★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

1 minute ago, billydakid said:

The Canucks scored 8 goals in 7 games in that SCF

Sorry man, but basically you're throwing the SCF loss on him, where he would have had to limit the other team to either 0 or 1 goal for us to win. Had we been able to score more, you might have an argument. But its actually amazing we got 3 games given how few goals we scored. It kind of proves he was the one who kept us in it.

The problem was consistency, he looked great at one point then totally awful the next. Think of how bad Demko would have to be to let in 8 goals, he would have to be totally off his game. Pressure does a lot to people and some shine and some don't.

• Vintage 1

Just now, EdgarM said:

The problem was consistency, he looked great at one point then totally awful the next. Think of how bad Demko would have to be to let in 8 goals, he would have to be totally off his game. Pressure does a lot to people and some shine and some don't.

8 goals dude

its not like we scored 4 goals a game

Lui wore his Captaincy as a badge of honour and I respect that. 

Never been done before. 

I was kinda glad that he stepped up and took the lead. 

He was an All-Star and among the top players in the game at the time.

I can’t be more pleased to be celebrating Bobby tonight. 

It’s deserved. 

Even he thinks it’s the most beautiful city in the world and his kids were raised here, he won Canada a gold medal here. 

For one night, he should be celebrated, by all. 

Just my opinion. Hope you agree, and if you don’t, that’s cool too. 

I’ll ban you all after. 

:hurhur:

Just kidding!!

Or am I??? 

😋

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I have 0 desire to change anyone’s opinion. I actually like interacting with folks who have differing opinions. If you’re on this site you’re clearly a Canuck nerd and putting in overtime so all opinions are valid. 

I’m a Nuck connoisseur fo sho. 

For the love of all things hockey, just do the right thing and retire his number ... hang that jersey already ... 

Then stand back ... way back ... and watch people's heads explode ... pop off like dandelions in the summer ... and people meltdown ... like the villain in the first Indiana Jones movie.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

“Non evil version of Homelander” is wild 😂.

i do seem to remember him having an ego but feels like your psycho analyzing the man a bit. I don’t know there’s anything to suggest it affected his play. Unless you can pull up tweets 😅

Melodramatic... Yup lol!  But, the point remains.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

i’m not sure why, but having this beautiful blonde women involved in the whole hockey thing makes no sense to me… It takes away from hockey itself… She has no logical reason to be there - she’s just eye candy - shes just a beautiful face and that’s it… They should have hockey players interview hockey players keep it within the realms of the sport… she adds nothing… and takes away from what’s happening - it says all you need is to be beautiful and doors open for you… entitlement - and privilege for the beautiful…

You would never see an overweight pimple faced women in her place would you?

That’s why it’s awesome to see former NHLers - guys like Bieksa in sports media… Because it makes sense - -there’s a continuity there there’s a logic there that I think adds to watching a hockey game… Because he has authority to speak into the situation that’s going on…

rant over… 

Just cover your eyes.  We cant afford Bieksa. 🤠 He already has a gig..

• Haha 1

8 goals dude

its not like we scored 4 goals a game

No you are totally right, our superior PP dried up and we didn't know how to get the puck to the net with all of the tight checking. Our players were not equipped to play that kind of hockey. We made Thomas look like a genius because we couldn't get the puck to the net. 

Luckily now we have a couple of Chara's to help clear our front of the net. :classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

I know it’s X, but calling it Twitter sound so much better than just saying “Oh let me X it or repost it on “X.” 

It is such an unflattering name change… 

Well, you're not really wrong, as it still uses twitter.com.

Just now, EdgarM said:

No you are totally right, our superior PP dried up and we didn't know how to get the puck to the net with all of the tight checking. Our players were not equipped to play that kind of hockey. We made Thomas look like a genius because we couldn't get the puck to the net. 

Luckily now we have a couple of Chara's to help clear our front of the net. :classic_biggrin:

We were much less healthy than Boston too.

Hamhuis was out, our best defensive dman

Kesler had broken ribs

Raymond was out

Malholtra out

Samuellson hurt

I think that was the reason we lost. Had we been healthy and had our full lineup we would have won. But that's usually the case, the team who's healthier by the time they get there, tends to win.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

For the love of all things hockey, just do the right thing and retire his number ... hang that jersey already ... 

Then stand back ... way back ... and watch people's heads explode ... pop off like dandelions in the summer ... and people meltdown ... like the villain in the first Indiana Jones movie.

Laugh all you like but we sure have a lot of accolades hanging in the rafters, yet, we have never won a Cup..........hhmmmm. :classic_biggrin:

We were much less healthy than Boston too.

Hamhuis was out, our best defensive dman

Kesler had broken ribs

Raymond was out

Malholtra out

Samuellson hurt

I think that was the reason we lost. Had we been healthy and had our full lineup we would have won. But that's usually the case, the team who's healthier by the time they get there, tends to win.

I keep hearing that yet, Linden scored 2 gols with a multitude of injuries including broken ribs. I can guarantee almost every player that makes it the finals, has some kind of injury they are dealing with, its a nature of the beast. Thats Hockey.

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Ya that’s a great point that gets lost in the “Tim Thomas stood on his head” talk. The system played in front of him was sound, The Canucks weren’t allowed to shoot or even go near the guy. They were getting 0 quality chances towards the end of that series. 

Just now, EdgarM said:

I keep hearing that yet, Linden scored 2 gols with a multitude of injuries including broken ribs. I can guarantee almost every player that makes it the finals, has some kind of injury they are dealing with, its a nature of the beast. Thats Hockey.

did you read that list of how many players were out? each of them was a very important part of our team.

When you have 2 top 6 wingers hurt, your second line Selke center broken ribs, a top 2 dman, and your 3c who's a faceoff wizard out, its pretty darn hard to win against a team who was relatively healthy

my lord

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Ya that’s a great point that gets lost in the “Tim Thomas stood on his head” talk. The system played in front of him was sound, The Canucks weren’t allowed to shoot or even go near the guy. They were getting 0 quality chances towards the end of that series. 

Yes we totally got out worked. There was no rebounds as Boston was on everything before we were. I kept yelling at the TV for the Canucks to put up some kind of fight , but its like they had totally given up by game 7. They just seemed to go through the motions and Thomas gained more confidence as the series went on. By the final, I bet he felt like he was Superman. :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, billydakid said:

did you read that list of how many players were out? each of them was a very important part of our team.

When you have 2 top 6 wingers hurt, your second line Selke center broken ribs, a top 2 dman, and your 3c who's a faceoff wizard out, its pretty darn hard to win against a team who was relatively healthy

my lord

Your still not convincing me. :classic_biggrin: Playoff Perforners/Gamers win you games like that and they don't use excuses. See my example of Linden.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Your still not convincing me. :classic_biggrin: Playoff Perforners/Gamers win you games like that and they don't use excuses. See my example of Linden.

I see

So you think winning a stanley cup is about one player who played with broken ribs?

I suppose you ignore the fact that there's 20 players, and also seem to think that when you're basically missing your second line its going to be fine hey? And a third line center, and your best dman

Show me a team who's managed to over come those injuries to win a stanley cup dude

Your comments are absurd and show you don't really comprehend how hard the sport is.

Edited by billydakid

2 minutes ago, billydakid said:

I see

So you think winning a stanley cup is about one player who played with broken ribs?

I suppose you ignore the fact that there's 20 players and seem to think when you're basically missing your second line its going to be fine hey? And a third line center, and your best dman

Show me a team who's managed to over come those injuries to win a stanley cup dude

Your comments are absurd and show you don't really comprehend how hard the sport is.

Its not always the best team that wins, its the healthiest. 

• Vintage 1