★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

Just now, HKSR said:

We don't need a top pairing defenceman when the bottom 2 pairs are as solid as these guys are defensively.  Hughes and Hronek are still the top defensive pair in the league.  We just have a very solid supporting 4 below them now.  Not to mention Soucy will eventually be back too.

Injuries happen. I am just saying we need one more top dman as depth in case we have injuries. You are talking like Hughes and Hronek won’t be injured. I hope they won’t but it’s a long season.

1 minute ago, Crimson JH said:

Thanks! lol, here a Timelapse video. I had to hold my phone to record it since during the Timelapse.. The image orientation changed  midway through the video. So I had to manually rotate it, or else you’ll be watching it sideways at the beginning… 😂 

Also, I had to speed it up a bit to conserve the file memory size. Basically, it took me a whole 1st period and intermission to complete the sketch. Halfway through the 2nd, I worked on the graphic editing to put the old paper textures in, resizing the image, and exporting it to a png file. 

All that done, while watching the game, and taking part in commenting on GDT! 😝

Impressive man! Hope to see more GDTs from you in the future!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Might sneak in the playoffs but as we Canuckfans all know, having one *SUPER* line (West Coast Express) isn't enough for the playoffs.  *AND* we had a better blueline (Ohlund & Jovocop with still gas in their tank) at the time.

The only reason WCE teams did not win a cup was goal tending. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1)  Garland's hard work obviously is the key to putting the puck in the hands of Kuzzy... and he finished it

2) Garland's hustle keeps the puck in, sends it back deep and allows for the rest of the line to finish

3)  Garland didn't get an assist on the Joshua 2nd goal... but his pressure was what made Goalie Bob make his mistake

Well deserved 3rd Star... lets hope his hard work will see some goals in the next couple games.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Injuries happen. I am just saying we need one more top dman as depth in case we have injuries. You are talking like Hughes and Hronek won’t be injured. I hope they won’t but it’s a long season.

Soucy is our 7th D at the moment.  Friedman, Hirose and Mcward have shown they're capable too.  That's 10 NHL capable D.  I guess we need 11 or 12 before you feel comfortable?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You mean a team that has allowed only 4 goals against in the last 4 games and is 2nd overall in the entire NHL?  Gotts give credit where it's due man.  Zadorov and Myers, and Cole and Juulsen have been extremely solid defence pairs.

I would say our goalies deserve a lot more credit. 

We’ve gotten outshot bad this win streak and they’ve had to make a lot of grade A saves. 

I’d probably rest Demko next game. He’s had to put in work as of late. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

That’s cause he sucked but he’s played very well for a stretch here. Can’t wait for Soucy to come back! What a game! 

Fair enough, but he never sucked as bad as Myers. <--- His "mistakes" are glaring, and WAY TOO OFTEN. 

I think Noah just needed some time to build his confidence, by working with our coaches, in general. 

The last few games are really telling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Man I'm not even totally sure that we need another top 4D right now.  Soucy isn't even back yet and we look solid on the back end.

If we could guarantee no injuries, I'd be right there with ya

Sadly, greater depth is essential to maintaining the kind of win rates we've been enjoying at times this season. One or two key guys go down and we're back on our heels

• Thanks 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I would say our goalies deserve a lot more credit. 

We’ve gotten outshot bad this win streak and they’ve had to make a lot of grade A saves. 

I’d probably rest Demko next game. He’s had to put in work as of late. 

They do, but they are also seeing the puck quite well because of the D.

Just now, Steamer4GM said:

If we could guarantee no injuries, I'd be right there with ya

Sadly, greater depth is essential to maintaining the kind of win rates we've been enjoying at times this season. One or two key guys go down and we're back on our heels

That could be said about every team in the NHL though.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Hiring Tocchet might be this franchises best move since drafting Hughes. He's been that important imo.

Knows exactly what it takes to win, and is both relentless in holding the standard but also handles the players very well. He's fantastic. 

Yip. I wanted full tank mode and hated the hiring. So glad I got that completely wrong. Great assistants as well with sooo much knowledge to draw from.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, billydakid said:

Soucy isn't our 7th dman, he's injured. As soon as he's healthy Juulsen comes out

If he came back right now, I'm not even sure tocchet would want to mess around with a roster that's on a 4 game win streak allowing only 4 goals against over those 4 games.