★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Dec 16, 2023 • Too early edition

Jaimito

I’m not going to knock the Canucks but rather give some props to the wild for hangin with the nux.   it was an even game in their barn   The wild held their ground. Without much advantage other than home ice ….. last change.  It was decided with the bogus skill competition.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Well you can jump off the bandwagon any time....door's over there >>>>>

They were a bit off (see above for at least a partial "reason"/aka excuse). It's much easier in our jammies from the couch as Mom serves us hot tea.

You are way off on whoever you think I am. Is this your thing now?

23 minutes ago, Dom said:

Not really. We got a point, it could be worse. 

Not from a performance standpoint. Just from an enjoyment standpoint. This game kinda stunk. As all Minnesota games tend to be. Another noon start tomorrow. Meh. I am not an early in the day kind of person. I work 3-11, so I am barely waking up at noon. Lol.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"Just wreck them" would've been a 3-0 loss.

They got an OT point on the road in an early game playing an opponent that was in their 2 (home) game in 6 nights.

Happens. As someone earlier said "it is what it is".

Not saying the wild wrecked em but they looked absolutely gassed. Just hope Tampa didn't infect em with whatever they had 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Another noon start tomorrow. Meh. I am not an early in the day kind of person. I work 3-11, so I am barely waking up at noon. Lol.

The  reason for the early start against the Wild is that the Blackhawks wanted Sunday's game to be a matinee.

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Didn’t miss much man… game kinda sucked unfortunately- a typical Minnesota game 

I have Filip Gustavsson in one of my fantasy leagues here in the Fantasy Hockey section, so I got something out of the loss at least, but I would rather the Canucks keep rolling than me win points from a Vancouver loss. 

FYI: there are a few open teams in a couple fantasy keeper hockey leagues: think you have what it takes to GM a club over several years and guide it to the CUP????? ask me how to get involved!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I have Filip Gustavsson in one of my fantasy leagues here in the Fantasy Hockey section, so I got something out of the loss at least, but I would rather the Canucks keep rolling than me win points from a Vancouver loss. 

FYI: there are a few open teams in a couple fantasy keeper hockey leagues: think you have what it takes to GM a club over several years and guide it to the CUP????? ask me how to get involved!

Thanks for the invite - my good man… but I’m gonna kindly decline… appreciate it tho… 

peace…

15 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I'll think about it. How does it work if you join mid season ? Are the teams being managed now ?