[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks, Dec 17 at 12PM PST (3PM EST), United Center, the Let's Get the Winning Ways Back on Track Game

Rocket-68

Canucks have 8 UFAs and 2 RFA's (notable) and Which Team is Better  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who won't be with the Canucks next year even if they win the Stanley Cup this year (multiple selections allowed). Comments are just my thoughts, pick player and add your own in comments below.

• Sam Lafferty - yes great add, but that is the rub, will cost too much to resign plus Podz could fill his role and earn a nice contract the following year
    • Ian Cole - solid pickup, but too old now which is why was signed for only 1 year, that and McWard or Pettersson could possbily step up.
    • Mark Friedman - another solid pickup but young-uns in Abby can fill his spot
    • Tylers Myers - unless he signs for $1.5M or less. Myer's cap hit will be used to give Big Zeke, Honker and perhaps Petey raises
    • Elias Pettersson - he will want north of $11M per year and Canucks will get a bushel full of picks / prospects / players for him instead as that is too rich for Canucks now
    • ... stop it with the Smoked Whiskey dear author, Petey stays ... see my comments below for my thoughts.
  2. 2. Is This Year's Team Better than the 2011 Team that went to the SCF BABY!!

• Fuck Ya and suck it CanuckFanF ... ahh, ahem
    • No, the 2011 team was deeper, faster and gosh darn it, everyone loved that team - even the TO Fans
    • Ask me at the 60 game mark, if team maintains this torrid pace then yes
    • No, we are a Kesler and a Bieksa away from truly entering into that level of stratosphere
    • Yes, but only if we jettison Myers, use the cap space to get a Selke caliber forward and one of the young guns in Abby steps up as the next Bobby (well better than Myers at least)
    • ... come on, are you serious ... see my comment below

13 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Agreed, there’s some decent points made as well but they get lost in the noise of the repetitive trolling and then replies to people commenting on the trolling. Kinda like I’m doing now, so that’s the last I’ll talk about this. 

Go Canucks! I’m predicting big games from Hughes and Pettersson. Our superstars won’t want to get overshadowed by that punk kid Bedard!

Me too....let's not be distracted by game playing.

I hate b2b's for the team but for us, awesome! Weekend is perfect when there's a game on Saturday and then again Sunday. We'll see if the outcome supports that. I was happy with a point, even if the team looked gassed.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

57 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

i know its a back to back but still......chicago is such a bad team and they are all leaning towards Bedard. sure he IS a franchise player they can build their team around, but considerin the 2 goog players they had are injured and gone and seth jones on IR this game should by all means be an easy win. lets pad the stats and win with a good margin....

nucks win 5-1 

I just hope that this “easy win” mantra does not go into players heads.

• ThereItIs 2

44 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Scoring first, but being out shot 10-4 is not a good start, it is a goalie winning a game; or at least keeping the team in the game.

Way too much of this going on. It will start to hurt, especially against the better teams-that would be the play off opponents.

While I agree Gurn, 

Are we to blame every other coach responsible for us being 0-69 in eastern morning games…or is there more at play here than we think? This problem spans years, not just Tocs tenure.

There is always the human element to factor into these games. Your body is an instrument and it gets tuned in certain ways. If your body is used to pushing itself to its maximum every other night around 7 pm then all the sudden switching gears and going full tilt 48 hrs after playing your last game at 7 pm and then playing at 11 am…shits gonna be off.

So what do you do. Survive the first bit, get your legs into it and keep the game close. And try to make a push once your legs come back…which they basically did. Got 1 point out of a shitty scheduled game. Not bad in my books 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, 420Fish said:

I'm pumped up about this game. Want to see that powerplay succeed. Miller should almost be done his shootout attempt and ready to go.

We should really have learned about honing in on Miller's mistakes to isolate them under a spotlight because he more than makes up for them in his overall contribution to the team. Last year was a good example of how people get caught up in a moment or two and really miss the big picture. He's just fine.

This game: I really love Bedard and what he's doing....just not today. Crush him (without injuring him).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Scoring first, but being out shot 10-4 is not a good start, it is a goalie winning a game; or at least keeping the team in the game.

Way too much of this going on. It will start to hurt, especially against the better teams-that would be the play off opponents.

11 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

While I agree Gurn, 

Are we to blame every other coach responsible for us being 0-69 in eastern morning games…or is there more at play here than we think? This problem spans years, not just Tocs tenure.

There is always the human element to factor into these games. Your body is an instrument and it gets tuned in certain ways. If your body is used to pushing itself to its maximum every other night around 7 pm then all the sudden switching gears and going full tilt 48 hrs after playing your last game at 7 pm and then playing at 11 am…shits gonna be off.

So what do you do. Survive the first bit, get your legs into it and keep the game close. And try to make a push once your legs come back…which they basically did. Got 1 point out of a shitty scheduled game. Not bad in my books 

You both make valid points, let's just hope they've adjusted their internal clocks enough, and are well rested so they can can grab 2 points from the Hawks today.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I know it’s hard to do but if everyone stops replying to CanucksFanForever, this problem basically goes away. I’ve put him on my ignore list since his posts are pure trolling (whether he realizes it or not) because it’s the same comments endlessly repeated like a toddler having a tantrum. He’s probably getting a kick out of riling people up, and it really takes away from the good discussion that everyone else is contributing to. 

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win this game. Back to back funky start times on the road? Historically a recipe for a loss, but this team’s mythical structure might just get them the W!

There’s no doubt he or she’s getting a kick out of it. Probably in their parents basement.  I’ve actually corrected him or her.  He or she has a habit of misspelling names. ;eg Allan vignealte (Alain).  kessel instead of Kessler.  It might be a case of we’re dealing with a 12 year old. It might explain the over the top statement about Kessler and Burroughs trying to crack the lineup during the 2011 finals and then trying to explain it away with how everybody else took it out of context?

Edited by Chon derry
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I'm guessing you didn't take even 10 seconds to think before you post. So let me help you with forming a thought...

You're proposing to fire a coach who has been in the position for only 2/3rds of a season...

You're proposing to fire a coach who has set a franchise record for most wins after 10 games, 20 games and 30 games ever.

You're proposing to fire a coach who currently has Petey, Miller, Boes, Hughes, hronek all on pace for career years

You're proposing to fire the coach who has his team in 3rd place in all of the NHL?

And all this because they only squeezed a pt against a defence first team, on a matinee game on the road?

You're right, this might just be your opinion, but it's a stupid opinion and you deserve to get flamed for it.

No one deserves to be have people violate the board rules to flame them for their opinion.  The team may be playing well, but Tocchet still has some serious character issues that too many are overlooking.  It's not unreasonable for people to want this dirtbag replaced with someone respectable.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I'm guessing you didn't take even 10 seconds to think before you post. So let me help you with forming a thought...

You're proposing to fire a coach who has been in the position for only 2/3rds of a season...

You're proposing to fire a coach who has set a franchise record for most wins after 10 games, 20 games and 30 games ever.

You're proposing to fire a coach who currently has Petey, Miller, Boes, Hughes, hronek all on pace for career years

You're proposing to fire the coach who has his team in 3rd place in all of the NHL?

And all this because they only squeezed a pt against a defence first team, on a matinee game on the road?

You're right, this might just be your opinion, but it's a stupid opinion and you deserve to get flamed for it.

Cmon, can we at least try to be decebt people on here?  

16 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No one deserves to be have people violate the board rules to flame them for their opinion.  The team may be playing well, but Tocchet still has some serious character issues that too many are overlooking.  It's not unreasonable for people to want this dirtbag replaced with someone respectable.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Cmon, can we at least try to be decebt people on here?  

Pretty sure that other guy is trolling

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, CurtFraser24 said:

Bedard first game against his favorite team.  Canucks should always save a seat on the bench for Bedard every time they play Chicago

Yeah, hey JR!  We need a Blow-Up Bedard for The Bench.

(Or, is that, 'Blow up Bedard For The Win!')

image.png.cc9f8e7d39d227accad628fcdb350878.png

No, no, not that doll, a Connor Bedard doll (this one's a Licker):

bedard.gif

Now that everyone's liquored up, Lets FN Go!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Petey to outscore CB.

NUX: 7

BLAH-COCKS: 1

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

We should really have learned about honing in on Miller's mistakes to isolate them under a spotlight because he more than makes up for them in his overall contribution to the team. Last year was a good example of how people get caught up in a moment or two and really miss the big picture. He's just fine.

This game: I really love Bedard and what he's doing....just not today. Crush him (without injuring him).

When Miller is on, he is fantastic. Virtually unstoppable out there. But when his game is off, Miller is so frustrating to watch. Reminds me of when Kesler would be called a helicopter. No wings. Yesterday was Miller forgetting he had team mates. Trust me, I prefer to be cheering for him.

And Deb, please stop confusing my bitching and moaning with trolling. Venting about poor play is for my benefit, not to attack you personally or get you upset. I'm usually upbeat, even after a loss. But for whatever reason, that Saturday's game really rubbed me the wrong way. And now I am pumped for today. Go Canucks!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 420Fish said:

When Miller is on, he is fantastic. Virtually unstoppable out there. But when his game is off, Miller is so frustrating to watch. Reminds me of when Kesler would be called a helicopter. No wings. Yesterday was Miller forgetting he had team mates. Trust me, I prefer to be cheering for him.

And Deb, please stop confusing my bitching and moaning with trolling. Venting about poor play is for my benefit, not to attack you personally or get you upset. I'm usually upbeat, even after a loss. But for whatever reason, that Saturday's game really rubbed me the wrong way. And now I am pumped for today. Go Canucks!

That's never going to happen, ever

• Haha 1

Just now, 420Fish said:

OK, deal.

As for Miller....thing is, SM went crazy over his glaring mistakes but also ignored what he was doing in a positive way last year. I hate to see it....watch both sides of his game. Your first part should really give him a bit of leeway when it comes to part ll. 

Everyone not named DeSmith was off yesterday so that's sort of my point. People zero in on Miller and WAIT for him to have an off game. There are others who likely should be in line before him. Rarely does Miller "forget he has teammates"...as a matter of fact, he sets up many of our goals.  

• Cheers 1