[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

So who comes out of the top 2 lines for Kuz then

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Suter

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Di Giuseppe-Aman-Lafferty

Obviously Suter moves to 3rd/4th line Center and Aman comes out. Suter was picked up for that exact role.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

Ya know the saddest part for me...the sheer joy and almiost childlike exuberence of playing Kuzy used to demonstarte has been beaten out of him. Tocchet is a good coach but he;s totally f'd up on what he's doing to Kuzy!

Does Kuzmenko deserve special treatment?

Every player has to buy in. Seems Kuzmenko is the only one who hasn't.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Assuming they meant “ethical oil” because our bitumen production is far from the least carbon intensive among a lot of oil producing nations. 

I've been to the massive tailings ponds.... Straight up Mordor.  Nothing clean about bitumen. The energy, chemicals and water it takes to process and extract 'clean oil'.... But it creates a lot of jobs... Well less now that mine trucks will be driving themselves.... Anyway back to hockey!  Way more fun!

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

ORRRRR… buy in and play like the rest of the team??? Pettersson isnt sacrificing defence for offence. Miller isnt. Boeser isnt. they are producing just fine. This is on Kuzmenko, its not on Tocchet or anyone else, everyone else is doing what is asked of them and they are being rewarded eg. Hoglander and Lafferty.

Until he buys in, he doesnt deserve to play or be gifted PP1 time. Earn that shit. Personally I dont see Kuzmenko in the NHL in a 3-5 years, its his skating and his play away from the puck that will limit his time in the league and he’ll end up going back to the KHL. So its best we do move him for those very reasons, gain something before his value completely disappears and he takes off back to Russia

I'm pretty sure a team like Chicago would pick up Kuzy for cheap and let him score 50 goals playing with Bedard.  Most Russian players who can score 39 goals in the NHL don't end up back in Russia...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I know you're trying to bad mouth Miller for his emotions and how he deals with them, but also remember that Miller was benched earlier in the year, came back and scored 2 goals in the 3rd. This is all while being our best player all year long, so Tocc does hold everyone accountable when they deserve it.

Obviously Miller is going to have a longer leash that Kuz, but that's also because Miller is the much better player in all 3 zones.

I will never bad mouth Miller.

If you knew me... I have loved that dude since he arrived. I have stuck up for him for years...

You got close though. My point was more about Toc wanting Kuz to lose the happy attitude, for no real good reason imo. 

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

ORRRRR… buy in and play like the rest of the team??? Pettersson isnt sacrificing defence for offence. Miller isnt. Boeser isnt. they are producing just fine. This is on Kuzmenko, its not on Tocchet or anyone else, everyone else is doing what is asked of them and they are being rewarded eg. Hoglander and Lafferty.

Until he buys in, he doesnt deserve to play or be gifted PP1 time. Earn that shit. Personally I dont see Kuzmenko in the NHL in a 3-5 years, its his skating and his play away from the puck that will limit his time in the league and he’ll end up going back to the KHL. So its best we do move him for those very reasons, gain something before his value completely disappears and he takes off back to Russia

Exactly this.

I think it would be a lot easier for us fans to question the move if we were struggling as a team - but it’s been a consistent theme with him and throughout the year. So you hope he buys into the system and gets back to what we know he can do. But if not, I’m choosing team player over catering to one player (which is essentially what was tried with the 4th line and 1PP deployment). 

Tocchet said it plain and clear - he thinks this is the lineup that can win this game. PDG is also more physical than Kuzy so with the talk about it being a physical game that’s an easy dot to connect. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

So who comes out of the top 2 lines for Kuz then

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Suter

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Di Giuseppe-Aman-Lafferty

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Di Giuseppe-Suter-Lafferty

Aman

DGP probably deserves another game. So Aman sits this one out. 

12 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Define 'cleanest oil' please.

If you saw the light oil pumped out of certain parts of saskatchewan or alberta you would have a hard time telling the difference between that and gasoline.  In terms of environmental impact everyone associates oil with the oil sands mining which is much less pretty but is highly regulated compared to other parts of the world.  Don't like oil google cobalt mining in the Congo and you will be thoroughly horrified with how ugly it is to make a battery for your phone or computer let alone a car size battery.  Sorry rant over back to hockey.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

If you knew me... I have loved that dude since he arrived. I have stuck up for him for years...

You got close though. My point was more about Toc wanting Kuz to lose the happy attitude, for no real good reason imo. 

My bad, most people try to use Miller's emotions as a negative for him, where to me they are completely opposite and are a big driver for him. Though I think that's because we have been the "turn the other cheek" team for so long, that people think it's a negative when players show their emotions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Di Giuseppe-Suter-Lafferty

Aman

DGP probably deserves another game. So Aman sits this one out. 

That Mik-Petey-Kuz line just doesn't work, it hasn't all year, and that shouldn't be the line we go back to if we are putting Kuz back on the 1st. If Kuz goes back up, Mik needs to move to a different line.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bure wasn't playing on the 4th line.  Bure also had the speed and size to hit players, get back when needed and then go full steam ahead on the offence.  Mogilny didn't do that.  Kuzmenko is very similar to Panarin.  Both played in Russia for a long time before coming to NA.  Both players don't hit, don't PK, play the left side shooting right, and like to pinch into the offensive zone.  Panarin makes $11 million per year and is never demoted to the 4th line.  

Miller is the one who is playing with the hot hand right now.  Meanwhile, Petey is being asked to play with checking wingers.  And people are complaining as to why Petey is in a "slump" and doesn't look interested out there.  If you want to get Petey going then you need to figure it out with him and Kuzmenko, or else it will turn into a situation where we are a one-line team and other teams will eventually figure it out and know how to stop us.  This is the danger we are looking at right now with this Kuzmenko situation...

Love Kuzya man,but looks like he cant adjust on coach philosophy. If EP playing defense,hit hard,how can you watch someone float around.I am only afraid they lowering his value down sadly.All players in dog house adjusted,only him is not able.It is bad

• Cheers 1

Kuzmenko is from the School of Bruce Boudreau, where it's all smiles and loosey-goosey, playing however it makes him happy. Sure he scored a lot, but the Canucks missed the playoffs again, because of that style of play. 

Those days are gone, JR/Allvin are building an army getting ready for "war" in a few months. Playoffs are fast and physical. Kuzmenko won't help them on the battlefield. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, a slapshot happens in a split second and being hit in the chin isn't expected.

Going in to lay the body comes with some knowledge that it can be punishing and with some pushback. So maybe some reservation with that.

Also, I think part of Kuzmenko's problem is his reservations and hesitations.

His decision-making becomes a delaying mental exercise when the body should have already fired off in a well-rehearsed, almost automatic action.

Practice Baby!  We talk'n 'bout Coaching and Practice Baby!  Hit and Be Hit.  No thinking required.

It ain't easy; learning how to live in the jungle; scary stuff; you're gonna get a hurt real bad; go for it; git sum.

6 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Wow, condescend much?…

Why don’t you respond with your reasoning to dispute what you clearly know this ‘moron’ can’t get?

Captkirk888 and Elias Pettersson sitting in a tree… 

Imagine this GDT pre-game talk was a real tail gate party. Some of you folk are out here sounding wasted before the game just looking to wrastle haha

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

My bad, most people try to use Miller's emotions as a negative for him, where to me they are completely opposite and are a big driver for him. Though I think that's because we have been the "turn the other cheek" team for so long, that people think it's a negative when players show their emotions.

You would have been proud of me in the old cdc Miller thread.

I stood strong against quite a few great posters that wanted JT gone.

I was one of those that liked Bo but no way would I keep him over JT. 

Actually a lot of my posts were like the one you first replied to me. About Jt's all round greatness.

He is a leader, passionate, skilled, a centre (that can play wing too), durable, a point machine, can play in all situations, has a resonable contract.

i mean, does it get better?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Tocchet always looks pissed off.  He hates the fact that Kuzy is always happy.  I think that has alot to do with it.  Kuzy is probably smiling all day in practice and in the dressing room eating his bananas.  Tocchet must fucking hate that.  I know guys like Tochhet, the big bad dudes who never smile.  He's been great as the coach this year, I have total respect for him.  But I can pretty much tell that Tocchet just doesn't like Kuzy, it's pretty obvious when he speaks about him.  

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

That Mik-Petey-Kuz line just doesn't work, it hasn't all year, and that shouldn't be the line we go back to if we are putting Kuz back on the 1st. If Kuz goes back up, Mik needs to move to a different line.

I don't mind seeing Kuz with Garly but no way coaches break up the Blueger's 3rd line with Joshua and Garly..

Garly is a good set up man, good passer. Maybe him and Kuz can put up some goals together but like I said. 3rd line not getting broken up.. They're playing too good right now..

• Cheers 1

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Captkirk888 and Elias Pettersson sitting in a tree… 

Imagine this GDT pre-game talk was a real tail gate party. Some of you folk are out here sounding wasted before the game just looking to wrastle haha

I’m defending the guy because I agree. I don’t think we’re alone on that either. Explain to me how I sound wasted Grams?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tocchet always looks pissed off.  He hates the fact that Kuzy is always happy.  I think that has alot to do with it.  Kuzy is probably smiling all day in practice and in the dressing room eating his bananas.  Tocchet must fucking hate that.  I know guys like Tochhet, the big bad dudes who never smile.  He's been great as the coach this year, I have total respect for him.  But I can pretty much tell that Tocchet just doesn't like Kuzy, it's pretty obvious when he speaks about him.  

Thanks EP.

Exactly my opinion too. 

I'm a martial artist that competed until I was 35. I was a GM of a few night clubs...totally get the bolded.

I know the type.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm pretty sure a team like Chicago would pick up Kuzy for cheap and let him score 50 goals playing with Bedard.  Most Russian players who can score 39 goals in the NHL don't end up back in Russia...

Most Russians who score 39 can score 30 again… Kuzy is on pace for….how many goals? His 27.3% shooting was unrealistic and unsustainable. Dont get me wrong 14.6% is still a very respectable SPCT… problem is he doesnt shoot much and he has a habit of having to handle the puck first and looking at options before making a decision. He needs to use his onetimer more and just shoot the fucking puck more overall. 

• Like 1