[Trade] Canucks trade Jack Studnicka to Sharks for 2024 6th round pick and Nick Cicek

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Do you Juulsen was awful last game and not a long term solution imo... 

Played like 4 or 5 straight good games, has 1 bad game and now it's all over for him. As a 3rd pair/depth guy. He's perfectly fine fit with the team imo. He won't sink the team on a bad night. I like him as a 6D. He has been steadily improving over the last year and a half. I think he has a place in the NHL on a good team if he keeps playing like he has been.

58 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Played like 4 or 5 straight good games, has 1 bad game and now it's all over for him. As a 3rd pair/depth guy. He's perfectly fine fit with the team imo. He won't sink the team on a bad night. I like him as a 6D. He has been steadily improving over the last year and a half. I think he has a place in the NHL on a good team if he keeps playing like he has been.

I’m not a fan of him as more than a depth 7th/8th piece at this point, this is based on more than one game… 

I think this trade is perfectly fair, Studnicka really improved this year. i also think the difference between a 5th and a 6th is so tiny that getting a player back means we won the Boston trade last year... another amazing move by the management...

and makes me believe we are not trading kuzmenko... really hard to find a better player for cheaper... still believe if we are trading a player it will be myers through a Stevie Y esque 3rd team 50% retention... every playoff team will want him at 3 million

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• Ribs unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, MidKnight Ego said:

I think this trade is perfectly fair, Studnicka really improved this year. i also think the difference between a 5th and a 6th is so tiny that getting a player back means we won the Boston trade last year... another amazing move by the management...

and makes me believe we are not trading kuzmenko... really hard to find a better player for cheaper... still believe if we are trading a player it will be myers through a Stevie Y esque 3rd team 50% retention... every playoff team will want him at 3 million

Can we trade him to a team that retains 50% and trades him back to us. 

1 hour ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

Yes, dark days.  Rebuilds be like that.

Benning sucked so bad that Rutherford decided to move forward with Benning's core... who are currently lighting up the league.  Ohh so bad eh. Lol

There was no rebuild.  The team was worse after almost a decade than it was when he started.  The team was completely capped out.  It had a worse prospect pool when he got fired, even after being one of the worst teams in the league over his tenure (the worst if you count wins per dollar spent, the only worse teams were actually rebuilding and spending tens of millions less).

Oh, and no front office has made more trades and moves than the Canucks…. That isn’t keeping the same team as Benning. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Can we trade him to a team that retains 50% and trades him back to us. 

no... unfortunately not...

but replacing myers with someone with a cheap contract with term and we can likely make 2 significant moves, replacing PDG and Myers... 

we won the Hronek trade, but that doesnt mean Stevie y is dumb. Redwings likely win a cup in the next 5 years...

got to look at those blake coleman trades... if we can get adam Larsson and a bottom tier top 6 that can score and do what PDG can do watch out... Colton scissons comes to mind how much to retain 850K for 2 years and aquire them... these are the type of trades are great as they help now and later... Im guessing we become real contenders after these trades...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Provost said:

There was no rebuild.  The team was worse after almost a decade than it was when he started.  The team was completely capped out.  It had a worse prospect pool when he got fired, even after being one of the worst teams in the league over his tenure (the worst if you count wins per dollar spent, the only worse teams were actually rebuilding and spending tens of millions less).

Oh, and no front office has made more trades and moves than the Canucks…. That isn’t keeping the same team as Benning. 

Last I checked. Miller Pete Hughes and Demko were Bennings core. It's up to JR Alvin to put the finishing touches and get em to the dance. 

Brian Burke got us the Sedins, Kes, Bieksa Salo. MG got them to the dance.  

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

And clearing 700k from the cap. 

Wut?  Cicek is $835 and Studs is $762 and they're both buried in the minors.  Cicek is 23 and Studs is 24. Cicek isn't likely to make the NHL (16 games only).  He's a long shot.  But Studnika has a chance to be a regular on a poor team.  He has 90 games to his credit at this point.  Allvin brought him in in Oct 2022 for DiPietro and Myrenberg as a little depth.  He played 52 games in Van and since it was clear that Allvin had found better options he moved on.

The real win in my eyes is the 6th round pick.

Edited by Crabcakes

2 hours ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

Benning sucked so bad that Rutherford decided to move forward with Benning's core... who are currently lighting up the league.  Ohh so bad eh. Lol

Benning’s core? We got Boeser and Demko because of Bracket. Petey was because of Hammarstrom. Hronek was Allvin. Benning got us Hughes and Miller and a decade of misery. Worst GM in our team’s history. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Wut?  Cicek is $835 and Studs is $762 and their both buried in the minors.  Cicek is 23 and Studs is 24. Cicek isn't likely to make the NHL (16 games only).  He's a long shot.  But Studnika has a chance to be a regular on a poor team.  He has 90 games to his credit at this point.  Allvin brought him in in Oct 2022 for DiPietro and Myrenberg as a little depth.  He played 52 games in Van and since it was clear that Allvin had found better options he moved on.

The real win in my eyes is the 6th round pick.

Studs is on a one way. The new guy is a two way. 700 k dif in their AHL pay. 

• Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, Provost said:

im not sure if it was @HKSR or maybe @Ghostsof1915 possibly some of the other arm chair GMs... but they like to guess the trades that are possibly being discussed, even if they are not necessarily be advocating for them...

someone almost predicted the LE OEL trade piece for piece only missing Garland and one of the draft picks... at that time I suggested that OEL shouldnt be traded unless we got them for 5.3 million AAV... Jim obviously did not study what stevie Y was doing in Tampa... it was terrible risk with low payoff aquiring a offensive dman trying to turn them into a shutdown defenceman... why would we want a 7.3 million dollar shutdown dman?

looking back at how terrible my offseason suggestions of signing hakanpaa for 2.5X2 million alex wennberg of 3.5millionx4 Luke glendenning 2x1M and cedric Paquette 1x1M amd keeping Schmidt even that was way better than what that team did... even my earlier suggestion of going full in and signing hamilton after the schmidt trade would have been miles better...

trading away beagle LE and Lapierre only to aquire dickinson and pay them 2.5 million for his 9 goals is ridiculous. wingers need to score goals and only your 4th line can support players scoring less than 10...

worst off season in franchise history

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

im not sure if it was @HKSR or maybe @Ghostsof1915 possibly some of the other arm chair GMs... but they like to guess the trades that are possibly being discussed, even if they are not necessarily be advocating for them...

someone almost predicted the LE OEL trade piece for piece only missing Garland and one of the draft picks... at that time I suggested that OEL shouldnt be traded unless we got them for 5.3 million AAV... Jim obviously did not study what stevie Y was doing in Tampa... it was terrible risk with low payoff aquiring a offensive dman trying to turn them into a shutdown defenceman... why would we want a 7.3 million dollar shutdown dman?

looking back at how terrible my offseason suggestions of signing hakanpaa for 2.5X2 million alex wennberg of 3.5millionx4 Luke glendenning 2x1M and cedric Paquette 1x1M amd keeping Schmidt even that was way better than what that team did... even my earlier suggestion of going full in and signing hamilton after the schmidt trade would have been miles better...

trading away beagle LE and Lapierre only to aquire dickinson and pay them 2.5 million for his 9 goals is ridiculous. wingers need to score goals and only your 4th line can support players scoring less than 10...

Me? An armchair GM?

I haven't made a proposal on this site, and probably haven't for like two years on CDC.

Have I commented on proposals yes.

I'm probably one of the least armchair GM's on this site.

I know for sure I'm probably worse than Jim Benning as a pro scout.

I just wouldn't spent the money he did. But basically he was struggling to patch up holes, while new holes kept forming.

I'm much happier with JR/PA and the managers of the Canucks right now. Our Pro Scouts seem to be way better than the Benning era that's for sure.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Me? An armchair GM?

I haven't made a proposal on this site, and probably haven't for like two years on CDC.

Have I commented on proposals yes.

I'm probably one of the least armchair GM's on this site.

I know for sure I'm probably worse than Jim Benning as a pro scout.

I just wouldn't spent the money he did. But basically he was struggling to patch up holes, while new holes kept forming.

I'm much happier with JR/PA and the managers of the Canucks right now. Our Pro Scouts seem to be way better than the Benning era that's for sure.

well i am talking about two years ago, but clearly my memory is pretty bad... perhaps if you ever made a proposal i took it more serious, you should take it as a compliment...

there is more to the story for Sure... FA does have his fingers in this mess... am i better no... but that season in particular i likely couldnt have done much worse... not very good foresight and way too much risk...

2 hours ago, MidKnight Ego said:

The undeniable truth is that jokers like us on the forum should not have better records of knowing how trades, drafts,  and signings will work out than an actual NHL GM.

We spent almost a decade where the professionals were just worse than random internet posters.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

Benning drafted 3 good players and made 1 good trade then spun the f out of the wheels of this franchise 

the rest of his drafting was junk and his pro scouting/ pro player value analysis was a disaster - Erickson, Gudbranson, vey, beartschi, Suter, beagle, OEL, lost TANEV and toffoli and markstrom for NOTHING - think about that for a minute - all in their prime - a top line F, a top 2 right D, a franchise goalie - all lost for nothing - I mean that had never happened all together in one offseason before 

Benning was incompetent 

• Upvote 1