★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

Linden? Really? Were you a fan back then? I hope you are not serious.

agreed. He absolutely should be there

The man that took needles in his ribs during intermission so he can continue to play against ny in 94.  The man was pure heart!!!  

• Like 2

I really dont see why anybody would want to keep this thread going with 2 unemployed virgins just moving goal posts and making up conspiracies. 

The fact that AnnoyingG-oof has me on ignore, clearly him being a virgin or unemployed (both) struck a chord. Ive owned and will always own AnthonyG.

Anybody friends with with him? Cut and paste my message, i dont really give a rats ass

1 hour ago, filthy animal said:

I really dont see why anybody would want to keep this thread going with 2 unemployed virgins just moving goal posts and making up conspiracies. 

The fact that AnnoyingG-oof has me on ignore, clearly him being a virgin or unemployed (both) struck a chord. Ive owned and will always own AnthonyG.

Anybody friends with with him? Cut and paste my message, i dont really give a rats ass

Woah put down the angry sandwich sir. We are here for funsies

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

No I wasn't.  I didn't even know they were in SCF.  Found out they lost the finals in Tokyo when they reported it on CNN. Lol.  Then the riots. What a bunch of losers.  

I became a canucks fan during WCE days.  

Then how could you make a decision about someone (Linden) that you have never seen play and have no idea of their significance to the team?

As for the 1994 riots, yes losers, not Canucks fans. They were mostly opportunists and shit disturbers that gave real fans a bad rep.

Same in 2011.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I don't agree with Smyl, Naslund.  Linden is borderline.  But since they've already set the bar low, why not Luongo?  At least he consistent. 

This is what happens when a franchise doesn't win in over 50 yrs.  Keep changing jerseys and logo every few decades, retire jerseys, ROH.  All part of the misery of being a Canucks fan.   

Yup 

“had to laugh to prevent myself from crying”

- POH

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He also showed up and contributed when the team needed him the most.

Well yeah that’s what I meant. I gave one example.  No one in their right mind will read pages of examples I give.  Too long and not enough pictures 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, filthy animal said:

I actually replied to the wrong thread lol my bad. Things happen when too many beers flowing at a xmas party

So yer go-to insults are unemployment and virginity (both things that many experience through no fault of their own) and when your antics go south on ya, ya blame it on the beers ya drank as opposed to your choice to drink them and then post hostilities without even knowing which thread you're in 🤔

Make this man an admin!!

#myhero

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Traditionally we have not had a good record in those games. 10 am Vancouver starts or worse sometimes noon games EST mean our boys are getting up at 6 am their time. Regardless we have to be ready for the games. It usually 3 or so a year

I would counter by saying that the Canucks always have had their practice at 10:30 am PST so if games starts at 11am PST so this is close as the practice time so it shouldn't ruin them too much than if they started at 10am or even 9 am start.  Plus they get to get in and play one hour later on Sunday at noon PST, still more than 24 hours than lose time with one hour behind and having no legs. 

So their gameday routines in matinees is no different.  They still have to get in the practice facility 1 hour earlier or even 1 1/2 hours for meetings to go over the details and dress practice jersey on non-game days.   If EST game day is too early, let's say noon EST or 1pm EST on first game of the trip, then I agree with you.    This year, it seems to be that if you stay in east coast for more than a week and matinees happens, it becomes easier to adjust to the eastern time for two matinees road games in January and February.  Not to mention, all star game is happening in Toronto so our star players will be used to eastern time zone by then February matinees games happening.  

Great read here on Luongo's contract snafu

Roberto Luongo said Thursday the retirement versus long-term-injured-reserve (LTIR) question wasn’t his call. How was it not his call?

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-mailbag-the-vibes-are-good-plus-a-lingering-roberto-luongo-mystery/wcm/f5fd705b-78d4-48c9-bc1b-24c5e73006af?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1702684424

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, filthy animal said:

9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

What bothered me the most was that this was a LEGAL contract at the time it was signed and Bettman screwed us retroactively with that recapture penalty. Our ownership was too weak or dumb to fight it. FA could have refused to sign that new CBA unless they grandfathered our team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

What bothered me the most was that this was a LEGAL contract at the time it was signed and Bettman screwed us retroactively with that recapture penalty. Our ownership was too weak or dumb to fight it. FA could have refused to sign that new CBA unless they grandfathered our team. 

To what end? Losing the team? 

It's a club of 32, not a fair or democratic business.

23 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Defensive depth. But Soucy's return and play might put this concern to bed.

I was thinking about this. 

With the arrival of Z, when Soucy returns, We now have depth if any 1 of Myers, Cole Z or Soucy get injured. 

At forward, We have enough in Abby to cover a bottom 6 injury along with maybe covering for Mik and the other 2nd line winger (Kuz / Lafferty) 

I think the only thing that will derail the team is if Hughes, Hronek or Miller get injured as there are no replacements for them.

How are the Avs if Makar goes down? Are they still contenders? 

What if Mckinnon goes down instead? Do they have enough depth? 

I wonder what a reasonable / appropriate amount of depth is when you are talking about an insurance policy for your elite players. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't see how Aqua wins anything. How?

It's a club, you're in or you're out.

I don’t know if you understand what I’m saying. He had a vote like every other Board of Governors. He was free to vote no to that CBA. There wasn’t a gun to his head saying vote yes or you’re out of the league. This matter was huge for the franchise and he conceded because he was either too weak or ignorant. We needed a grandfather clause to that recapture penalty. It was a LEGAL contract at the time which was SIGNED off by the league. 

That’s the win. 

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

I don’t know if you understand what I’m saying. He had a vote like every other Board of Governors. He was free to vote no to that CBA. There wasn’t a gun to his head saying vote yes or you’re out of the league. This matter was huge for the franchise and he conceded because he was either too weak or ignorant. We needed a grandfather clause to that recapture penalty. It was a LEGAL contract at the time which was SIGNED off by the league. 

That’s the win. 

I do understand. But you seem to think there's some higher authority to be appealed to. There isn't.

It's a club run by a prick out east, there's no such thing as fair. There's no win to be had here, they can make things up as they feel like it.

The only option Aqua would have is around revenue share. Maybe he decides to fully tank for 5 years and let league revenue suffer a bit. That's it.

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I do understand. But you seem to think there's some higher authority to be appealed to. There isn't.

It's a club run by a prick out east, there's no such thing as fair. There's no win to be had here, they can make things up as they feel like it.

The only option Aqua would have is around revenue share. Maybe he decides to fully tank for 5 years and let league revenue suffer a bit. That's it.

Good points and I agree with them.

I have been repeatedly told by a couple posters here that the CBA was signed unanimously by all the Governors. What would have happened if FA voted no? Do you think they would have still passed it? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

Good points and I agree with them.

I have been repeatedly told by a couple posters here that the CBA was signed unanimously by all the Governors. What would have happened if FA voted no? Do you think they would have still passed it? 

I do. And then Aqua is the ahole on the outside looking in.

It was a choice between bad and crappy.

Also, Gillis was told there would be consequences.