[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks // December 17, 2023

Rubik

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Alf can admit when his empties were wrong. Garland is not a cheap plastic gnome. He’s 100% concrete. He’s been driving our third line. He’s been very good. With him driving the third line we have three legit scoring lines. Each one is good enough to carry the offence if the other two aren’t going. I’m thinking Garden Gnome (of the concrete variety) ain’t going anywhere, unless it’s a big time offer. 

Whaaaa? Hell has definitely frozen over now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, who knows? You don't know with any player and at least, in the here and now, Miller's a beast. Just what this team needed.

So even IF he drops off...we got some good value out of him and he's paying his dues. The way he rubs off on the team is having an impact.

I mean, how many players get signed and are a flop from the word go? We've seen a few of those. Miller's been a nice surprise (to those who didn't see it from the get go...not many of us did)

It cannot be stated enough in the value that JTM is bringing to this team. Cups are won with players like him. We are very fortunate to have him, and even more so that he committed to us long term, and without crippling us financially.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I've been wondering how things will work out with the Canucks already having played several games

more than other teams.  Had a look at the schedule and omg, it sure is some strange scheduling.

After they play San Jose on the 23rd, they only have Philly and Ott during the next 8 days (4 each

between games). All 3 games are at home and then they head out on a 7 game eastern road trip.

They will have plenty of time to mix in a balance of rest and practice during the 8 days off and

they will need it for the road trip.

Good observation.  Even it's 3 games home stand after this road trip, we get to rest and not playing games at home for short stint but longer stay in one city, as if we play longer homestand but no games scheduled but go on the 7 games road trip and still makes no difference and still get longer 9 games homestand instead to make it up.  We still be fresh for the playoffs at end of it.  NHL were hoping that we'd fade away to start the season but we didn't fade away but thrive in it.  We might be even further up in the standing if we continue to win games on the road when all is said and done.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf can admit when his empties were wrong. Garland is not a cheap plastic gnome. He’s 100% concrete. He’s been driving our third line. He’s been very good. With him driving the third line we have three legit scoring lines. Each one is good enough to carry the offence if the other two aren’t going. I’m thinking Garden Gnome (of the concrete variety) ain’t going anywhere, unless it’s a big time offer. 

If you really do recognize Garland’s value and ability perhaps you’ll give him the respect of stopping the use all the disrespectful names and analogies.

Surely you wouldn’t talk that way if you had an opportunity to thank him in person for his efforts and success. 

• ThereItIs 1

48 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yes, I have to give credit to Allvin. I thought the extension was too much but it looks great right now.  It is still unlikely to look good 4 or 5 years down the road, even with the cap going up, but Miller is worth more than 8 million right now and he is playing the best hockey of his career. He should have another  3 years or so after this year with a high performance to cap hit ratio before that ratio goes in the other direction. 

Exactly!! The way I see it he's performed the last 2 yrs or so as a 10 million dollar player. I truly believe he will produce for another 4.5/5 yrs of the deal at a bargain rate...

It doesnt matter what happens the last 3 with the savings of the front half... it all balances out and the cap will only continue to raise. 

The O.E.L penalty is my biggest gripe but it had to be done. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1