★[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers • Dec 14, 2023 • (Roberto Luongo Night ROH Induction)★

Crimson JH

5 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

What a great game to be at! 

They played well in all 3 periods. Yeah we were outshot in the 3rd but not many of those were grade A chances. The boys kept the defence strong in the end. 

We were all yelling Brob’s name when he made that gaffe! Went on for like 10min. Kind of felt sorry for him. Not!

Yeah poor dude crying all the way to the bank cashing in his million dollar checks lol not sorry for him at all…

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

For the past few games, at least, he's proven to be a consistent, steady D. 

Sure, he'll probably be relegated once Soucy is back, but I'd rather him than Myers any day. He's an absolute liability. Period. 

And yet he's been one of our best dmen along with Zadorov and Hughes and Hronek

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

And the Sedins  are in charge of something - the power-play maybe?

Sedins are not assistant coaches... they are higher up.

They work with all the players on the big team... but also those guys down in Abby, those on International teams and in Junior.

So for example, they worked with Hoglander while he was in Abby... but they also work with Kuzmenko recently... and guys like Linus Karlsson.

They make recommendations about where a given player needs to go with his development.

They don't travel with the team like Ass't's.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Sedins are not assistant coaches... they are higher up.

They work with all the players on the big team... but also those guys down in Abby, those on International teams and in Abby.

So for example, they worked with Hoglander while he was in Abby... but they also work with Kuzmenko recently... and guys like Linus Karlsson.

They make recommendations about where a given player needs to go with his development.

They don't travel with the team like Ass't's.

Sometimes they do travel with the team, not always. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

And yet he's been one of our best dmen along with Zadorov and Hughes and Hronek

Absolutely. That's all any of us should want. 

A rock-solid, steady game. Keep it simple stupid. 

We have enough offense from Hughes and Hronek. 

Anything more is a bonus. Soucy has shown to score, so that's another bonus. 

Otherwise, the rest need to make sure we play sold D. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Otherwise, the rest need to make sure we're play sold D. 

Bros still look like they could lace um up. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Been masking whose mistakes? Myers? 

Juulsen makes way less costly errors than Myers. 

Anyway, like you say, in time, we'll find out who's worth keeping in the lineup, or not.

I’ve seen all the D make mistakes that have led to grade A chances or prolonged time in our own zone. Some more than others.  

A part of the reason why we slumped for a bit and took time to get back on track was average goaltending.  Back then it was easier to see the faults of some of our D because mistakes had more consequences. 

I am not gonna signal anyone out yet. It makes more sense to wait and see how average games from our Gs pan out. 

Hopefully we don’t see an average game from our Gs for a while though. I would like to continue this streak. 

I would also like to turn around the shot total of this streak. We’ve been outshot a lot the past 4 games. That’s not just on the D but forwards as well. 

I don’t want to keep working Demko like this and burn him out. Give us a win where we give our G an easy night. That would be good progress and a step forward. 

Overall just keep taking steps forward like we have this year. Keep up the good work.

Just now, Barn Burner said:

Otherwise, the rest need to make sure we're play sold D. 

The weakness of the team last year was that we didn't have the solid D to maintain control in our own zone.

We had poor structure, the D was running around, and too small to control the boards... and the forwards were not coming back consistently enough.

At the beginning of the season, with Hughes and Hronek, we had a solid pair... who were good for both Offense and Defense... but Myers, although he was better, was still not at home with his partner on the 2nd pair.  And the 3rd pair was ad hoc, no one knew who was playing from night to night. 

Now with the addition of Zadorov on the 2nd pair, Myers really has a partner who complements him... and vice Versa.  Zadorov and Myers both have their weaknesses, but when they are on the ice together, they elevate their play.  The third pair is still a third pair, but the improved play of Juulsen, plus the fact 2nd pair is solid, has really taken the weight off Cole... he can just do his job as #5 and no longer has to take on 2nd pair responsibilities.

Who knows what happens when Soucy comes back... but I think he is 3rd pair if he plays.

Of course, it could all go to sh*t... Zadorov could start headhunting and taking irresponsible penalties and Myers could start panic mode again... but every game they play together they get more confidence in each other... and the coaches get more confidence in them.  It was no coincidence they had more time than Hughes/Hronek.  Ideally there should be more of a balance in shift time between the 1st and 2nd pairing, so Hughes/Hronek don't get burnt out.  The amount of ice time Hughes was playing in the first 25 games was way too high.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Imagine if you went into hiding or something and never knew anything about this season and tonight you checked the stats. 

Brock with 22 goals

Hughes and Miller etc

Hell even Myers hah 

At the start of the season I was just hoping for marginal improvements, maybe winning a few more then losing, but being competitive and hard working. Zero expectations for making the playoffs this year. This is surreal to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Vancan said:

At the start of the season I was just hoping for marginal improvements, maybe winning a few more then losing, but being competitive and hard working. Zero expectations for making the playoffs this year. This is surreal to say the least.

Same my friend, I was so sick of expectations, thought the team would be better sooner. Here we are now though. It’s finally paying off

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1