[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks, Dec 17 at 12PM PST (3PM EST), United Center, the Let's Get the Winning Ways Back on Track Game

Rocket-68

Canucks have 8 UFAs and 2 RFA's (notable) and Which Team is Better  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who won't be with the Canucks next year even if they win the Stanley Cup this year (multiple selections allowed). Comments are just my thoughts, pick player and add your own in comments below.

• Sam Lafferty - yes great add, but that is the rub, will cost too much to resign plus Podz could fill his role and earn a nice contract the following year
    • Ian Cole - solid pickup, but too old now which is why was signed for only 1 year, that and McWard or Pettersson could possbily step up.
    • Mark Friedman - another solid pickup but young-uns in Abby can fill his spot
    • Tylers Myers - unless he signs for $1.5M or less. Myer's cap hit will be used to give Big Zeke, Honker and perhaps Petey raises
    • Elias Pettersson - he will want north of $11M per year and Canucks will get a bushel full of picks / prospects / players for him instead as that is too rich for Canucks now
    • ... stop it with the Smoked Whiskey dear author, Petey stays ... see my comments below for my thoughts.
  2. 2. Is This Year's Team Better than the 2011 Team that went to the SCF BABY!!

• Fuck Ya and suck it CanuckFanF ... ahh, ahem
    • No, the 2011 team was deeper, faster and gosh darn it, everyone loved that team - even the TO Fans
    • Ask me at the 60 game mark, if team maintains this torrid pace then yes
    • No, we are a Kesler and a Bieksa away from truly entering into that level of stratosphere
    • Yes, but only if we jettison Myers, use the cap space to get a Selke caliber forward and one of the young guns in Abby steps up as the next Bobby (well better than Myers at least)
    • ... come on, are you serious ... see my comment below

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Oilers have won 7 in a row for a stretch yet still are 17 points behind us lol

Wow Kings look like they can win the conference. And with Rangers looking to take the East, imagine the wet dream Bettman is having right now 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Chi entitlement still exists

I'm sad to see Bedard already absorbing that....and whining at the ref for calls, etc. They're wrecking him already. Next he'll be beating up cab drivers for change.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

If this is a Tocchet coached team playing sub-expectation then we aren’t doing too bad. People can nitpick but it’s a rarity for a team to play a perfect game. So many things to factor in yet so easy for some to sit and critique a tv screen like they have any qualifications to do so at this level of sport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Big/emotional game at home then they hit the road for b2b early games. 

And the coach is doing just fine, thanks. Check the standings to see that all the whining in the world doesn't detract from the winning.

It's not perfect...by any means. But they're finding a way to win. 

But I'll forward an email to Rick if you promise to use grammarly.

I agree my grammar sucks when I'm just quickly responding, I am trying to respond to all those that quote me 

And at least you do admit it's not perfect. But perfect isn't what I'm looking for consistently not starting slow is

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

And you know that how? Your at practices? In the room? It's a process, I'm guessing coach is trying to address the issue. I heard Coach Tochett likes winning.

We don't see a response the player's ice time hasn't decreased 

Blueger Garland and Joshua are not getting increase time even though they show up every game. There is no on ice responds and words if there are any aren't working because it keeps happening

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Wow Kings look like they can win the conference. And with Rangers looking to take the East, imagine the wet dream Bettman is having right now 

That’s why I’m hoping for a Canucks/Leafs final: the ultimate Bettman sadgasm.

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

Blueger Garland and Joshua are not getting increase time even though they show up every game. There is no on ice responds and words if there are any aren't working because it keeps happening

Go Away GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

That’s why I’m hoping for a Canucks/Leafs final: the ultimate Bettman sadgasm.

Lol it ain't gonna happen but the ultimate Bettman sadgasm would be Winnipeg vs Ottawa.

• Like 1

I don't feel foolish 

I think you got a lot of name calling but no opinions of your own.  

The first part is painfully and blatantly obvious. And apparently you've not read any of  my responses. I literally responded  with what I thought could be the reasons for a few slow starts here and there. But you failed to retort on my thoughts ?  Selecting or cherry picking what you see as an easy out for yourself whilst still not answering the common thread that runs thru all of the similar  questions poised to you. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Tocchet has a .642 winning percentage going back to last year.  They are off to a historic start this year, what record do you think they should have?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 24K said:

Lol it ain't gonna happen but the ultimate Bettman sadgasm would be Winnipeg vs Ottawa.

If Winnipeg makes the finals. Bettman will announce that because the Coyotes were the original Jets. They will take Winnipeg's spot in the finals. 

Call it the Bettman loves Arizona and screw Canadian teams rule

4 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I agree my grammar sucks when I'm just quickly responding, I am trying to respond to all those that quote me 

And at least you do admit it's not perfect. But perfect isn't what I'm looking for consistently not starting slow is

As a member of the Internet Grammar Review Team, I was about to issue you a Writ of Summons requisitioning your presence at the next Internet Exclusion Hearing. We here at IGRT appreciate the efforts of self correction and will mail you a warning notice instead.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 3