★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes but there is a reason they haven’t been put on the top dman pairings before they came to Vancouver. You can’t tell me if Hronek or Hughes gets injured that  Myers or Zadorov can step in and take those minutes.

I said that before that Tocchet tried a few things when he waited on the upgrade from Allvin.

Hence the games where the teams was a bit disoriented… And then we go back to winning with a system that works again.

We did just that.

Think 82 games and long run.

We can handle one of Hughes or Hronek missing now.

From next season we can let both rest sometime due to Willander coming in.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I hated the JT Miller trade at the time, so we all get things wrong haha

Man its so much fun right now, when the Canucks are good the sun is a tad brighter, beer tastes a tad better, games are alot more fun. Its been a long time coming. 

And that's more fun too; at least, that's what she said.

• Haha 1

I missed the first bit of the game, to purposely avoid the Luongo Ring of Honor ceremony, as I'm still super pissed about his number not being retired.

But catching what I did, this game was fun to watch. These games where the team plays structured are very same feeling. And they're all wins.

• Sad 1

I was a little worried with all the shaky zone exits in the 1st, more so than the ugly 3rd since most of those shots weren't very scary.

Was also getting perturbed with the weak reffing. Was like they stashed the whistles until the Canucks earned a penalty. Then was really pissed they didn't call cross-checking when Kuzy was trying to get back up in the corner. Too many obvious calls ignored. But I didn't have any issues with the calls against us, so that's something in their favor.

Glad they could succeed in spite of it all.

Guessing Kuzy gave the monkey on his back a banana or two and sent him on his way. So pumped to see him excited again.

Keep on streaking, and flatten the Mild!

Hope the garbage start times dont hurt them this weekend.

• Cheers 2

Was at work for this one. When I seen the 10 page, now 11 page GDT. I figured it was a good night. Not much to complain about. Nice to see Kuzy get a goal. Always warms my soul when they give credit to a good pass/forecheck. Garland has been a monster in that regard. Hounding defenders. Nice to see Demko blank someone. Back to back good games after 4 uncharacteristic meh games for him. Love to see it.

1 hour ago, Crimson JH said:

Sometimes they do travel with the team, not always. 

Yeah. Of course, they're not assistant coaches, but if the poster you were responding to, doesn't think the Sedins have an impact on the players, regardless of their position in the organization, think again. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Geez, my dad just sent me a picture of a signed game worn Canucks Luongo jersey I supposedly game him a long time ago, I don’t remember but back then I owned a sports card store. 

Question is, how do I get it back from him.

Just show me where he lives and just wait in the car!

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Clocked myself in the face with my cowbell...only a little blood. Was lucky I didn't knock a tooth out. I took one for my team (was trying to high five my friend beside me and I had the cowbell lanyard wrapped around my wrist....shot it back at me like a slingshot). Took one for the team.

Post Game Pics Starring Deb Loves Canines: (I believe in Miracles, you sexy thing - love, Benny)

2a4d.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuYPaRzXTWxszi_BMufBu

Funny-Teeth-Meme-You-Want-The-Tooth-You-

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Well, they could have gone with Arturs Silov as the backup and gotten good results, but this management group thinks long term.

They know they have a real star in Silovs, and they want to give him time to develop in Abby like Demko had time to develop on the farm.

And they probably thought Pearson was not going to recover as well... obviously he has recovered, he's played really well, but so has DeSmith... so the trade was a good one.

We needed a backup for a year or two to allow Silovs to develop, and we had the goalscorers and 3rd liners to replace Pearson.

Not to belittle your point at all I hope, but also they knew that Spencer Martin was not going to be good enough for the full-time backup gig this season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, theochar said:

No way!!!!! Is that place still open? Had an interesting night in there around 1990

Couple near-death experiences in the early 80's for me.

Couple lessons learned:

1. Don't take brothers-in-law; they're too stupid to behave properly and cause firearms to appear.

2. Don't start fighting in the parking lot with cabbies; a whole swarm of cabs surrounded the parking lot in no time.

2 hours ago, Silent Man said:

I’ve got a feeling that Crimson JH might be a woman. 

That’s okay, and you are correct.  Sometimes I used the word “man” as an expression in a lesser profanity ways. 😂 

For example:

“Aw man! I lost my keys again!”

• Haha 1

It occurs to me in hindsight that Luongo's cap recapture might have actually been a good thing for us in the long run. What would we have some with that extra cap space under Benning? Likely overpaid for another mediocre player that would eventually have to be bought out, dumped with a sweetener or best case scenario spend the rest of his contract on IR.

Thanks Loui

• ThereItIs 3