[Rumour/Speculation) Tanev extension price in CGY

RWJC

4 hours ago, Coryberg said:

I would give tanev a 2 year million per year deal that is heavy with bonuses. If he plays 40 games he gets an extra mil. If he plays 60 games he gets another mil. If he plays 70 he gets an extra 500k. 

So he can make 4.5 mil but only if he is playing.

Could only be a 1 year contract and he isn't old enough anyway

https://www.capfriendly.com/faq#performance_bonus

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

If I’m Calgary, I maybe ask his price only for circling back in the summer and trying to sign him back then. But there is no way I would sign him now, and miss out on the futures for renting him out.

Perhaps the question to ask is whether Chris Tanev is a 2RD on a CUP contending team? I just don't see a place for him anymore, especially because of the injury history. I still think there is a concern at 2RD but PA has some time. Can Meyers evolve under RT to play effective 2RD? Jan/Feb should tell the tale. I am more convince each game that Juulson can hold down a 3RD roll. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Perhaps the question to ask is whether Chris Tanev is a 2RD on a CUP contending team? I just don't see a place for him anymore, especially because of the injury history. I still think there is a concern at 2RD but PA has some time. Can Meyers evolve under RT to play effective 2RD? Jan/Feb should tell the tale. I am more convince each game that Juulson can hold down a 3RD roll. 

We already stole the Flames’ best D. Much like we stole Detroit’s best D. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Seems so many here cling on to layers they like.Tanev is old regime,this team is going a new way with new players.

Tanev unless dirt cheap 2 year max will not be back.

Ya. Love the Tanman, but I hope we can do better, or at least par but younger. 

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'd rather re sign Zadorov and keep Myers and keep together the twin towers shut down pairing. 

Myers would have to come a lot cheaper than he is now ofcourse. Somewhere around $2 to $2.5 mill per year on a 2 year deal. 

Not sure how likely that is... next year's free agent class is really thin. But maybe it's possible. If it stays under 2.5 I can handle it.

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'd rather re sign Zadorov and keep Myers and keep together the twin towers shut down pairing. 

Myers would have to come a lot cheaper than he is now ofcourse. Somewhere around $2 to $2.5 mill per year on a 2 year deal. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not sure how likely that is... next year's free agent class is really thin. But maybe it's possible. If it stays under 2.5 I can handle it.

I doubt Myers gets less than $3.5m. He's not the D type we need, and we need that money elsewhere.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I doubt Myers gets less than $3.5m. He's not the D type we need, and we need that money elsewhere.

The thing about Myers is he lives close by. He’s made a lot of money in his career so he just might rather stay here for 2 x 2 than go far away from home for and extra couple mil. Not too sure we will try to re-sign him, but IMHAO he would take a lot less to stay here. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Agreed, just wouldn't lose my shizz if he ended up here at that price given overpaying for some of the other bad options in free agency. 

Imo Juulson can likely fill in admirably and we have him signed already.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The thing about Myers is he lives close by. He’s made a lot of money in his career so he just might rather stay here for 2 x 2 than go far away from home for and extra couple mil. Not too sure we will try to re-sign him, but IMHAO he would take a lot less to stay here. 

Ideally we trade him for a 2nd and he can decide in the offseason.

I'd rather have Cole then Tanev next year. 

Edit: ...and I say that because I really do see it as one or the other. Don't think we can have both. 

I don't think people realize how slow Tanev has gotten over the last two years. 

Edited by AatuD2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Agreed, just wouldn't lose my shizz if he ended up here at that price given overpaying for some of the other bad options in free agency. 

Imo Juulson can likely fill in admirably and we have him signed already.

IMO we need that cap for a legit top 4 RHD with something like a Tanev/Pesce/Larsson/Jensen/Zub skill set. Our bottom pair guy is going to probably be under $1.5... That's unlikely to be Myers.

53 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Luke Schenn got $2.75 million for 3 years.  I doubt Myers would get any less than that on the open market.  He's a large RHD.  Teams will be attracted to him.  Heck, Gudbranson got $4 million for 4 years...

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

IMO we need that cap for a legit top 4 RHD with something like a Tanev/Pesce/Larsson/Jensen/Zub skill set. Our bottom pair guy is going to probably be under $1.5... That's unlikely to be Myers.

Yes but need and reality of the market are often disconnected. I agree with you on the need.

Tanev won't be back. Nux cannot afford 4M.

We can sign either Cole or Myers for 3 or less but not both.

If Tanev wants 4 we would lose Cole and Myers and another player in order to afford it.

Petey raise, Hronek raise, OEL penalty increase, Joshua raise and resigning others eats up all the cap room.

No chance Tanev is back without a big loss elsewhere and he is just not worth that.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Even if he took less (he won't), he's not really the D type we need.

Aside from current salary, because each will need a new contract after this season anyway.

Who is actually the better Dman?

Myers or Tanev. Both are 33 and RD.

Myers

Bigger (by 6 inches and 36 lbs) and has played the last 4+ seasons in VAN (accustomed)

Has played a few full seasons (not injured often)

Best Canuck year - This season (15 pts in 32 games +13)

Tanev

Hasn't played in VAN in 4 years

Only 1 full NHL season. He hasn't come close to that in the other seasons. (injured often)

Best Canuck year - (2019/20) 20 points in 69 games

Big pass on Tanev

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Aside from current salary, because each will need a new contract after this season anyway.

Who is actually the better Dman?

Myers or Tanev. Both are 33 and RD.

Myers

Bigger (by 6 inches and 36 lbs) and has played the last 4+ seasons in VAN (accustomed)

Has played a few full seasons (not injured often)

Best Canuck year - This season (15 pts in 32 games +13)

Tanev

Hasn't played in VAN in 4 years

Only 1 full NHL season. He hasn't come close to that in the other seasons. (injured often)

Best Canuck year - (2019/20) 20 points in 69 games

Big pass on Tanev

Might want to look at their analytics and not just who puts up more points (Tanev has never been a point producer), as well as what the team actually needs (solid defensive RHD who can help move the puck, PK etc). We already have Hughes and Hronek to put up points from the back end (with McWard, Willander and Brzustewicz on the way as well). An expensive, 2nd/3rd pair, offensive RHD isn't really a roster need.