[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do coaches get Kucherov, Panarin and Kaprizov playing pressure hockey?  Do they play hard and tire out opponents or do the coaches allow them to play their game, which is attacking the net and scoring goals?  

Why are we trying to convert a pure goal scorer into a checking winger?  Even Pavel Bure didn’t know where the defensive zone was. 

Kucherov isnt a floater to start.  

Boeser was heavily criticized last season(s) because he wasnt having enough impact away from the puck.  Kuz is in that territory this season.  

I think Tocchett has earned the benefit of the doubt in terms of line up chemistry.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Kucherov isnt a floater to start.  

Boeser was heavily criticized last season(s) because he wasnt having enough impact away from the puck.  Kuz is in that territory this season.  

I think Tocchett has earned the benefit of the doubt in terms of line up chemistry.  

Let him cook 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Especially when he has the team 2nd in the league.

My thoughts exactly, Tocchet is trying to make the team better. And he can make scratches like this because of the success the teams had. Let him work out kinks if it makes us better down the line. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do coaches get Kucherov, Panarin and Kaprizov playing pressure hockey?  Do they play hard and tire out opponents or do the coaches allow them to play their game, which is attacking the net and scoring goals?  

Why are we trying to convert a pure goal scorer into a checking winger?  Even Pavel Bure didn’t know where the defensive zone was. 

Bure knew where the D zone was, he just used it to wind up, turn on the rockets, fly thru the neutral zone and score goals which meant, Bure only needed to focus on where the offensive zone was and stayed in that end which was his way on playing defense.

Go Canucks!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

So who comes out of the top 2 lines for Kuz then

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Suter

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Di Giuseppe-Aman-Lafferty

Why is our 3rd line centre who’s never scored more than 15 goals playing on the top line?  What did Petey ever do to deserve playing with two checking wingers?  

Of course you take Suter off the top line. He’s a 3rd liner who makes less than $2 million. Put players where they are supposed to be. Putting a checking centre on the top line as a winger while demoting a 39 goal scorer to the 4th line makes no sense. Petey needs to play with guys who can put the puck in the net. 

If Tocchet doesn’t like Kuzmenko then you need to trade him. Simple as that. I just hope this doesn’t affect our relationship with Milstein and our negotiations with Zadorov. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, John.Tallhouse said:

My thoughts exactly, Tocchet is trying to make the team better. And he can make scratches like this because of the success the teams had. Let him work out kinks if it makes us better down the line. 

Exactly. He's making uncomfortable, unconventional decisions to get us there. Far too often in the past we've made safe, conventional decisions to our detriment. Safe and comfortable hasn't gotten us anywhere.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Brock Boeser has been fantastic all season and the conditioning he came to camp in, 

was part of the reason. Stronger, faster and a dude called JT Miller to play with.....

counter point: don't read anything written by stephan roget, who seamlessly turns other people's forum posts into his "own" "articles".

Canucks are at their best when they have four lines rolling, playing hard.  Their systems (and thus team play) require it.

Having a 4th line that can actually eat up mins and lessen the burden on other lines is crucial.  

I like Kuz but given his play so far, and the fact Canucks have options, Ill roll w Tocchetts decision on this one.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are 100% right here. I think Tocchet has been great but honestly this crap about burying Kuzmenko down the lineup then scratching him is a poor spot and counterproductive to the idea of setting a standard among the lineup. 

Teams are full of different players, styles, skills, and so on, you utilize the lineup and the differing components. It is insane to try and push Kuzmenko as the team's coaches have. He has shown where he can succeed in this lineup while not hindering it. Play the damn player in the top six already and quit fucking around. Now is it any wonder when he does play that his confidence is shot ?

The league is chalk full of players and the Canucks had some of the bigger named ones in history that have played similar styles and produced and been utilized by their coaches to the tune of the players and teams being successful. Think Bure, Mogilny to name a couple Canucks.

Zero reason this should be continuing like it is and I would suggest things are likely near the point where both sides will need to reset or get a refresh and its a kick in the nuts to the Canucks if Kuzmenko is lost here. He won't get fair value on the trade market either so unless both coach and player give more than a little then its going to be a fail.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Hockey Night in Canada panel been doggin’ me for years. 

the key difference being the hnic panel aren't legitimate posters on this website, whereas the canucksarmy goofs are. 

p.s. I'm disgusted that autocorrect tried to capitalise canucksarmy for me. they haven't earned proper noun status. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1