[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks // December 17, 2023

Rubik

17 minutes ago, Kragar said:

If that were the case, the holiday  would have been called Februaryteenth.

The Monday matinee in Feb is for President's Day

Oh you're right. Haha always forget about that pointless holiday. 

I am not a huge fan of loading up centers in the top line.  Suter seems kind of redundant there and it weakens the fourth line significantly.  I think Kuzzy needs another chance with Petey and Mik again.  The Aman line seemed like they weren’t playing at all and that just puts more wear and tear on the other lines.  The fourth line with Suter on it was good though.

I've been wondering how things will work out with the Canucks already having played several games

more than other teams.  Had a look at the schedule and omg, it sure is some strange scheduling.

After they play San Jose on the 23rd, they only have Philly and Ott during the next 8 days (4 each

between games). All 3 games are at home and then they head out on a 7 game eastern road trip.

They will have plenty of time to mix in a balance of rest and practice during the 8 days off and

they will need it for the road trip.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm pretty happy with this team and what they're doing this year. Reality is....teams just have to find a way and this team's been doing that.

Some here are so determined to prove we're not worthy and that the wins are flawed...diminished. There are always "concerns"....win or lose. We're not contenders. But no one is until....they are. And picture perfect games aren't really the norm....teams have to fight for wins a good deal of the time. No team just breezes through unscathed.  The standings...that's what matters. You don't gain/lose points for execution.

I mean, Vegas just lost to Buffalo...happens. Teams get tired. Beat down a bit (especially players who do play a physical game). It takes a toll.

After last year (the last 10 years), there's a reason to be happy with where this team's at and how they're responding. Even when they have bad starts....they rebound and manage to scrape up points I don't think those of us who support the team and choose to accept wins at face value are doing it wrong. I'd say that's the point. People are "concerned" because we can't sustain things with play like this....but we are. Results, that's what matters and they're producing some good ones. I wish instead of being stuck on being right our "fans" could just learn to give credit where it's due. And it is.

410314466_10160683562200549_782836057935

This. Absolutely, 100%. Those who are not happy with team this year never read the classic "How to stop worrying and start living". Be happy today. Nobody knows what tomorrow brings and past is in the past

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Lou said:

Man to all the people who hated on Milsy's extention... it's lookin pretty good now complete steal, Guy's a centre/winger who drives play and brings passion and leadership

Alvin knows what he's doing and kept the right guy he's easily worth 1.5-2 more a yr. Quietly he's one of the top players in the league. 

6-1-1 since acquiring Big Z a 22-9-2 start!!! 

Go Canucks Go!!!

Yes, I have to give credit to Allvin. I thought the extension was too much but it looks great right now.  It is still unlikely to look good 4 or 5 years down the road, even with the cap going up, but Miller is worth more than 8 million right now and he is playing the best hockey of his career. He should have another  3 years or so after this year with a high performance to cap hit ratio before that ratio goes in the other direction. 

• Cheers 4

51 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm pretty happy with this team and what they're doing this year. Reality is....teams just have to find a way and this team's been doing that.

Some here are so determined to prove we're not worthy and that the wins are flawed...diminished. There are always "concerns"....win or lose. We're not contenders. But no one is until....they are. And picture perfect games aren't really the norm....teams have to fight for wins a good deal of the time. No team just breezes through unscathed.  The standings...that's what matters. You don't gain/lose points for execution.

I mean, Vegas just lost to Buffalo...happens. Teams get tired. Beat down a bit (especially players who do play a physical game). It takes a toll.

After last year (the last 10 years), there's a reason to be happy with where this team's at and how they're responding. Even when they have bad starts....they rebound and manage to scrape up points I don't think those of us who support the team and choose to accept wins at face value are doing it wrong. I'd say that's the point. People are "concerned" because we can't sustain things with play like this....but we are. Results, that's what matters and they're producing some good ones. I wish instead of being stuck on being right our "fans" could just learn to give credit where it's due. And it is.

410314466_10160683562200549_782836057935

hmmm, 7-2-1 eh? i hate to be that guy (no I don't), but I can think of someone who predicted an impending 7-2-1 run way back on November 23. this run began 2 days later. 

• Like 2

Just now, EdgarM said:

He has also made Myers into a bonafide NHL defenseman. Kidding aside, we have inched closer to gaving a balanced physicalattack attack with him in the line up.

It's nice to see, and the rest of the league has taken notice too....in that we will no longer be rolled over, and our D is no longer something to be mocked or taken lightly 

• Cheers 1