★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I think he views himself as a complex beast, not entirely Panther, not entirely Canuck - but I think he deems both equally important.  And, as he stated last night, the most important years of his career were in Canuck colours.  So I wouldn't be so quick to claim that he views himself as a Panther first.  Maybe chronologically, maybe because they're now paying him as a special consultant, but not as a player looking back at their body of work.

I think he is a panther to the core.  He might value and have great memories of his time in Van, but his heart is in Fla..........I don't really think most people would dispute that.  I certainly don't blame him, it's his home and the place the values the most.

37 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

No More Voodoo!

No More Voodoo!

Let's win All The Trophies (Brock is lining up nicely for the Masterton.)

This is how you do it..

original.png?1698643215

Mario was not too bad…

If he didn’t have health problems he coulda eclipsed Gretzky… He’s the only player to have the talent to do it and also he played in the era that could’ve allowed him to do that…

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Why or what in the hell is Drance complaining about on the radio. Last night's ceremony the organization dropped the ball ??? The evening was overshadowed ??? what am I missing.

He's a narcissist. He's not getting enough attention so has to say stupid shit. Do what I did delete him from Twitter, and don't watch the various shows when they have him on. 

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

The Benning Canucks would of lost 4-0 on Luongo night.  Those days are over, good things happen to us now.

**Knocks on wood**

Post game presser would be "That's a good hockey team over there, got to tip your hat to them"

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I am curious if that is what the pairings will be.

But for sure this will be the first time going into the playoffs I am excited about the size and physicality of our backend.

I will say this for everyone frustrated with Myers at times.

I have never seen him play bad in the playoffs.

He is usually at his best, the refs give him more leash and he plays more physical.

I remember a Peg series he had round 1 and he was an absolute monster. It did end in a injury for him but it reminded me of Elder vs LA round 1.

Myers started out horribly and then improved after the Nashville game, and then regressed to the low point of doing Jack Hughes a favor with the tape to tape. However, I do think he's found a solid (both figuratively and literally) defense partner in Zadorov, who is the more imposing and aggressive of the pair, which gives Myers some support to make solid and safe passes out of the zone. 

Outside of Vegas, no other blueline boasts such a varied and vital corps. Good times ahead!

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Or just careful. Not wanting to award success without a longer runway. So some feel they have to bring the expectations back down to earth.

Yes they have lots of points BUT ..... context, they played more games ..... outrageous shooting percentages better than twice average ..... level of competition, good teams playing like garbage ...... goal totals inflated by 4 games ......

Ya, emotional. When the heart is removed from the reasoning then those that use the heart think everything is negative.

I am coming around to think this group is pretty good but not as good as their record, getting there, Rutherford/Alvin are making improvements and the players confidence levels appear to be improving or improved, I really think the improved defence Soucy, Zadorov, Cole, Juulsen, Myers have changed much of the expectations. Just a couple more.

Still just not ready to jump on the wagon, just want to be careful. 

youre not ready to cheer us on? Or believe we are a good team?

You have been hurt its okay we will support you for when you are ready ❤️

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah. It's nice to see us building a team for the playoffs instead of a collection of random parts like Benning did and leave it to the coaches to figure out. We definitely have some difference makers now.

I agree on Myers but I'd be worried about untimely penalties too. He played awesome but cost us bigtime too. I guess it all lines up in the world of chaos though. :towel:

It's a great time to be a Canuck! 

100000% 

A team Vision, everyone working towards the same goal / system and a clear plan to fill roles and team needs instead of like you said random best parts available and no clear vision..

Its super refreshing and really exciting.

They really have been BUILDING

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Drance would probably find something wrong with a Canucks Cup championship. 

(e.g.) 

'They probably didn't win at the right time'

They should have finsihed the game before 9:45 instead they drew it out to 11:18 and now his bubble bath is cold and his rubber ducky and lube went missing. Ass Clown.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They should have finsihed the game before 9:45 instead they drew it out to 11:18 and now his bubble bath is cold and his rubber ducky and lube went missing. Ass Clown.

Is the rubber ducky and lube related orrr you know what nah I'm good, I don't need to know, especially with him

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

100000% 

A team Vision, everyone working towards the same goal / system and a clear plan to fill roles and team needs instead of like you said random best parts available and no clear vision..

Its super refreshing and really exciting.

They really have been BUILDING

When management first took over, they focused on building up hockey ops to insure alignment of ownership, management, coaches and players. Fans were getting impatient, including me, but there is a reason that Rutherford was inducted into the HHOF as a  ‘builder’. Hiring him may be the best thing FA has done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yes especially considering schedules.   Thing is, that team was good enough, to actually not worry about much during the regular season.   You knew we were making playoffs.    This team could also manage that.    And hopefully does. 

The worst thing about this is other teams do the math too. 

They are not worried about Toronto. Edmonton, the math is still working itself out.

Vancouver is breaking all the math this year.... and likely only this year depending on Peteys contract.... I really hope he waits to deadline to decide like Sedins did.

What I like recently is even with injuries, line demotions on some high cap players, we are still winning. The MATH breaks when you have over 10 million in two players playing on the bottom 6

1 hour ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Yeah, not gonna lie, wanted to step away from CDC for a few days during that .500 slump. All of the sudden the cesspool of people saying this team is done for emerged - reminds me why some players can't stand the scrutiny of a Canadian market - it's ridiculous at times. 

Totally get / understand this! I think there is a huge difference between opinions, constructive criticism etc (plus logic & common sense) and the significant toxic negativity / hate that comes from the media / a few of the fans (some on here). This is my escape and I love the Canucks / Hockey and discussing it, but these few people have consumed this forum and it makes it unenjoyable! I find myself taking long breaks from it and / or being in the background and just reading certain aspects of it. Life should be about balance / a happy medium, but it’s seems to be about extremes in either direction. Life / social media is full of toxic negativity / hate, so it would be nice if we can come here and enjoy / discuss what we love without that nonsense! Just my opinion though…

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Does make me wonder. When the Luongo contract was sent to NHL head office. How come the league just didn't say no this is excessive.

And freeze all contract requests over 8 years and have the GM's discuss it? Or would that have been too proactive?

because contract rules have to be collectively bargained, the NHL doesn't have the power to make that call without the NHLPA signing off. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But they allow retroactive punishment for same said contract. Lu was right. It sucked.

it's important to note that prior to the luongo contract, the NHL issued a stern wanting against front loaded contracts that violate the spirit of the rule, if not the letter.

gillis, gilman and luongo's agents (jp barry and gilles lupien if memory serves) knew exactly what they were doing, and playing with fire got them burned. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Captain Hughes said:

He's a narcissist. He's not getting enough attention so has to say stupid shit. Do what I did delete him from Twitter, and don't watch the various shows when they have him on. 

Clearly we need to be compassionate towards him for he is of a lesser mind… This calls for empathy and compassion… We need to realize that the elevator isnt going to the top floor - that he is a few short of a six pack - he’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer - and it’s pretty clear that he is more than a few pages short of a chapter… Definitely a disadvantage individual who is mentally challenged - therefore let’s take the high road and have pity on such a one…

• Haha 2