[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks, Dec 17 at 12PM PST (3PM EST), United Center, the Let's Get the Winning Ways Back on Track Game

Rocket-68

Canucks have 8 UFAs and 2 RFA's (notable) and Which Team is Better  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who won't be with the Canucks next year even if they win the Stanley Cup this year (multiple selections allowed). Comments are just my thoughts, pick player and add your own in comments below.

• Sam Lafferty - yes great add, but that is the rub, will cost too much to resign plus Podz could fill his role and earn a nice contract the following year
    • Ian Cole - solid pickup, but too old now which is why was signed for only 1 year, that and McWard or Pettersson could possbily step up.
    • Mark Friedman - another solid pickup but young-uns in Abby can fill his spot
    • Tylers Myers - unless he signs for $1.5M or less. Myer's cap hit will be used to give Big Zeke, Honker and perhaps Petey raises
    • Elias Pettersson - he will want north of $11M per year and Canucks will get a bushel full of picks / prospects / players for him instead as that is too rich for Canucks now
    • ... stop it with the Smoked Whiskey dear author, Petey stays ... see my comments below for my thoughts.
  2. 2. Is This Year's Team Better than the 2011 Team that went to the SCF BABY!!

• Fuck Ya and suck it CanuckFanF ... ahh, ahem
    • No, the 2011 team was deeper, faster and gosh darn it, everyone loved that team - even the TO Fans
    • Ask me at the 60 game mark, if team maintains this torrid pace then yes
    • No, we are a Kesler and a Bieksa away from truly entering into that level of stratosphere
    • Yes, but only if we jettison Myers, use the cap space to get a Selke caliber forward and one of the young guns in Abby steps up as the next Bobby (well better than Myers at least)
    • ... come on, are you serious ... see my comment below

14 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I agree my grammar sucks when I'm just quickly responding, I am trying to respond to all those that quote me 

And at least you do admit it's not perfect. But perfect isn't what I'm looking for consistently not starting slow is

But again...it's not just how you start, it's how you finish.

Have you traveled? If you get in to a city and your hotel at 2 am and it's just one night after a huge event that you've been part of are you primed for a race at 11 the next morning? Like you probably fell asleep by 3 or 4 and had to be at a location, including have eaten breakfast and with equipment on.....by 10:00? So likely up at 8 or 9. Five or six hours sleep....full of piss and vinegar?

Sure, they're professionals. They're also humans.

Real life stuff....and it's not nearly as easy as it looks. The NHL is a grind and not a work of art...sometimes the wins are ugly. But they count just the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Public Service Annnouncement

Apropos of so many here annoyed by a poster who continually trolls the board about firing Tocchet, here is how to make it go away, guaranteed.

1. Do not, under any circumstances, reply, respond, comment or otherwise communicate with said poster. This is because said poster takes satisfaction in getting a reaction. I call this cyber-bullying. If you give a cyber-bully what he wants, he wins. If you refuse to give him what he wants, he eventually gets tired of talking to nobody and will go try and stir up crap somewhere else.

2. If everybody refuses to engage, it goes away, and even if it doesn't, it loses all power if nobody responds.

3. Sometimes, said posters get so annoyed that nobody responds that they look to go on attack to draw someone into the argument. Do not engage. Ever. Eventually they will get so mad that they'll cross the line and get banned for a while, or forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

But again...it's not just how you start, it's how you finish.

Have you traveled? If you get in to a city and your hotel at 2 am and it's just one night after a huge event that you've been part of are you primed for a race at 11 the next morning?

Sure, they're professionals. They're also humans.

That's their job 700 plus players do it on a nightly bases if they can't handle it get out of the NHL. Another 23 players would take the jobs no problem

The finish wasn't that great neither

19 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Like wise ,I look forward to you continuing to make yourself look foolish I won’t won’t be alone in that ,nor will I be alone in responding to your drivel 

I immediately thought of the Liverpool fans chant…. You’ll never walk alone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

We don't see a response the player's ice time hasn't decreased 

Blueger Garland and Joshua are not getting increase time even though they show up every game. There is no on ice responds and words if there are any aren't working because it keeps happening

So the top six isn’t pulling their weight. But their still winning. Does that suggest to you that their in a bit of a dulldrom(top 6) And more likely than not to come out of it. Either before all injured players come back  or during that rotation. As they do come back? The sky isn’t falling and maybe just Maybe your not a troll but a worry wart. 

8 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Blueger Garland and Joshua are not getting increase time even though they show up every game. There is no on ice responds and words if there are any aren't working because it keeps happening

I know a fair bit about hockey, as maybe you do. I've been on benches with some real smart hockey minds and it was humbling and an honor to learn from them. Good coaches, like Tochett, are usually two three steps ahead of dolts like us, so when it may seem like nothing is happening, it's just the opposite. He's doing well. In fact, one of the best starts in franchise history. I will start throwing daggers when we suck, but now is the time to enjoy the ride fellow fan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

That's their job 700 plus players do it on a nightly bases if they can't handle it get out of the NHL. Another 23 players would take the jobs no problem

No one has our schedule...it's quite unique.

And yes, some other players will be hitting that sort of grind soon, as they had a more leisurely entrance into the season and it'll change. We'll see how they fare.

Other players also have slow starts...even maybe LOSE those games versus grab points in them.

700 plus players do it on a nightly basis? Do what? Win? Come out strong and play the same/consistently throughout the entire game. No let dows? Yet most of them are behind us in the standings? Weird.

Only 20 or so actually win the cup each year. So you helped make my point.

Is EVERY team just killing it all the time? (answer is no). So why does this team have to? Cut them some slack and maybe see the good, not just the bad. Half empty or full cup...that's your choice.

So again....3 days ago they were in another city and shut out a team...winning 4-0. Then hopped on a plane to the other side of the country to play two morning games. Managed to sneak 3 of 4 points out of those games. They don't always look "awesome"....but I think they're no different than the other 700 players.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Apropos of so many here annoyed by a poster who continually trolls the board about firing Tocchet, here is how to make it go away, guaranteed.

1. Do not, under any circumstances, reply, respond, comment or otherwise communicate with said poster. This is because said poster takes satisfaction in getting a reaction. I call this cyber-bullying. If you give a cyber-bully what he wants, he wins. If you refuse to give him what he wants, he eventually gets tired of talking to nobody and will go try and stir up crap somewhere else.

2. If everybody refuses to engage, it goes away, and even if it doesn't, it loses all power if nobody responds.

3. Sometimes, said posters get so annoyed that nobody responds that they look to go on attack to draw someone into the argument. Do not engage. Ever. Eventually they will get so mad that they'll cross the line and get banned for a while, or forever.

They're making him a hero. 

9 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Wrong again. So much wrong with this one. I can tell your about 14 years old and for the first time on the new forum, I am looking for the ignore button. Advice, find a better hobby. I used to chase girls at your age and once you get good at it, it's way more fun than what your doing here.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Player with an owie allowed off despite icing. 

Player without helmet allowed to continue in  2 ongoing plays without penalty. 

Yup, some old homer reffing for the fans in the USA... Miller taps Bedard's stick--2 min hooking--Pettey drives to the net has his wrist hooked by a stick from behind--no call. That said, it's what I now expect from the Bettman Posse.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

No one has our schedule...it's quite unique.

And yes, some other players will be hitting that sort of grind soon, as they had a more leisurely entrance into the season and it'll change. We'll see how they fare.

Other players also have slow starts...even maybe LOSE those games versus grab points in them.

700 plus players do it on a nightly basis? Do what? Win? Come out strong and play the same/consistently throughout the entire game. No let dows? Yet most of them are behind us in the standings? Weird.

Only 20 or so actually win the cup each year. So you helped make my point.

Is EVERY team just killing it all the time? (answer is no). So why does this team have to? Cut them some slack and maybe see the good, not just the bad. Half empty or full cup...that's your choice.

So again....3 days ago they were in another city and shut out a team...winning 4-0. Then hopped on a plane to the other side of the country to play two morning games. Managed to sneak 3 of 4 points out of those games. They don't always look "awesome"....but I think they're no different than the other 700 players.

That’s nothing compared to the gruelling bus ride from Creston to Golden along with the time zone change from PST to MST.

Just a few extra Junior B thoughts to add to the pile. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Right, I forgot that every team other than the Canucks always gets off to a good start in every game. I don't know how you find the time to watch every NHL game, but kudos to you for doing that and sharing your wisdom.

I'll have to disagree with the finish not being great though, since, you know, they won the game. I've been a Canucks fan forever, and I long ago learned that ugly wins can be just as satisfying and count just as much in the standings as the works of art, of which the Canucks have had quite a few this year.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

A village just called they miss you......think about it you may figure it out

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I like your advice..think I'll take it...who's with me LOL

Three out of four possible points for the trip - not bad at all… 

slow starts are expected for earlier games… this is a tired team

noon translates to 9am our time

earlier starts are never easy

they got the job done

On to the next game 

gotta love Zad for sticking up for Petey…

Go Canucks Go

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1