haven’t won anything. Calling anyone the “best we’ve had” is laughable tbh. 

Except "best we've had" is relative to all of his predecessors and successors (to date), and to date, none have really surpassed him.  So the description is still accurate at this point, regardless of whether he played poorly on the biggest night of his career.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

So going off your logic we shouldn't have any retired jerseys or a ring of honour at all?

27 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Hard to blame the goalie when you get shutout in the biggest game of your life. But he let in some legendarily bad stinkers. 

Yeah the whole team was banged up and the refs definitely didn’t do us any service did they they let Boston run amok with no consequences…

We lost Hammy - Kesler was so damaged - Salo was done - our D was destroyed - one defence man (the name escapes me) was unfairly ejected from the series for a legal hit on Horton - whereas The Boston player who broke Raymonds back stayed in the game… it was a joke… 

Salo was slewfooted and injured by Ratboy with zero consequences… 

But yeah he had some pretty rough games in the Stanley Cup finals…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Except "best we've had" is relative to all of his predecessors and successors (to date), and to date, none have really surpassed him.  So the description is still accurate at this point, regardless of whether he played poorly on the biggest night of his career.

Yea Luongo winning games in past seasons makes him the best we’ve ever had… and. What does it even mean 🤣

Do we have to take into account how the games changed ? Division? How many goals are scored per game now? No one cares dude stood on his head in 2009 

• Like 1

I hate to say this……..

But

Lou can pound fucking sand.  
His weak mentality was a major reason why we lost in the finals.  (Not close to the only reason, but he did shit the bed)

He cried in the media and asked to get traded. 
He retired, instead of just waiting it out line everyone else, and hooped us with a cap or talk for years.  

IMO he should be getting booed worse than Kesler did.   

Yes, he is our greatest goalie ever.  
 He also did more long lasting damage than help.  

I can’t wait until he has to mope his ass onto the airplane back to Florida after we spank the Panthers tonight.  
Suck it Lou

Go Canucks Go

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

So going off your logic we shouldn't have any retired jerseys or a ring of honour at all?

Honestly… maybe. Itsnt it weird to say “hey man he’s our best ever” when our best as a team has never been good enough? Our ring of honor is straight loser talk. 

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Yea Luongo winning games in past seasons makes him the best we’ve ever had… and. What does it even mean 🤣

Do we have to take into account how the games changed ? Division? How many goals are scored per game now? No one cares dude stood on his head in 2009 

sure-jennifer-lawrence.gif

:picard:

4 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

The dude stood on his head he was incredible… Near the end of his tenure he definitely dropped a few notches 

But when he was in his top form the guy was untouchable…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

The other dude stood on his head he was incredible… Near the end of his tenure he definitely dropped a few notches 

But when he was in his top form the guy was untouchable…

Absolutely, but dude at the other end stood on his head. As is his job.