★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

9 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

I just read how a Ukraine Bradley fighting vehicle destroyed a entire column of Russian fighting vehicles, reminds me of the hits that Zads dishes out.. reallyyyyy liking that trade, I bet flamers fans are so not.pleased losing him! Reminds me of Tryamkin... 

Now that sounds like a regular Shorthouse PLAY BY PLAY as the Canucks Rush up the ice 3 on 2.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Would be good to have something like that for other staff. Not sure about ROH, but I'd love to appreciate guys like Patty O'Neil, Red Hamilton, and a guy like Ian Clark. That said, if Pat Quinn gets in, then maybe there's an avenue to ROH (though Quinn was also a player for a little bit).

Can probably do a walk of fame in the concourse or something. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

McDavid is gonna drag that team back into the mix.  We don't need to worry about them if we keep winning games.  It's only an issue if we go on a long losing streak.

Oh I'm not worried about the oilers catching us at all. I just like to see them rotting at the basement in the standings.

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Zad is a lot like Gandalf the White

Zad is our replacement for Tram…

Zad is who Tram shoulda been… 

Much like Gandalf the White replaced Saruman the White…

He was who Saruman shoulda been…

gandalf the white GIF

Oh no, you said the Tram word. Let the speculation run rampant lol

• Haha 1

When Lou got here , there was this feeling that he thought he was too cool for our team kinda. The WCE team had fizzled out and the Sedin team didn't exist yet. We looked like a team that needed a rebuild. He was caught off guard by the trade. Nobody knew his sense of humor and personality at all for the first 2-3 years. He was young, cold and cocky. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Absolutely. Quinn certainly made sure there was an identity to each line. 

I feel like this team almost kinda has that. Not there yet though but it feels like something’s brewing. 

Yup, we have the pieces and kudo's to Allvin and Rutherford for not listening to that "expert" drance and tearing it down. When you have most of your top 6 and potentially all of it if Kuz can find his game, you have your top 2 dmen and have to tinker on depth, your star goalie...its now low cost adds that can help be 'role players'. Those are cheaper and more available.

I think our window starts opening next year, or maybe even this year if we can add some depth pieces at the deadline. Then hopefully in a couple of years when we are really ready to push for a cup, we get some of the young guys coming up and contributing (low cost). Podz, Aman, Woo, EP2, Willander, Lekerimiaki etc...If we develop those guys right, we will have a tough team to deal with assuming we keep the core together.