★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Dec 16, 2023 • Too early edition

Jaimito

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It looks like a typical morning game after travelling east, playing when they are half asleep...

Just get a win and get out of town...

"They're not all gonna be Picassos"

- Deb's boyfriend

• Haha 4

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why has no one asked why isn’t Petey shooting to Tochett in terms of the media?

I think everyone see this, is thinking this, but doesn't want to ask it.

It's irritating to see a player with such a great shot continually refusing to use it....or is he still injured???

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

What are they going to tell us? Petey has a wrist injury and he is trying to protect it? He'll get slashed constantly if they say anything like that... 

We all know something is off, but obviously not bad enough to sit him, so they just have to let him work through it...

Ok but he isn’t playing to his standards and does playing him risk further injuring it? I don’t know how smart it is to keep playing him if he is injured.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am concerned this is an issue that will require surgery once the season is over. He never has chosen to not shoot in the past. This has been two months now.

Ya it’s weird, he has an absolute rocket of a shot when he gets it off. Been lucky to see it 3 times live (the slapper from the hash marks)

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok but he isn’t playing to his standards and does playing him risk further injuring it? I don’t know how smart it is to keep playing him if he is injured.

Exactly. You don’t know. Our team doctors, coaches and the player themselves do. That’s why he’s playing. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

I would sit Petie tomorrow 

Let him rest his wrist or whatever 

Ice it

I'm sure as soon as we have a bit open space in league placing, he'll get a rest... But if it requires surgery, I don't think it'll happen until off season, or when he can't old his stick anymore... They are going for it and if Petey isn't able, there isn't much point...

Lets just hope its minor...

• Cheers 1

I think Petey is ultra competitive, and perhaps even a perfectionist, maybe looking for the primo opportunity, and highlight reel goal, and he's beating himself mentally with too much thinking, and not enough doing what comes naturally.

Take BB6 for instance, any sign of hesitance on his part previously is gone, he shoots from everywhere again, and at most opportunities, he looks carefree and hungry to score....less worrying, and more gutting it out, and it's fun to watch.

• Like 2

Just now, snowman955 said:

13 Games today . We are the only early start. 5 Games tomorrow again the only early start Thanks Bett you prick!

Just be thankful the Canucks weren't scheduled to play 11AM today in Minnie and then 7PM tonight in Chicago ... despite what I am sure was Bettman's best efforts on trying to make happen.

• Sad 1