★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

One of my all time favourite players!! I couldn’t believe we had traded for him / got him…was honestly shocked the night of the trade. Had to get the jersey asap. What an amazing career!!! Congrats on the ROH Luuuuu!!!!!

Edited by 88Canuck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 88Canuck said:

One of my all time favourite players!! I couldn’t believe we had traded for him / got him…was honestly shocked the night of the trade. Had to get the jersey asap. What an amazing career!!! Congrats on the ROH Luuuuu!!!!!

the wild thing is that at the time, trade proposals for luongo definitely would have been the #1 proposal on CDC.  everybody's fantasy. 

including dave nonis, it turns out. 

29 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

go ahead and roast me if you want to...

I've been a Canuck fan since the early 1970's so I've been through 1982, 1994 AND 2011. I don't think we've EVER had a goalie that deserved to have their number retired.

Both McLean and Luongo were somewhere between good and great. They would have awesome stretches and then disappear for a few games. I understand that our defense has never been fantastic, but we have had stretches where it's been what I would call above good. 

King Richard and McLean both got hot in their play off runs only to fall a little bit short. Luongo, on the other hand, would have had trouble in the AHL the way he played in the 2011 finals. 

While only Luongo won any kind of hardware, the Jennings I believe. He never got the job done when it counted.

I feel good about putting hi in the 'Ring of Honour', but not retiring his number. (especially the way he 'retired' and screwed the team cap wise). 

Now if Demko happens to lead us to the SCF and the prize... then if he does nothing else, retire HIS number to the rafters.

And he screwed the Canucks when he hung up his skates.  Tyat alone would disqualify him for me

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

These characters are future Cuphead bosses

Nintendo Switch Animations GIF

Cuphead is one of one of those games that are magnificently done well (along with Bioshock, Fallout, Zelda, Okami, Eastwards, etc.)… Very challenging too!