★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • 7PM • Rogers Place (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

Demko could feel the heat from watching 10 minutes of Luongo saves and standing ovation.

The whole team could zone out, none of these players ever played with him so not really invested but required to sit around and watch while he likely bums around with a bunch or a few of the old players they don't know. (Sedins, Schnides might make a showing, riding a Zamboni)

Whereas Florida has players that have played with Luongo on the team still.

Florida plays on the edge, they will remember the last game in their house. Bennett is playing this time so they have fewer injuries. Not playing last time they met when the Canucks were sizzling hot. Ekblad, Montour, Bennett, three pretty important pieces.

Florida lost to Seattle, they were pretty upset. They are still in a dogfight for position. They hit with purpose and bad intent. That's their game, all game.

I think the Canucks get mesmerized waiting while the ceremony drags out and are flat.

Florida in OT at best, this could be a difficult game. Myers dances. Maybe Zadorov too. 

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

You know I still hate Lou for putting us through that cap crap. He could have done us a solid but seemed to take revelry in not. So imo he can go kick rocks. Panther ferlife

I'm with you on this one... He bend Canucks over, so for him to come waltzing in and pretend too be a hero of Vancouver... 

I haven't forgotten his crap, My contract sucks... and his nice little gesture to Panthers, thus screwing us over... as if the NHL screwing wasn't enough.

Its definitely with mixed emotions I'll see him tonight... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Demko could feel the heat from watching 10 minutes of Luongo saves and standing ovation.

The whole team could zone out, none of these players ever played with him so not really invested but required to sit around and watch while he likely bums around with a bunch or a few of the old players they don't know. (Sedins, Schnides might make a showing, riding a Zamboni)

Whereas Florida has players that have played with Luongo on the team still.

Florida plays on the edge, they will remember the last game in their house. Bennett is playing this time so they have fewer injuries. Not playing last time they met when the Canucks were sizzling hot. Ekblad, Montour, Bennett, three pretty important pieces.

Florida lost to Seattle, they were pretty upset. They are still in a dogfight for position. They hit with purpose and bad intent. That's their game, all game.

I think the Canucks get mesmerized waiting while the ceremony drags out and are flat.

Florida in OT at best, this could be a difficult game. Myers dances. Maybe Zadorov too. 

Patrick Swayze Film GIF by Lionsgate Home Entertainment

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Just have to say this is an amazing GDT @Crimson JH! Thank you so very much for sharing your contribution here. You are one hell of a talented individual. Awesome work!

So many talented people here.Quite a few can make a fine career as professional writes.

Amazing graphic designers, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

I can’t remember. Was that during BB’s fun house and country club environment?

I’m not sure Tocchet would have approved. 
Old buddies or not it’s not a good look. 

Zoomed in on the pic… they are enjoying themselves lol 😂 having a little laugh…

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

*Kirk McLean has entered the chat*

Longo’s first year as a Canuck was the greatest goaltending performance we’ve ever had until he got injured during a midday or morning game at Pittsburgh and he never was quite the same after that…

Man Lu really has people feeling so many things. Lots of negative reaction which surprises me and another group pushing for his jersey to be retired here. 

Both seem way too extreme. Lu's overall time in Van while definitely having some ups and downs was at the end of it all, wonderful. He was the best goalie we've ever had and he figured out his personality eventually and became even more loved. I adored having such a great goalie finally after years of Van being considered a goalie graveyard. 

All that being said, that still doesn't mean we should retire his jersey. Love the guy, but we have too many jersey's hanging in our rafters for an organization that has never won a championship. 

Anyway, good luck Vancouver hope you can pull off a win against a tough opponent. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I'm with you on this one... He bend Canucks over, so for him to come waltzing in and pretend too be a hero of Vancouver... 

I haven't forgotten his crap, My contract sucks... and his nice little gesture to Panthers, thus screwing us over... as if the NHL screwing wasn't enough.

Luongo was great when he first got here and led the team to a lot of success.  Eventually he became a prima donna.  His pump my tires speech after game 5 absolutely killed Vcr's chances to win the cup.  All on him for picking that time to be such a self centered jerk.

Luongo's stupid rant was answered by Thomas saying I don't know what he's talking about I'm just playing hockey.

That led to Boston taking over feeling superior and energized and kicking VCR in game 6 and 7.

Then he pulled a prima donna again over the stupid BC Place game and wanted out.

Then screwed his team with the cap recapture.

Blah.

Not a fan of his.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

“He got them there son. He got them there”.

I think I’ve watched that game 4 times since.. he truly was abysmal in game 7. Really felt like the tank was empty that fateful day. Up and down the line up we looked like ghosts of the players that beat Chicago,Nashville & San Jose. 
damn shame.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Nobody forced management to offer him a monster contract. Nobody knew there'd be such a stuff cap penalty at the time of signing.. and the guy had to retire because he gave his body for this sport and it caught up to him. Played with his heart on his sleeve here.

Today's huge for the organization, appreciating the best goaltender to ever play for us. Maybe you guys could suck it up, get over it, and enjoy the induction like the rest of us.

• Thanks 1

Big game, the Canucks have struggled against the mosre competitive teams this year. Good thing is we havent actually played the best teams a whole lot, so there is time to turn that record around, and tonight is a perfect opportunity.

This is a good team they got in Florida, the boys will need their a-game.

Im feeling a big game from Hogz, goal and an assist. Im also calling Kuzy with another one, hoping that monkey gets launched off his back, into the sun and never to return.

Lets do this! Go Canucsk Go!

Also, am I the only one who read the GDT in an old timey news boy voice?

1 minute ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I think I’ve watched that game 4 times since.. he truly was abysmal in game 7. Really felt like the tank was empty that fateful day. Up and down the line up we looked like ghosts of the players that beat Chicago,Nashville & San Jose. 
damn shame.

It wasn’t just in him. 

Using him as the scapegoat is unfortunate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1