[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild // December 16, 2023

Rubik

51 minutes ago, Qwags said:

PP cost us the game. Needs to be addressed.

On the PP They continue to go with a left shot Dman on the left side ?  With the amount of right shot defencemen on the roster. I can’t see why hronk isn’t played on the left side on the PP. with his shot.  

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Falcons said:

Drunk J walking for sure tonight ! 😂

Haha. I looked at purchasing Dakotas few years ago. Place was too dated and didn’t love the lease. Also woulda been a crappy spot for cold beer store too; terrible parking and street exposure.

Edited by BC_Hawk

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They went 0 - 5 on the PP

That's the major reason for this loss. 

Like you said why not try something different when your plan A isn't working.  They mixed up he lines moving around Hogz Suter DGP et all...

Why not try Hronek on PP when things aren't going well..

Refs gave is chance to win but we couldn't take advantage. 

Foote and gonchar are totally dialing in on the defensive side. I beleave the PP is on tochett. I mean even if they played their proper position and swap positions on the fly when the play moves into the Ozone but nope . Their stubbornly going with what isn’t working

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

bingo. Any luck whatsoever in the PP and this is 2 pts. 

Can still manage 3/4 points in a back to back situation tomorrow. 

Petey's only chance to score is the wrap-around, he has scored 2 real goals plus the Zadorov empty net gift in the last 14 games, both wrap-around, he fears to shoot the puck coz his limp wristed, so good luck for that

1 minute ago, Singing Chef said:

Surprised Boeser wasn't selected for the shootout, playing in his home state in front of family and friends.  His "shoot first" mentality may have yielded a better result than the feeble deke attempts from Kuzmenko, Miller and Pettersson.. 

Yes. He would have made for a good opening shooter.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Singing Chef said:

Surprised Boeser wasn't selected for the shootout, playing in his home state in front of family and friends.  His "shoot first" mentality may have yielded a better result than the feeble deke attempts from Kuzmenko, Miller and Pettersson.. 

did you see the shot of him sleeping on the bench….thats probably why

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm worried about Petey. He looked just like no energy, or speed, but his defence was unreal. But I'm concerned about him.

Lack of energy, and lack of speed are "head" things, unless the latter has to do with a nagging lower body injury, but there is no history of that, nor has anything been reported.

I just don't understand Petey, at times he is a world beater, while at others he seems like a tortured soul out there.

Maybe there's behind the scenes things about negotiations that are weighing him down and are on his mind? 

Yes, it's just spitballing and speculation, but something must be going on? 

• Like 1