[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

This is nothing for a professional athlete.  

This is the stadium in my native city Kharkiv where each September 1976-1980 my sport class hold a training camp before start of basketball season in October.

You go from the bottom to the top jumping on 2 legs, then just right leg, then just left leg, then you run as fast as possible to the top to do 25 push ups there.  One coach at bottom, head coach at the top yelling at you faster, work harder , etc. And it was just a beginning.....

Good old times

metallist-2.jpg

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe it was the banana & beverage incident.  AK96 chose Pepsi and maybe Dick Tocch is more of a coke guy.  :classic_ninja:

Whoa "6" ! 

You're bringing back woozy memories of the sixties:

-banana peels drying on the heat register in the spare room at school, until they were discovered, or was I ratted out by that weaselly Brown-noser Steven again?

-and trying to get high by dropping an aspirin in a bottle of Coca-Cola (and no, I'm not old enough to have been around when real Cocaine was already in the bottle when you bought it). 

-smoking birch bark filled with moss and coughing our guts out (we were so fucking stupid; but not anymore! lol).

Until she said, she'd trade some 'grass' for my math answers, and then it was all good; real good.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Remember that Milstein is Kuzy's agent.  He negotiated only a 2-year deal for Kuzy so that Kuzy could "cash" in on his next contract.  Don't think Kuzy is going to be cashing in sitting in the press box.  Also, if Milstein was looking for a long-term deal for Kuzy after next season, then that deal probably was in the $6-6.5 million range on a 5-6 year deal.  Do you know what Milstein's commission would be on that deal?  Like maybe close to $1 million dollars.

You can bet dollars to doughnuts that if this shit isn't resolved soon, you will be hearing from Milstein.  And not in a good way.  Plus, on top of that, who knows what's going to happen with the Zadorov negotiations.

JR, get this shit fixed soon.  You are the godfather, I am sure if you call Ricky he will be picking up the phone...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

He just needs to smile less and pretend to be angry about any mistake. Maybe slam the door when he gets to the bench, break a stick, yell a good old curse word loud enough for the folks at home to hear.

Toc will love him then.

I reckon being hard on the puck, making quick decisions and not turning over the puck in the neutral zone ought to do it

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Not accusing any real life person here of sounding off.

Bzzzip-puh ;;;GrammaInTheTub **does not compute** krikkle krack zkbab-ull yawannaGo?

Rice Krispies in the Gramma **does not compute** as j bzzips real life person here burp.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I did Tae Kwon Do for years.  My best friend was a black belt and then switched to kick boxing.  He was the Canadian kick boxing champion at one point in his weight class.  I hung around alot of tough guys back in the day.  We used to hang out at Richards on Richards every weekend.  My friend used to get into bar fights all the time.  One time he head kicked a guy so hard he was unconscious.  It was literally just one kick and the guy was lights out.  It was scary.  We had to call the ambulance.

I probably saw you around in the night clubs if you were there in the 1980's and 1990's...

Bjj is the way to go for self defence, maybe not as effective against multiple attackers but no one goes the hospital or gets sued 

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Remember that Milstein is Kuzy's agent.  He negotiated only a 2-year deal for Kuzy so that Kuzy could "cash" in on his next contract.  Don't think Kuzy is going to be cashing in sitting in the press box.  Also, if Milstein was looking for a long-term deal for Kuzy after next season, then that deal probably was in the $6-6.5 million range on a 5-6 year deal.  Do you know what Milstein's commission would be on that deal?  Like maybe close to $1 million dollars.

You can bet dollars to doughnuts that if this shit isn't resolved soon, you will be hearing from Milstein.  And not in a good way.  Plus, on top of that, who knows what's going to happen with the Zadorov negotiations.

JR, get this shit fixed soon.  You are the godfather, I am sure if you call Ricky he will be picking up the phone...

It's also on Kuz to perform, which he hasn't done this year no matter where he has been placed. You can't give Kuz special treatment just because Milstein is his agent.

I love Kuz, but he needs to earn his ice time and make the most of his opportunities. He did that last year, this year he hasn't.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, high flying Vee said:

Bjj is the way to go for self defence, maybe not as effective against multiple attackers but no one goes the hospital or gets sued 

BJJ is great, but if you actually want to attack the other person and eliminate the threat there is nothing better than a head kick to knock the guy out or at least leave him unbalanced, and then you go in with punches to the face and body until he is out.  My friend perfected this technique.  It also allows you to stay on your feet so you can go after multiple attackers.  My Tae Kwon Do instructor was an 8th degree black belt.  Dude was like 5'6" and 130 pounds.  He could destroy anyone of any size.  Think Bruce Lee.  BJJ you are going to the ground.  That's not good if you have more than one attacker, it's more self defence than anything, versus Tae Kwon Do which is more of an offensive martial art if you want it to be...

2 hours ago, John.Tallhouse said:

After seeing the season Dakotas been having I’m curious what Podkolzin could become under Tocchet. 

Podkolzin and Raty.

Can’t wait, both guys have stepped up this season. 

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Ok RT, you're the guy, and I have supported you, but your tough love stance with Kuz is starting to piss me off, and many others I'm sure. 

Let Kuz play his game, he will come around to your plan eventually...but the press box isn't the answer, and you are losing a goal scoring machine while leaving him twisting in the wind, losing confidence daily I'm sure, and becoming not only a distraction to the team, but as others have said, his agent and all other stakeholders and potential acquisitions moving forward are no doubt watching.

Plus you are causing an earthquake to blow through this town Ricky.

• ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, high flying Vee said:

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I did Tae Kwon Do for years.  My best friend was a black belt and then switched to kick boxing.  He was the Canadian kick boxing champion at one point in his weight class.  I hung around alot of tough guys back in the day.  We used to hang out at Richards on Richards every weekend.  My friend used to get into bar fights all the time.  One time he head kicked a guy so hard he was unconscious.  It was literally just one kick and the guy was lights out.  It was scary.  We had to call the ambulance.

I probably saw you around in the night clubs if you were there in the 1980's and 1990's...

TKD is great, I went the Hapkido route, my brother was a "Boo Sabum" and was on his way to "Sabum" before he passed away...he ran his Dojang for many years. HK has served me well many times.

I did one long pub/club crawl throughout the 80's everywhere in Vancity, so I saw u for sure haha. 

So now Brock Boeser has Kuzmenko's shooting percentage from last year. What does the Canucks management do ?

Really, this isn't that hard for Kuz. Kuzmenko is a talented one way goal scorer. You give him some top line minutes and some middle 6 minutes until he gets out of his funk. It happens to literally everyone including McDavid.

Boesers value is an average of all of his seasons. An RNH type deal should be doable (5 million) if he wants to stay.

2 hours ago, John.Tallhouse said:

After seeing the season Dakotas been having I’m curious what Podkolzin could become under Tocchet. 

From seeing Tocchet interviews when he talks about Podkolzin its easy to tell Tocchet Ioves the kid and what he brings as far as his size, work ethic, and the type of game he can play..

It's only a matter of time before Podz becomes a full time NHLer.  

He was close to being called up before the injury. Hopefully he can get up here before the end of season for 15 or 20 games in the NHL.  

In a year or two I see him as a heart and soul type of player who comes to play every night. Puts up 15 + goals..  

Podz when he sttles in is the type of guy teams need to go on long playoff runs. 

• Upvote 1