★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

Early years in Van Luo was great.

Then he became a prima donna.  Undeniable. He did.

Then he crapped the bed in game 6 and 7

Then he turned against the team and made it all about him  over the stupid BC Place game

Then he saddled Van with a cap penalty.

Not anyone I want to celebrate - other than his first few years here.

After that it was all about him.  Just all about himself.

Guy turned into a selfish jerk.

Period.

The save on Patrick Sharpe in game 7 overtime vs. the Hawks was astounding. Had that goal

of gone in it would have been an absolute back breaker, the team would have been blown up with out

a doubt if that goal goes in. Such a big game hunter.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, billydakid said:

I see

So you think winning a stanley cup is about one player who played with broken ribs?

I suppose you ignore the fact that there's 20 players, and also seem to think that when you're basically missing your second line its going to be fine hey? And a third line center, and your best dman

Show me a team who's managed to over come those injuries to win a stanley cup dude

Your comments are absurd and show you don't really comprehend how hard the sport is.

I am sorry we were missing 5 key players in that series? Really? First time I heard that. Who were they? 

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Can't wait to see Suter. An extra face off guy too. 

Center depth looks amazing now. 

He's gonna be rusty. 

Every line has a dog on a bone now

Laffy on EP line

Hoggy on JT line

Garly on Bleuger line

PDG on Suter line 

4 dogs on a bone

• Cheers 2

Luongo does not get the credit he deserves for his great playoff performances, we know there were downs but some of the ups were as good as it gets.

2 SO in the final, was fantastic in game 7 against Chicago, fantastic against San Jose. Won us the series against Dallas (they got SO 3 times & won the series!), won us the 2010 series against LA.

It's fine to point out his low moments, but people's feelings of those times tend to get in the way of his ups & I think it's a shame.

Agree with Drance (for once) that Luongo is underrated on Vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Luongo does not get the credit he deserves for his great playoff performances, we know there were downs but some of the ups were as good as it gets.

2 SO in the final, was fantastic in game 7 against Chicago, fantastic against San Jose. Won us the series against Dallas (they got SO 3 times & won the series!), won us the 2010 series against LA.

It's fine to point out his low moments, but people's feelings of those times tend to get in the way of his ups & I think it's a shame.

We can honor him for his time as a Nux and still beat his current team tonight.  

Win-win. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

LOL, Leo tuna breath. He eats tuna before each game when I’m home. 

Just a heads up, despite most dogs liking tuna , it’s important not to feed it to them often or too much at a time. Small dogs especially are susceptible to mercury build up in their tissue. 

There is a lot of info to google. Opening a can of tuna is convenient and a cost effective treat however not good for your happy pooch.

IMG_9118.thumb.jpeg.23b8ff5e08c257a01784da9d87f49284.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I had a cat who ate Iam's or Tuna. And she wanted Tuna. She just wiped it out.

I had a cat in the late 90s who loved french bread and gummy candy. I kept feeding him gummy candy every day after school for a month until Christmas. We would sit on the couch, and I would give him a few pieces and be like, "here you go kitty."

Then on Christmas, my step-father threw a piece of candy to my mother, and the cat tried to intercept it. Then he ate the candy wrapper. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I bet Tampa fans don’t talk this way about Vasy 😂

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This post is ridiculous.

In no time ever have losers been celebrated over the people who won the big prize.  NFL Superbowl, MLB World Series,  NHL Stanley Cup whatever.

if you win you are the best, that is sport.

What the heck have you been watching?

Was Scott Norwood the best Kicker? No.

Was Seattle right to blow the Super Bowl with a bad call. No.

So come off it.  Luongo did his pump my tires speech which energized Boston to win. He then choked in the last two games of the SCF.

Stop it.

Ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Early years in Van Luo was great.

Then he became a prima donna.  Undeniable. He did.

Then he crapped the bed in game 6 and 7

Then he turned against the team and made it all about him  over the stupid BC Place game

Then he saddled Van with a cap penalty.

Not anyone I want to celebrate - other than his first few years here.

After that it was all about him.  Just all about himself.

Guy turned into a selfish jerk.

Period.

All of your negative points are true but I still feel he did more than sufficient good in his Canuck years to be honored in the ROH.

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think he gets credit for his great games and he also rightly gets saddled with his bad ones.  He was basically three parts Ken Dryden and one part Dan Cloutier.  I would say he is definitely the most mentally fragile goalie I can think of who is in the Hall of Fame.  That said, when his mind was right, which was still the majority of the time, he was one of the very best goalies of his era and at times the best.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Luongo did his pump my tires speech which energized Boston to win. He then choked in the last two games of the SCF.

Holy shit, I forgot about the “pump my tires” thing.. this is why all points are valid, we can create a full picture of the player. 

it’s all about how much you liked the player at this point, if he’s one of you’re favourites of course you’re going to be excited for him tonight. If your take on him is more critical then this is all a bit of an eye roll. 

just win the damn game.