★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

Just now, Jaimito said:

Another first round exit in April 

If they don't fix their D and goaltending they're in trouble.

They seem scared to make the hard decision. You've got to move one of Nylander or Marner to make your team better on the back end. Just like we had to move one of Horvat or Miller, it needs to be done.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I think he gets credit for his great games and he also rightly gets saddled with his bad ones.  He was basically three parts Ken Dryden and one part Dan Cloutier.  I would say he is definitely the most mentally fragile goalie I can think of who is in the Hall of Fame.  That said, when his mind was right, which was still the majority of the time, he was one of the very best goalies of his era and at times the best.

I don't know, I don't think he does. He takes alot of the blame for the team (and not all wrong as he did cost them games by himself) but the moments where he did keep them alive don't get much play as they should, and the overall team doesn't take as much blame as they should for their performance infront of him. I said before I think the 06/07 season & the way he played infront of a weak team raised the bar to a (perhaps unrealistic) level that worked against him.

The 2010 LA series in particular never gets mention, but he won them the series. They were down 2-1 in the series & down a goal late in the 3rd, Frolov gets a breakaway & Lu stones him keeping the Canucks hopes alive, then they tie & eventually win the game - if they go down 3-1 there its unlikely they come back. In game 6 they were down 1-0 when he made that rolling glove save off Smyth, nevermind pulling the puck off the goal line in OT game 1 which turned out to be their only win in the first 3 games. 

He's certainly had his meltdowns but I just think he did have many clutch moments for the team aswell that don't get the respect they deserve.