[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

17 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

It's also on Kuz to perform, which he hasn't done this year no matter where he has been placed. You can't give Kuz special treatment just because Milstein is his agent.

I love Kuz, but he needs to earn his ice time and make the most of his opportunities. He did that last year, this year he hasn't.

Its mostly about an colorless odorless unobservable thing called shooting percentage. Players talents don't just disappear. That has only happened once (Huberdeau) 

Everyone is getting all wound up about this bullshit. Kuzmenko is a top line NHL talent. And he just has to play his way though this and his shooting percentage will turn around. 

Some days all I can do is shake my head at people who are dumb enough to even think of trading Kuzmenko, that kind of stupidity just blows me away, typical Vancouver bullshit though, the guy comes in and scores almost 40 goals last year and then this year is asked to change his game and struggles somewhat as anyone would yet becomes trade bait instantly.

Hero to zero in a heartbeat, yep have to change your game and if it isn't fast enough, under the bus you go.. 

Maybe that's why the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid! 

Anyway, I'm sure glad we don't have management who will cave to idiot public opinion anymore, makes me even happier PA and JR are here and I hope they stick around long enough to actually get our team built for a change instead of the same old garbage of trying to buy one with free agents and selling the farm over and over, but hey we have so many cups that we can afford to sell the farm out yet again.. genius, let do it!!

Edited by iceman1964
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah, those hockey players hate accountability. 

Imagine missing out on acquiring guys like Panarin, Bobrovsky, or Mikheyev for free because it's decided that we should force an offensive talent like Kuzmenko to be able to check like a 3rd or 4th liner.  Short sighted IMO.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1972897

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 12/19/2023 at 3:03 AM, John.Tallhouse said:

Let's take some time to appreciate the fact that YOUR Vancouver Canucks are currently 21-9-2 through 32 games and are sitting 2nd overall in the NHL.

image.thumb.jpeg.288753e369e717565de4a487a236d66c.jpeg

image.thumb.png.d89405f34af724c1afedb8db617783c6.png

image.thumb.jpeg.0458dc0a53d587e437f141a3e9203379.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e29a7d0ad09483ee0056930a9f498234.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3d785101d4c3cf6983ab87f388abe5ce.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.42586bc7d14dd082127ca550293cdd16.jpeg

image.thumb.png.5827b75e443160e4f175ce996ed59d75.png

image.thumb.png.acdad080b66d818ea81286b93dc7e829.png

image.thumb.png.caa6ba40941cc4434a7fa4194d949af6.png

image.thumb.png.56beafaf20aee9c5389b88a732c7c590.png

image.thumb.jpeg.51e8b644a8272c9d10a2fd5950a6b2bd.jpeg

image.thumb.png.50a72d3fa26939cd9b82a132da3d2086.png

image.thumb.png.6dae651a4ff51d1c61208b3cc5a62ae9.png

image.thumb.png.882cccb3df385b6b664bdddc34256d56.png

image.thumb.png.75385c385032199dd263d08dfa272c89.png

image.thumb.jpeg.7a2609e45e3173201dc4a69f4c13d44f.jpeg

image.jpeg.3b328058e6d247e15a6712de80ac00fc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1ba012250e6b3f969189b61b08f1f8d1.jpeg

Previous tilt:

image.jpeg.68a614f8cbe583369d2af77f671ead7c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.42c85b3e5137d1abea0167993a3ccba1.jpeg

I appreciate the Art.  :classic_cool:

Now having said that, and to your poll question, I can't see why the Flames would give us Lindholm and Tanev for Kuzmenko and Myers. That would be highway robbery for us.  

Shame for kuz,,  scores a couple of goals lately, makes a couple of very nice plays defensively.. out again..  he is not perfect but he is most definitely not a 4th line player.  Im afraid he will be moved by the deadline and most likely return to 35 to 45 goal form for some other team..  nucks aere fine and will move on but this would be a shame.  His skill is not easily found.  Seems a little more like a coach riff to me.  Im my humble opinion

22 minutes ago, Blue said:

Its mostly about an colorless odorless unobservable thing called shooting percentage. Players talents don't just disappear. That has only happened once (Huberdeau) 

Everyone is getting all wound up about this bullshit. Kuzmenko is a top line NHL talent. And he just has to play his way though this and his shooting percentage will turn around. 

The problem is, he’s not getting a chance to play through it… feels like he’s not going to get many more opportunities to turn it around here. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I appreciate the Art.  :classic_cool:

Now having said that, and to your poll question, I can't see why the Flames would give us Lindholm and Tanev for Kuzmenko and Myers. That would be highway robbery for us.  

Haha yeah, Flames would be looking for draft picks in return or else players with longer deals then Kuzmenko and Myers. 

Lindholm could probably land them a 1st round pick as a rental, Tanev gets at least a 2nd. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Remember that Milstein is Kuzy's agent.  He negotiated only a 2-year deal for Kuzy so that Kuzy could "cash" in on his next contract.  Don't think Kuzy is going to be cashing in sitting in the press box.  Also, if Milstein was looking for a long-term deal for Kuzy after next season, then that deal probably was in the $6-6.5 million range on a 5-6 year deal.  Do you know what Milstein's commission would be on that deal?  Like maybe close to $1 million dollars.

You can bet dollars to doughnuts that if this shit isn't resolved soon, you will be hearing from Milstein.  And not in a good way.  Plus, on top of that, who knows what's going to happen with the Zadorov negotiations.

JR, get this shit fixed soon.  You are the godfather, I am sure if you call Ricky he will be picking up the phone...

Setting aside a Mad Mike Milbury or two, there is only so much an agent can do. There is a thing called free market economy and couple that with the vast majority of GM's are not raving lunatics, Milstein cannot pick up the phone and say, "pay Kuz 9mil a year for 7 years or I will shop him around and get 10 over 8." ... well I guess he could but I suspect it would be a short phone call.

Yes, there is a bit of leverage Milstein has, but not enough to bite the hand that feeds. 

JR and PA aren't idiots and if strong armed, they will call the bluff and move Kuz ... yes, I am the fly on the wall every time JR pucks up a phone, NOT, just my opinion. 

Everyone outside of CFF has Kuz under a 10x microscope whereas we use a 1000x scope with a bent lens. 

As many have posted already, this is a results oriented business and I for one am glad neither Benning nor a Mad Mike clone are at the helm right now.

Canucks (i.e., PA / JR) will make the juice worth the squeeze on Kuz whether he stays here or is moved. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

Garland Blueger and Joshua.  Garland has a contract for next year. Blueger and Joshua do not.  How much do you give Blueger and Joshua to re-sign in order to keep this line together?

Blueger 1.9 becomes....

Joshua 825k  .becomes...

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Garland Blueger and Joshua.  Garland has a contract for next year. Blueger and Joshua do not.  How much do you give Blueger and Joshua to re-sign in order to keep this line together?

Blueger 1.9 becomes....

Joshua 825k  .becomes...

I say let the season ride out before we talk numbers, if they keep it up we’ll talk raises.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1