[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks // December 17, 2023

Rubik

17 minutes ago, 24K said:

What did we do to the schedule maker for them to hate us like this. 😭

image.thumb.png.1778fb8214ad464b4d365adb5904907d.png

February is even worse with another set of 10am b2b games and Monday 11am.

Who the hell schedules matinee games on Mondays? That just sounds like a great way to have terrible TV viewership.

Very happy with the result tonight though it was lot closer than I wanted it to be  - think the Hawks probably outworked us through the game (as they were rested last night) but our players picked their spots at times and Demko also had a pretty strong outing especially early. The starting time today after the game yesterday also did not help.

RT will probably be happy with the result whereas LR will be satisfied with the effort given the young D on the Hawks blue line and other players missing. The close result goes to show there are no easy outings in this league.

Rest up tonight and get ready for Smashville on Tuesday.

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I think that’s our coach!

Yup, for sure  ...  Tocchet would love a clone of himself on the Canucks team aged 25. Tocchet was a monster in his prime.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Wasn’t really a cheapshot… but I like that someone on the team finally has a set..

Definitely wasn’t a cheap shot, but I like that if anyone messes with our stars then you pay the price.  No more Horvat plays where you just skate to the bench.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Who the hell schedules matinee games on Mondays? That just sounds like a great way to have terrible TV viewership.

It is MLK Jr. Day in the states. The other Monday matinee in Feb is the new Juneteenth holiday in the states. 

But both ain't holidays in Canada so they shouldn't have done that. SN and Aqua should had make a big fuss over it. 

36 minutes ago, 24K said:

What did we do to the schedule maker for them to hate us like this. 😭

image.thumb.png.1778fb8214ad464b4d365adb5904907d.png

February is even worse with another set of 10am b2b games and Monday 11am.

Monday morning at 10:00 AM on Jan 15th. I wonder how many people "called in sick" for that day?

• Haha 1

Just now, DexM94 said:

For two days in a row, we were able to watch live games with my kid. 
Its priceless. 

Hate the afternoon games. It's like moving Christmas to July. But I get it for you and I'm happy it worked out for you and your family. Nice to hear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

So... Tell me who the last canuck coach that was okay with one of our players standing up for ine of our stars...

Well, there was the one incident with Crawford that ended up in court, lol. But I'm with you. It's a big part of the game, building the culture, creating a tight room. Love it.

• ThereItIs 4

11 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

So... Tell me who the last canuck coach that was okay with one of our players standing up for ine of our stars... Even if it meant taking a instigator penalty?  

First name that comes to mind is Pat Quinn.  

Now I known the game has changed a lot since then.  In my opinion for the better overall.  BUT, we as a team have needed a response to goonery FOREVER!!!  This just shows othet teams, I don't think so... And if you try, there WILL be consequences.  I friggin love it!  This will help us a great deal through this season and the playoffs... Should we make it.  

f bd df.gif

• Haha 1