★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

28 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Just saying. 

Luongo>Demko 

Prove me wrong. 

The stats don't lie.  Starting his 18 season career at just 20 yrs old and only 3 times had a

than a save % under 9.14.  The other 14 season he ranged from .915 -9.31. 

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=26791

Demko still has a long way to go to match those numbers.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Haddy said:

Nobody forced management to offer him a monster contract. Nobody knew there'd be such a stuff cap penalty at the time of signing.. and the guy had to retire because he gave his body for this sport and it caught up to him. Played with his heart on his sleeve here.

Today's huge for the organization, appreciating the best goaltender to ever play for us. Maybe you guys could suck it up, get over it, and enjoy the induction like the rest of us.

No thank you.

Just now, higgyfan said:

The stats don't lie.  Starting his 18 season career at just 20 yrs old and only 3 times had a save % lower

than a save % under 9.14.  The other 14 season he ranged from .915 -9.31. 

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=26791

Demko still has a long way to go to match those numbers.

Lui doesn’t really need to be defended to this fanbase. His stats speak for themselves. 

His accomplishments can’t be denied. 

It is what it is. 

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

I haven’t tweeted in a long time, so I decided to put my work on the Twitterverse. If anyone have one, please retweet! I hope Lui will see this! 

Not to be all picky about this but you haven’t tweeted so long that it’s no longer called Twitter…

Twitter is dead

It’s a completely different thing now…

no longer a leftist platform…

And its called X

12 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

He played his worst game of hockey on the biggest night of his career. We haven’t won anything. Calling anyone the “best we’ve had” is laughable tbh. 

Stanley cup finals 

leaky Lou let in 8 goals in game three, 4 goals in game four, 5 goals in game six and 4 goals in game 7 

• Cheers 1

Name me one other goalie who’s ever been a captain of a modern NHL team? There’s a reason why he was named captain he was the best player on the team…

Naslund tipped his hat to Luongo and said he changed the entire team…

I will say this that after his injury during that midday game in Pittsburgh he never was the same… If he would’ve stayed healthy he would’ve been lights out for many years but he never was quite the same after that game…

Until that game he was the Jimi Hendrix of goaltenders… He was on another level

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Name me one other goalie who’s ever been a captain of a modern NHL team? There’s a reason why he was named captain he was the best player on the team…

Naslund tipped his hat too Luongo and said he changed the entire team…

Luongo as a personality may be unmatched in this organization for some time. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Naslund tipped his hat too Luongo and said he changed the entire team…

It was AV's idea to some extent, as MG said here.  Mike said it here on why and then why they went to Hank later.  

20 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

He played his worst game of hockey on the biggest night of his career. We haven’t won anything. Calling anyone the “best we’ve had” is laughable tbh. 

Hey! We were Presidents trophy winners a couple of times weren't we? :classic_biggrin: Sorry that is all I remember that we could totally dominate during the regular season but we were always "Meh!" in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

As far as Panthers game, it's going to be tough.  Cats got shutout 4-0 in Seattle last game and they are hungry for a win.  

Both teams have similar records.

Like to see that same effort as last game.  

Full lineup with Suter and Bleuger.  Only guy missing is Soucy.   

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Falcons said:

Stanley cup finals 

leaky Lou let in 8 goals in game three, 4 goals in game four, 5 goals in game six and 4 goals in game 7 

He also had 2 shutouts in games 1 and 5. Look we all know we didn’t win the cup and it sucked because at the end of day it’s about winning 4 games in a series. 

He is the best goalie we have ever had that set records for goalies ever to wear a Canuck uniform. 

Salute him and honour him or just say nothing because you’re missing the point on what tonight represents. 

Go Canucks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Hey! We were Presidents trophy winners a couple of times weren't we? :classic_biggrin: Sorry that is all I remember that we could totally dominate during the regular season but we were always "Meh!" in the playoffs.

Back to back presidents trophies 

that 2011 run they were great man, overcame Chicago, Kesler single handedly dismantled the Predators, and KB3 got that JUICY bounce in SAN Jose. Lou was unreal particularly in the Chicago and Sanjose series. Looked like a completely different player in the SCF. 

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Lui had no part of that though ammirite? 

Great point. 

Can’t believe we have to defend Bobby Lu. 

Ridiculous. 

Best goalie I’ve seen in person playing that position since Captain Kirk. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

The dude stood on his head he was incredible… Near the end of his tenure he definitely dropped a few notches 

But when he was in his top form the guy was untouchable…

In the regular season you mean? :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

He also had 2 shutouts in games 1 and 5. Look we all know we didn’t win the cup and it sucked because at the end of day it’s about winning 4 games in a series. 

He is the best goalie we have ever had that set records for goalies ever to wear a Canuck uniform. 

Salute him and honour him or just say nothing because you’re missing the point on what tonight represents. 

Go Canucks! 

I remember game 1 of that series was one of the most boring hockey games of all time. Lappy with the OT goal? 

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Back to back presidents trophies 

that 2011 run they were great man, overcame Chicago, Kesler single handedly dismantled the Predators, and KB3 got that JUICY bounce in SAN Jose. Lou was unreal particularly in the Chicago and Sanjose series. Looked like a completely different player in the SCF. 

Juice with that goal and then no one realized it went in was a highlight of Nuck life for me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1