[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks, Dec 17 at 12PM PST (3PM EST), United Center, the Let's Get the Winning Ways Back on Track Game

Rocket-68

Canucks have 8 UFAs and 2 RFA's (notable) and Which Team is Better  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who won't be with the Canucks next year even if they win the Stanley Cup this year (multiple selections allowed). Comments are just my thoughts, pick player and add your own in comments below.

• Sam Lafferty - yes great add, but that is the rub, will cost too much to resign plus Podz could fill his role and earn a nice contract the following year
    • Ian Cole - solid pickup, but too old now which is why was signed for only 1 year, that and McWard or Pettersson could possbily step up.
    • Mark Friedman - another solid pickup but young-uns in Abby can fill his spot
    • Tylers Myers - unless he signs for $1.5M or less. Myer's cap hit will be used to give Big Zeke, Honker and perhaps Petey raises
    • Elias Pettersson - he will want north of $11M per year and Canucks will get a bushel full of picks / prospects / players for him instead as that is too rich for Canucks now
    • ... stop it with the Smoked Whiskey dear author, Petey stays ... see my comments below for my thoughts.
  2. 2. Is This Year's Team Better than the 2011 Team that went to the SCF BABY!!

• Fuck Ya and suck it CanuckFanF ... ahh, ahem
    • No, the 2011 team was deeper, faster and gosh darn it, everyone loved that team - even the TO Fans
    • Ask me at the 60 game mark, if team maintains this torrid pace then yes
    • No, we are a Kesler and a Bieksa away from truly entering into that level of stratosphere
    • Yes, but only if we jettison Myers, use the cap space to get a Selke caliber forward and one of the young guns in Abby steps up as the next Bobby (well better than Myers at least)
    • ... come on, are you serious ... see my comment below

2 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I'm watching the Chicago feed (online) and finally there's an announcer that can say "Hronek" without adding an extra syllable, as in "Hironek" (that drives me crazy - it's not the same as Hirose for example - that one you do add an extra syllable for the "i", but for some reason most announcers also add an extra syllable for Hronek).

Go Canucks Go!

Never go crazy.