★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Dec 16, 2023 • Too early edition

Jaimito

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... people aren't going to do the whole Canucks suck thing are they? 

I don't think they suck but they were sure sucking wind today. These are professional athletes. A flight and a morning game shouldn't just wreck em. So much coasting and reaching for pucks today. Frustrating to watch.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I honestly was happy I had one recently....when I clocked myself with the cowbell (that's metal and has been dropped on the floor at the rink, etc.).

At least you didn't bash your toe against the bedstand and break the skin like I did. Cowbell injuries are an occupational hazard.

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I don't think they suck but they were sure sucking wind today. These are professional athletes. A flight and a morning game shouldn't just wreck em. So much coasting and reaching for pucks today. Frustrating to watch.

Frustrating but true ... can't win them all. We got the point. That matters when our back up is playing. Will make a difference doen the line to playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... people aren't going to do the whole Canucks suck thing are they? 

Besides today, the team has been playing better of late. Not gonna worry over one game played at a ridiculously early time. It’s more about the process than the result for me. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Oh well, shitty game from us but still got a point, every good team Is going to have a off game getting a point out of your shit games is really good for the team

You'd think we lost 4/0 with whinges like this 

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Besides today, the team has been playing better of late. Not gonna worry over one game played at a ridiculously early time. It’s more about the process than the result for me. 

Yeah, same here ... we got the point with DeSmith. That's a good thing despite how we played.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

You sir can giphy.gif

We are #2 in the league right now 1/3 of the way through this season ... woohoo 

But wished for a bit more effort for sure ... to quote the esteemed philosopher Todd Bertuzzi, "it is what it is"

I love when they hit and run like that.

Cowardly. 

• Upvote 1

The team played some fantastic hockey this past week. There was noticeably less jam on the forecheck and less give a shit-ness in general. 

I don’t think this game is a concern at all. It’s an early start in Minnesota with our backup in net and we got a point. Onto the next

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Pp sucked. That was the let down. Pretty even game overall.

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I love when they hit and run like that.

Cowardly. 

I didn't run anywhere, Deb. I put my time in today. More than I can say for Petterson and Hughes. I think Miller is still making his way along on that shootout. Hope he doesn't miss the plane to Chicago. 😛

1 hour ago, Joshua.Guy said:

"Just wreck them" would've been a 3-0 loss.

They got an OT point on the road in an early game playing an opponent that was only in their 2nd (home) game in 6 nights.

Happens. As someone earlier said "it is what it is".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 420Fish said:

I didn't run anywhere, Deb. I put my time in today. More than I can say for Petterson and Hughes. I think Miller is still making his way along on that shootout. Hope he doesn't miss the plane to Chicago. 😛

Well you can jump off the bandwagon any time....door's over there >>>>>

They were a bit off (see above for at least a partial "reason"/aka excuse). It's much easier from home in our jammies.

• Cheers 1