[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks, Dec 17 at 12PM PST (3PM EST), United Center, the Let's Get the Winning Ways Back on Track Game

Rocket-68

Canucks have 8 UFAs and 2 RFA's (notable) and Which Team is Better  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who won't be with the Canucks next year even if they win the Stanley Cup this year (multiple selections allowed). Comments are just my thoughts, pick player and add your own in comments below.

• Sam Lafferty - yes great add, but that is the rub, will cost too much to resign plus Podz could fill his role and earn a nice contract the following year
    • Ian Cole - solid pickup, but too old now which is why was signed for only 1 year, that and McWard or Pettersson could possbily step up.
    • Mark Friedman - another solid pickup but young-uns in Abby can fill his spot
    • Tylers Myers - unless he signs for $1.5M or less. Myer's cap hit will be used to give Big Zeke, Honker and perhaps Petey raises
    • Elias Pettersson - he will want north of $11M per year and Canucks will get a bushel full of picks / prospects / players for him instead as that is too rich for Canucks now
    • ... stop it with the Smoked Whiskey dear author, Petey stays ... see my comments below for my thoughts.
  2. 2. Is This Year's Team Better than the 2011 Team that went to the SCF BABY!!

• Fuck Ya and suck it CanuckFanF ... ahh, ahem
    • No, the 2011 team was deeper, faster and gosh darn it, everyone loved that team - even the TO Fans
    • Ask me at the 60 game mark, if team maintains this torrid pace then yes
    • No, we are a Kesler and a Bieksa away from truly entering into that level of stratosphere
    • Yes, but only if we jettison Myers, use the cap space to get a Selke caliber forward and one of the young guns in Abby steps up as the next Bobby (well better than Myers at least)
    • ... come on, are you serious ... see my comment below

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Don't want to see them go all defensive in the third, though I'm thinking that may be Rick's plan.

That's the best plan.

I'd love to see that.. 

It's perfect time to practice defensive shut down hockey against a young bottom feeder team u by 2 goals n a real game situation. 

When you get a chance to practice shut down hockey in a real game situation you take it..

Later on when we're up by 1 goal 10 mins to go in 3rd against a good team then we'll be thankfull for times like this when you get to practice and tweak your shut down/hold the lead defensive systems 

I know its pointless to dwell on it but jeez...can u imagine?  We beat the odds and pick Bedard.  We'd be an instant contender this season. And in future as well.  Could trade one of our better forwards, package up for another top 4 D.  What could have been

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, van_can_fan said:

The thing is they play loose even from behind, unlike most other/better teams.

They're used to losing right now so they'll probably just keep coming.

We can't let off the gas 

And Bedard is the real deal ... he can get them back in it. Need to stay focused.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, kilgore said:

I know its pointless to dwell on it but jeez...can u imagine?  We beat the odds and pick Bedard.  We'd be an instant contender this season. And in future as well.  Could trade one of our better forwards, package up for another top 4 D.  What could have been

As nice as it is to think about, there was just no way Chicago would've traded it for anything we could've given up without trading one of our core guys. 

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So now the true torture test. Not to eat the cookies until I take them to work.

Life is short, eat the cookies.

(Then make more...they look delicious)

Someone brought this to work....gave it to my boss, he said "get it away from me Deb" because he was eating it non stop. I tried it...then also had to pass it along. Crack. So easy to make too.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11376/saltine-toffee-cookies/

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Fire Tocchet 

Slow start in the 1st again. Against a bad team not ready play at the start of the game 

Just Terrible coaching

There he is.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I am genuinely curious what you think Tochet is doing wrong and who would they hire to replace him?

Slow starts 

Defensive mistakes and no accountability for those bad mistakes, I don't see Joshua, Blueger and Garland getting more time on the ice even though those guys are not making the mistakes and they show up every game at the start and are producing with minimal mins  

3 minutes ago, thesauce said:

As nice as it is to think about, there was just no way Chicago would've traded it for anything we could've given up without trading one of our core guys. 

I was talking actually winning the lottery.  What did we have, like 3%?