[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

56 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

We'll never know what this years team would perform like under Bruce but I have no problem that he is gone. The way they turfed him was balls but that's on JR and AQ.

Toch has done well. That said he was gifted one of the best cores in the league and Alvin has done a very good job in making it even better.

The fact that we are at the top of the league whlie Kuz struggles means we have some cushion to iron out the wrinkles, get all systems going.

It does Kuz no good to sit and little good to be on the 4th line. He is such a talent that he should be given some patience.  

Toch should focus on fixing our pk. Let Kuz sit in the top6, where he should be, and keep working with him.

Nope.  Tocchet knows what he is doing.  Kuzie gonna learn or else.  He's obviously not doing what Big D Rick told him to do.

They are not showcasing Kuzmenko for a trade imo, or he would be moved up for a few "Feed Him" games.

Personally, I would love to cash this soft chip for some more of those Dope Patrik Allvin Trades?

yall-got-anymore-5bfc07.jpg

• Like 1

I hope if and when Kuzmenko is traded, he has success and is happy playing on that team. I know it likely wouldn't happen, but:

to BUF

Benson - Thompson - Kuzmenko

Mittelstadt - Cousins - Peterka

to VAN

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Tuch

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

Tom Wilson will not leave Capitals...

TW doesn't control his destiny fully, other than playing out of his mind making it difficult to trade him. Current contract has a 7-team no trade list so if they Caps really wanted to move him, they could easily do it - subject to them liking the package they get back for Tom Wilson. Future contract has M-NTC each year as well. 

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Conscience said:

Kuz has been fine latey even scored a couple goals, hasn't made any glaring or costly mistakes, what exactly does tocc expect him to do when hes playing with Aman?

I expect Kuzmenko to be in next game.

Suter is being wasted on the wing, and there’s no way PDG, Lafferty, and Aman should all be playing with a healthy forward group. 

Suter back to 4C and Lafferty out next game.

1 minute ago, Conscience said:

Kuz has been fine latey even scored a couple goals, hasn't made any glaring or costly mistakes, what exactly does tocc expect him to do when hes playing with Aman?

The kid just doesn’t attack pucks hard enough that’s the problem. I was all for Kuzie being promoted back to the top line, but if we’re truly trying to build a culture and a team that’s tough to play against maybe we should be teaching some hard lessons and keeping everyone accountable. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I expect Kuzmenko to be in next game.

Suter is being wasted on the wing, and there’s no way PDG, Lafferty, and Aman should all be playing with a healthy forward group. 

Suter back to 4C and Lafferty out next game.

Lafferty hasn't struggled like, at all. He just shouldn't be a regular top six player. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

11 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Nope.  Tocchet knows what he is doing.  Kuzie gonna learn or else.  He's obviously not doing what Big D Rick told him to do.

They are not showcasing Kuzmenko for a trade imo, or he would be moved up for a few "Feed Him" games.

Personally, I would love to cash this soft chip for some more of those Dope Patrik Allvin Trades?

yall-got-anymore-5bfc07.jpg

I'd properly respond to you but you gave me on of them wut emoji's and it deeply hurt my feels. 

So, nice meme.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Lafferty hasn't struggled like, at all. He just shouldn't be a regular top six player. 

Him and PDG should not be in at the same time though.

Give PDG some runway on the fourth line.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, DeNiro said:

Him and PDG should not be in the same though.

Give PDG some runway on the fourth line.

I'd personally keep Lafferty in he's been more consistent. PDG hasn't done anything since the first few weeks. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I'd personally keep Lafferty in he's been more consistent. PDG hasn't done anything since the first few weeks. 

True but he should also be fresher and hungrier to prove himself.

Not bad to give a guy like Lafferty a bit of rest with all the heavy lifting he has to do on his line.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Notice how this coaching staff and management makes and has made uncomfortable decision and we're now second in the league.

There's always room for improvement though.  First is beckoning  🙂

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

The kid just doesn’t attack pucks hard enough that’s the problem. I was all for Kuzie being promoted back to the top line, but if we’re truly trying to build a culture and a team that’s tough to play against maybe we should be teaching some hard lessons and keeping everyone accountable. 

You need guys on a team playing a role.  Kuzy's role is to score goals.  It's not like he's terrible defensively either, so I don't get it.  

At some point though, you gotta cut ties with a player if he's not the kinda player the coach wants on the team.  Benching him or healthy scratching him does absolutely nothing other than lowers the player's value.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You need guys on a team playing a role.  Kuzy's role is to score goals.  It's not like he's terrible defensively either, so I don't get it.  

At some point though, you gotta cut ties with a player if he's not the kinda player the coach wants on the team.  Benching him or healthy scratching him does absolutely nothing other than lowers the player's value.  

Tocchet has made it pretty clear he wants everyone to play the same way. I love Kuzie but he straight up avoids altercations or tough interactions with opposing teams at times. Petey seems to be given the longest leash but even he’s stepped up his physical game.  No matter how much you like the player you have to step back and acknowledge he’s ineffective away from the puck most nights. That has to change. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Tocchet has made it pretty clear he wants everyone to play the same way. I love Kuzie but he straight up avoids altercations or tough interactions with opposing teams at times. Petey seems to be given the longest leash but even he’s stepped up his physical game.  No matter how much you like the player you have to step back and acknowledge he’s ineffective away from the puck most nights. That has to change. 

The problem is that Tocchet was able to work with Kessel in Arizona without this sideshow.  At some point the coach needs to be professional enough to cut this garage out and stop setting up guys for failure.  Otherwise, management needs to replace Tocchet with a coach who isn't a cancer in the room.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

When Petey scored his last hattrick, Tocchet even said in the post game those three goals were nice but Petey needs to be more defensively responsible and the all around game wasn't good enough. 

Tocchet was holding him accountable too 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Then trade him.  He's not a young player.  This is who he is.