[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild // December 16, 2023

Rubik

Great that Quinn wants to shoot more on the PP, but how much is too much? Seems to be at the expense of other more pure scorers like Kuz, Petey, and Miller. Its like Hughes is more looking for a lane for himself now more than pass to one of those others for a shot.  Which from so far out, is a much less percentage chance shot, looking for a rebound or tip I guess, but damn I miss those one timer shots from either side by Millsy or Petey.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Great that Quinn wants to shoot more on the PP, but how much is too much? Seems to be at the expense of other more pure scorers like Kuz, Petey, and Miller. Its like Hughes is more looking for a lane for himself now more than pass to one of those others for a shot.  Which from so far out, is a much less percentage chance shot, looking for a rebound or tip I guess, but damn I miss those one timer shots from either side by Millsy or Petey.

I think he shoots more hoping for a tip in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

S/O a pretty good summery of this game...

at least they got 1 point, which is as much as they deserved... definitely a step behind most of the game.

DeSmith and the D core fine... 

3rd line decent too...  

Top 2 lines pretty much a dogs breakfast and Kuz was lazy 

Hopefully a good sleep and then ready for tomorrows game in Chicago... get a win there and its already a successful road trip.

Onwards and upwards.

Yup, pretty much exactly how I feel too. 

Also the power play needs to get back in gear. 

I actually don't care at all who wins or loses in the shootout. Can't wait until they get rid of it. Bring back the ties. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Thought Pettersson had a really strong game. Obviously everyone is waiting for dynamic offensive play but he saved a goal, caused a Kaprizov turnover in OT, drew a penalty with hard work. PP wasn't good but that's on the whole group. 

bingo. Any luck whatsoever in the PP and this is 2 pts. 

Can still manage 3/4 points in a back to back situation tomorrow. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thought Pettersson had a really strong game. Obviously everyone is waiting for dynamic offensive play but he saved a goal, caused a Kaprizov turnover in OT, drew a penalty with hard work. PP wasn't good but that's on the whole group. 

Good points. Those were strong aspects of his game.

• Cheers 1

Typical Minnesota shit game… This team needs to learn how to dictate play against teams like Minnesota…

That would be ideal… But I imagine it would be very difficult to do that against very tight checking defensive team

And I guess the bottom line is our power-play let us down

23 minutes ago, Rubik said:

I hope the league introduces a half-court violation OT rule asap. That endless regrouping is unbearable.

I think it’s okay but a compromise would be maybe they can’t do that after 2 minutes of OT. So last 3 minutes they can’t go back to regroup once they’re in offensive zone 

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/event/vancouver-canucks-minnesota-wild-20231216/220160

This is an interesting summary, shows quite a bit of info in a nice snapshot. Pic below is shot distribution for the Canucks. Seems like Minnie had a bit more shots from in closer to the goal than the Canucks did. Be great is this was overlaid on a heat map by someone a bit more skilled than I am with Photoshop. Hover over the dots to get info on who the player was and when shot was taken. 

image.png.cabcbbd9f73fa802a70884bf9264e805.png

Edited by Rocket-68