[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks, Dec 17 at 12PM PST (3PM EST), United Center, the Let's Get the Winning Ways Back on Track Game

Rocket-68

Canucks have 8 UFAs and 2 RFA's (notable) and Which Team is Better  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who won't be with the Canucks next year even if they win the Stanley Cup this year (multiple selections allowed). Comments are just my thoughts, pick player and add your own in comments below.

• Sam Lafferty - yes great add, but that is the rub, will cost too much to resign plus Podz could fill his role and earn a nice contract the following year
    • Ian Cole - solid pickup, but too old now which is why was signed for only 1 year, that and McWard or Pettersson could possbily step up.
    • Mark Friedman - another solid pickup but young-uns in Abby can fill his spot
    • Tylers Myers - unless he signs for $1.5M or less. Myer's cap hit will be used to give Big Zeke, Honker and perhaps Petey raises
    • Elias Pettersson - he will want north of $11M per year and Canucks will get a bushel full of picks / prospects / players for him instead as that is too rich for Canucks now
    • ... stop it with the Smoked Whiskey dear author, Petey stays ... see my comments below for my thoughts.
  2. 2. Is This Year's Team Better than the 2011 Team that went to the SCF BABY!!

• Fuck Ya and suck it CanuckFanF ... ahh, ahem
    • No, the 2011 team was deeper, faster and gosh darn it, everyone loved that team - even the TO Fans
    • Ask me at the 60 game mark, if team maintains this torrid pace then yes
    • No, we are a Kesler and a Bieksa away from truly entering into that level of stratosphere
    • Yes, but only if we jettison Myers, use the cap space to get a Selke caliber forward and one of the young guns in Abby steps up as the next Bobby (well better than Myers at least)
    • ... come on, are you serious ... see my comment below

i know its a back to back but still......chicago is such a bad team and they are all leaning towards Bedard. sure he IS a franchise player they can build their team around, but considerin the 2 goog players they had are injured and gone and seth jones on IR this game should by all means be an easy win. lets pad the stats and win with a good margin....

nucks win 5-1 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Are you serious?  I’m one of the top trolls here (old forum) even I wouldn’t ever say that!!!  wtf is wrong with you?

The entire coaching staff is going an incredible job!!

They are doing very good

BUT

There does seem, SEEM, to be some favoritism happening. Which I don't like so much.

I understand Tocchet has some hard lines of what he wants for each line but he isn't changing and is fixating on one or two players.

Miller got sat, okay, didn't think he would do that but good on him.

BUT Boeser and Hughes are making grievous mistakes or lacking effort without any attention. Indeed any errors are deflected to why one of his other favourites, the one's he throws under the bus take center stage.

There is way too much empathy by the media for how young or life's trials that they just get excused the same scrutiny

Sorry this is a game day thread not a soap box.

Kuzmenko scores a hatty!!!!

At some point, other teams are going to bury the Canucks in the first 10 minutes of a game, if they continue to start so poorly.

This not just a 'morning' game problem.

Strange, it used to be Willie's and Bruce's job to have the team ready, but somehow it isn't Rick's job to do the same thing?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Speaking of petty arguments. I had a guy on Youtube bitch at me for saying that XM Radio is a North American thing. He goes off it's an American thing. He then admits XM broadcasts to both Canada and the US. I asked him what continent that Canada and US reside in?

Make America Great Again?

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

At some point, other teams are going to bury the Canucks in the first 10 minutes of a game, if they continue to start so poorly.

This not just a 'morning' game problem.

Strange, it used to be Willie's and Bruce's job to have the team ready, but somehow it isn't Rick's job to do the same thing?

I think this has only been a recent issue. We started off the season coming out hard and putting in the first goal. 

Like how many gamea did we score the first goal? I feel like a lot more this year than other years? 

1 minute ago, TheGuardian said:

They are doing very good

BUT

There does seem, SEEM, to be some favoritism happening. Which I don't like so much.

I understand Tocchet has some hard lines of what he wants for each line but he isn't changing and is fixating on one or two players.

Miller got sat, okay, didn't think he would do that but good on him.

BUT Boeser and Hughes are making grievous mistakes or lacking effort without any attention. Indeed any errors are deflected to why one of his other favourites, the one's he throws under the bus take center stage.

There is way too much empathy by the media for how young or life's trials that they just get excused the same scrutiny

Sorry this is a game day thread not a soap box.

Kuzmenko scores a hatty!!!!

Yeah, Tocc does have his favourites, every coach does. I'm not a fan of the PDG love that Tocc seems to have, he should not be on our 2nd line. He's really a 4th liner/press box guy.

I didn't see Hogs do anything last game to warrant a demotion and a PDG promotion, but it happened pretty quickly into the game.

I'd like to see lines of Hogs-Petey-Kuz and Mik-Miller-Boes. I don't think Mik-Petey-Kuz works, and I'm not sure if Petey and Mik should be the "pairing", hasn't really screamed successful to me.

Hogs-Petey-Kuz has speed, one of our best forecheckers who is great down low and talented enough to play off Petey and Kuz, great playmakers and all 3 of them can finish.

Mik-Miller-Boes is the same, but more of a heavier line and Miks speed could be a nice addition to Millsy and Boes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I think this has only been a recent issue. We started off the season coming out hard and putting in the first goal. 

Like how many gamea did we score the first goal? I feel like a lot more this year than other years? 

Scoring first, but being out shot 10-4 is not a good start, it is a goalie winning a game; or at least keeping the team in the game.

Way too much of this going on. It will start to hurt, especially against the better teams-that would be the play off opponents.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Yeah, Tocc does have his favourites, every coach does. I'm not a fan of the PDG love that Tocc seems to have, he should not be on our 2nd line. He's really a 4th liner/press box guy.

I didn't see Hogs do anything last game to warrant a demotion and a PDG promotion, but it happened pretty quickly into the game.

I'd like to see lines of Hogs-Petey-Kuz and Mik-Miller-Boes. I don't think Mik-Petey-Kuz works, and I'm not sure if Petey and Mik should be the "pairing", hasn't really screamed successful to me.

Hogs-Petey-Kuz has speed, one of our best forecheckers who is great down low and talented enough to play off Petey and Kuz, great playmakers and all 3 of them can finish.

Mik-Miller-Boes is the same, but more of a heavier line and Miks speed could be a nice addition to Millsy and Boes.

I don't think it was because Hogs was playing poorly (no more than anyone else).  Tocc was just switching

the line up a bit in an attempt to shift the dynamics of the game. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Scoring first, but being out shot 10-4 is not a good start, it is a goalie winning a game; or at least keeping the team in the game.

Way too much of this going on. It will start to hurt, especially against the better teams-that would be the play off opponents.

47885A91-E58C-4D11-B77A-A2A6AE3ADBF8.gif.38047f9c905217672c4c37dc9ab63020.gif

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Bob said that Stains, I mean stawns said, "It's moderately humourous watching them loose their shit on people with different opinions."

What crap!  That's my opinion. And apparently the majority of the board's opinion too; its just worthless drivel.

"Moderately humourous" to trolls only.  Take your greasy 'suck-cess' and FO.

We don't 'loose' our shit, we just try and Ignore your rotten waste of time.

People find your ridiculous comments so stupid that they quote you and Feed The Troll.

"People with different opinions" is actually troll trying out different bait.

Church of Canuck faithful are praying for Thor to lay down the..  BAN HAMMER!!

b76dd622eed1caf97855d378acb43548.gif

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Should be a pretty easy win. It's Chicago and they suck. One player doesn't make a team. Ask Edmonton. 

Not everyone has to love Tocchet, but if someone is demanding his firing, at least come up with a better coach to replace him with. Otherwise it's just a tantrum and whining.  Just stop, you're wrong. 

No game is an easy win. Look at the San Jose game

• ThereItIs 1

15 hours ago, Pears said:

What's really getting annoying is you clamoring for them to fire Tocchet after every loss and running away with your tail tucked between your legs after each win. But yeah sure you aren't doing anything wrong🤦‍♂️ 

I know it’s hard to do but if everyone stops replying to CanucksFanForever, this problem basically goes away. I’ve put him on my ignore list since his posts are pure trolling (whether he realizes it or not) because it’s the same comments endlessly repeated like a toddler having a tantrum. He’s probably getting a kick out of riling people up, and it really takes away from the good discussion that everyone else is contributing to. 

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win this game. Back to back funky start times on the road? Historically a recipe for a loss, but this team’s mythical structure might just get them the W!

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I know it’s hard to do but if everyone stops replying to CanucksFanForever, this problem basically goes away. I’ve put him on my ignore list since his posts are pure trolling (whether he realizes it or not) because it’s the same comments endlessly repeated like a toddler having a tantrum. He’s probably getting a kick out of riling people up, and it really takes away from the good discussion that everyone else is contributing to. 

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win this game. Back to back funky start times on the road? Historically a recipe for a loss, but this team’s mythical structure might just get them the W!

That's one way to approach it, for sure.  I don't agree with everything he posts, but he makes some decent points as well.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's one way to approach it, for sure.  I don't agree with everything he posts, but he makes some decent points as well.  

Agreed, there’s some decent points made as well but they get lost in the noise of the repetitive trolling and then replies to people commenting on the trolling. Kinda like I’m doing now, so that’s the last I’ll talk about this. 

Go Canucks! I’m predicting big games from Hughes and Pettersson. Our superstars won’t want to get overshadowed by that punk kid Bedard!

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I don't think so, he's been pretty consistent with his messages, you just don't like them.  Not everyone who disagrees with you is trolling

There’s a difference between disagreeing and being down right negative in a attention seeking way.

I will give him this. He’s been more even handed lately and that’s all I ask is to be fair and objective. If you got a problem, post it by all means. But you kinda gotta expect a bit of “why do you think that?” In response. And if your response is “because I know better than all of you and I used to play hockey” it’s not that great of a defence to what you are saying and it comes off as pompous, annoying, and sounding like you’re only here to rattle cages.

You are a good example of having an alternative view to most on here and you are decent in your responses back and aren’t looking for a fight. Even when some people unfairly get nasty with you. I applaud and respect your opinions Stawns and you’ve earned that respect because you aren’t here to push at people and we all know that.

There is a difference.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

How do you know it's a "he"?

Also...someone who posts "FIRE TOCCHET" in several posts, bolded/top and bottom then says "I don't really mean it" is a little suspect. Why?

• Upvote 1