[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

1 minute ago, tas said:

the key difference being the hnic panel aren't legitimate posters on this website, whereas the canucksarmy goofs are. 

p.s. I'm disgusted that autocorrect tried to capitalise canucksarmy for me. they haven't earned proper noun status. 

Damn eh, someone find the mole.

they should cut me a cheque for all these juicy takes I’ve provided over the years. 

Kuz has been underperforming all year, no matter what line he is playing on. I love the guy, but he has had a terrible year, and that's not on Tocchet, it's on Kuz.

Now I don't know if he should be getting scratched as often as he is, but something needs to make it sink into his head that floating and not playing hard isn't going to be accepted.

When he does come back though I would love for Tocc to try the top lines as:

Hogs-Petey-Kuz

Mik-Miller-Boes

I don't think Mik and Petey work all that well together. You throw Hogs with Petey and Kuz that gives them a guy who retrieves pucks and can actually keep up with them talent wise.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Kucherov isnt a floater to start.  

Boeser was heavily criticized last season(s) because he wasnt having enough impact away from the puck.  Kuz is in that territory this season.  

I think Tocchett has earned the benefit of the doubt in terms of line up chemistry.  

This entire post is spot on and 100% correct. It's pretty clear.

Especially the last part. Again, Tocchet has us 2nd in the entire league. His decisions are paying off in success.

Obviously we're not privy to what's happening between him and Kuzmenko but the last time Kuz was asked about what he needs to do ... he had a good perspective, was humble, knew he needed to be better, and understood the issues.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

luckily I had the rememberer functioning enough to alter my prediction for tonight,

with Kuzy scratched.

plus I have officially moved the turkey from the freezer to the fridge in anticipation of Monday's feast. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Do coaches get Kucherov, Panarin and Kaprizov playing pressure hockey?  Do they play hard and tire out opponents or do the coaches allow them to play their game, which is attacking the net and scoring goals?  

Why are we trying to convert a pure goal scorer into a checking winger?  Even Pavel Bure didn’t know where the defensive zone was. 

At least Bure was scoring goals and is doing something in the offensive zone pretty much every shift.  He throws bodychecks and gets into the battle fast in the offensive zone.  He also was an amazing PKer.. scoring many shorthanded goals.  What has kuzy been doing lately on the ice?  Pretty much nothing that would make it hard for Tocchet to not keep him in the starting roster.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, quattrob said:

At least Bure was scoring goals and is doing something in the offensive zone pretty much every shift.  He throws bodychecks and gets into the battle fast in the offensive zone.  He also was an amazing PKer.. scoring many shorthanded goals.  What has kuzy been doing lately on the ice?  Pretty much nothing that would make it hard for Tocchet to not keep him in the starting roster.

Bure destroys Lightning defense on PK ...

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

luckily I had the rememberer functioning enough to alter my prediction for tonight,

with Kuzy scratched.

plus I have officially moved the turkey from the freezer to the fridge in anticipation of Monday's feast. 

So is turkey scratched?Need convincing how to act in oven?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol reading the Kuz posts thinks we are doom and gloom and desperate to win a hockey game. All is well my fellow Canuck supporters. I think management knows when to step in, I’m sure the agent is onside with this as well, Kuzy can be better and he will be. I do believe though when Tocchet puts Kuz back with Petey and say Lafferty or Hogz he will have to score, be a difference maker not only for himself but to help this team like a game breaker( like he was last year) on a more frequent basis. I believe in Tocchet, the management team, the players and I like Kuz the player. 

win tonight! Go Canucks!

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Kuz has been underperforming all year, no matter what line he is playing on. I love the guy, but he has had a terrible year, and that's not on Tocchet, it's on Kuz.

Now I don't know if he should be getting scratched as often as he is, but something needs to make it sink into his head that floating and not playing hard isn't going to be accepted.

When he does come back though I would love for Tocc to try the top lines as:

Hogs-Petey-Kuz

Mik-Miller-Boes

I don't think Mik and Petey work all that well together. You throw Hogs with Petey and Kuz that gives them a guy who retrieves pucks and can actually keep up with them talent wise.

I was reading through comments to see if this had been posted and if not I was going to propose the same thing. I hope we get a chance to see it experimented with at some point before they give up on Kuz. 

29 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm assuming Alvin has had words with Rick about the situation. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Could be a trade coming, just wondering how devaluing Kuz

by sitting him makes any sense. Maybe the coach simply wants to make him work his ass off to climb back up?  Even that doesn't really make much sense ?

I'm starting to wonder if neither Elias Pettersson nor J.T. Miller even want Kuzmenko on their hard-working, hard-hitting, and talented lines.

Tocchet is not going to risk a win just to have him in the lineup.

If Rick, 'Lias, and JT don't want him in the top six at all, The Kuzmikovskian One may have Kratered. 

I still trust that Patrik Allvin can get good value for him. 

e.g. a player of less salary who yields cap room; a good but maybe overlooked/underperforming prospect; and a 2nd round pick? 

Too much?  What about a 5th?  We don't have a 2nd nor a 5th.  We do however, have two 4ths and two sixth rounders.

CHEERS EVERYONE!

HAPPY GAME DAY

GO CANUCKS GO

Petey be Hummin' now, cuz

Mickie be Hummin', cuz he's hunnert percent now, and

Pius he be Hummin' too, cuz he's happy to be right along side them other 2 Hum-Dingers. 

Hmm, how 'bout that?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

with Kuzy scratched.

What kind of brine we looking at here? This has me excited for the holidays! I’m off for holidays at end of day tomorrow and am ready to get cozy ❤️

3 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Maybe Kuz should consider becoming a right handed defenseman?

He just needs to smile less and pretend to be angry about any mistake. Maybe slam the door when he gets to the bench, break a stick, yell a good old curse word loud enough for the folks at home to hear.

Toc will love him then.

• ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Canucks are at their best when they have four lines rolling, playing hard.  Their systems (and thus team play) require it.

Having a 4th line that can actually eat up mins and lessen the burden on other lines is crucial.  

I like Kuz but given his play so far, and the fact Canucks have options, Ill roll w Tocchetts decision on this one.

Ya know the saddest part for me...the sheer joy and almiost childlike exuberence of playing Kuzy used to demonstarte has been beaten out of him. Tocchet is a good coach but he;s totally f'd up on what he's doing to Kuzy!

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

What kind of brine we looking at here? This has me excited for the holidays! I’m off for holidays at end of day tomorrow and am ready to get cozy ❤️

sorry, no brine.

old fashioned rubbed down well with butter and baked forever.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Moeknows said:

Ya know the saddest part for me...the sheer joy and almiost childlike exuberence of playing Kuzy used to demonstarte has been beaten out of him. Tocchet is a good coach but he;s totally f'd up on what he's doing to Kuzy!

Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs - Tiger Williams 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He just needs to smile less and pretend to be angry about any mistake. Maybe slam the door when he gets to the bench, break a stick, yell a good old curse word loud enough for the folks at home to hear.

Toc will love him then.

I know you're trying to bad mouth Miller for his emotions and how he deals with them, but also remember that Miller was benched earlier in the year, came back and scored 2 goals in the 3rd. This is all while being our best player all year long, so Tocc does hold everyone accountable when they deserve it.

Obviously Miller is going to have a longer leash that Kuz, but that's also because Miller is the much better player in all 3 zones.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Amebushi said:

I don’t disagree really. The record speaks for itself. One of the major talking points this year has been management and coaching being on the same page. I’m not seeing that in this one singular part of the discussion. I am NOT on the fire Toch train…just on the don’t waste an asset portion. Keep winning and I guess it doesn’t matter but if you aren’t going to play a guy as good as Kuz, let’s give him a shot somewhere else. 

ORRRRR… buy in and play like the rest of the team??? Pettersson isnt sacrificing defence for offence. Miller isnt. Boeser isnt. they are producing just fine. This is on Kuzmenko, its not on Tocchet or anyone else, everyone else is doing what is asked of them and they are being rewarded eg. Hoglander and Lafferty.

Until he buys in, he doesnt deserve to play or be gifted PP1 time. Earn that shit. Personally I dont see Kuzmenko in the NHL in a 3-5 years, its his skating and his play away from the puck that will limit his time in the league and he’ll end up going back to the KHL. So its best we do move him for those very reasons, gain something before his value completely disappears and he takes off back to Russia

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, quattrob said:

Bure wasn't playing on the 4th line.  Bure also had the speed and size to hit players, get back when needed and then go full steam ahead on the offence.  Mogilny didn't do that.  Kuzmenko is very similar to Panarin.  Both played in Russia for a long time before coming to NA.  Both players don't hit, don't PK, play the left side shooting right, and like to pinch into the offensive zone.  Panarin makes $11 million per year and is never demoted to the 4th line.  

Miller is the one who is playing with the hot hand right now.  Meanwhile, Petey is being asked to play with checking wingers.  And people are complaining as to why Petey is in a "slump" and doesn't look interested out there.  If you want to get Petey going then you need to figure it out with him and Kuzmenko, or else it will turn into a situation where we are a one-line team and other teams will eventually figure it out and know how to stop us.  This is the danger we are looking at right now with this Kuzmenko situation...