★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

20 WINS in 30 Games. 

WoW

Tied with VGK for most wins in the NHL. 

NYR 19 

BOS 18

COL 18

Top of the list for regulation wins with 19. Finally a team that can shut it down after 40. Even though the shots were high. Almost zero second chances given to Florida. Never saw this team box out and tie up sticks like they were doing all night. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Who is the 2nd pairing now?  Myers and Zadorov were the big minute guys tonight.  I see good chemistry between those 2.  Splitting them up would be a mistake.  Are you thinking finding a partner for Cole?

Yes but that’s what I am saying. On a great team like Vegas. Those dmen would be on a third pairing. Not your second pairing. It’s the depth we are trying to obtain right now that we don’t have. We have a lot of thirs pairing dmen. I am saying one more top dman in case we get injuries. We are one injury away from being in trouble and I mean on Hughes or Hronek. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

7 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Yeah. I couldn't believe my ears, either. 

Like, wtf? 

They have crap D and goaltending. 

There's no way in hell those guys win a cup. 

They're a one trick pony, meaning top loaded offense. 

Might sneak in the playoffs but as we Canuckfans all know, having one *SUPER* line (West Coast Express) isn't enough for the playoffs.  *AND* we had a better blueline (Ohlund & Jovocop with still gas in their tank) at the time.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Some people were "whining" about Juulsen being in the lineup, but man, he's been rock solid, and he's only getting better. 

Hronek, ??? and Juulsen. 

Hughes, Soucy and Zadorov. 

That’s cause he sucked but he’s played very well for a stretch here. Can’t wait for Soucy to come back! What a game! 

• Cheers 1

The core of this team has bought into Tocchet's standard. And Tocchet's standard is one that's trying to build a championship level team. 

Even when they aren't playing at their best they know it & are accountable. Its extremely encouraging.

Great game tonight, after they scored it didn't feel like Florida had any chance to win. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I like Juulsen’s physicality. He steps up and hits.

And he got a couple of good shots off tonight.   He doesn't score much,  but has a cannon of a shot --- many of his assists in Abby were scores off rebounds from his shots from the point.   He's been deferring a lot to Cole so far, but was good to see him unleash a couple 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You mean a team that has allowed only 4 goals against in the last 4 games and is 2nd overall in the entire NHL?  Gotts give credit where it's due man.  Zadorov and Myers, and Cole and Juulsen have been extremely solid defence pairs.

Yes but there is a reason they haven’t been put on the top dman pairings before they came to Vancouver. You can’t tell me if Hronek or Hughes gets injured that  Myers or Zadorov can step in and take those minutes.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes but there is a reason they haven’t been put on the top dman pairings before they came to Vancouver. 

We don't need a top pairing defenceman when the bottom 2 pairs are as solid as these guys are defensively.  Hughes and Hronek are still the top defensive pair in the league.  We just have a very solid supporting 4 below them now.  Not to mention Soucy will eventually be back too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Damn right. Juulsen has developed into a rock steady D, who makes minimal mistakes and hits hard. And... he's a RD. 

Who cares if he doesn't score points. 

Cole, overall, has been excellent, and he too, plays a hard game. 

Still don't think Juulsen has proven he can be an every day player but he's improved. With Soucy coming back, this time for Juulsen will only help him and the team. We know there's always injuries to D in the playoffs, so his improvement is important.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1