[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

We'll never know what this years team would perform like under Bruce but I have no problem that he is gone. The way they turfed him was balls but that's on JR and AQ.

Toch has done well. That said he was gifted one of the best cores in the league and Alvin has done a very good job in making it even better.

The fact that we are at the top of the league whlie Kuz struggles means we have some cushion to iron out the wrinkles, get all systems going.

It does Kuz no good to sit and little good to be on the 4th line. He is such a talent that he should be given some patience.  

Toch should focus on fixing our pk. Let Kuz sit in the top6, where he should be, and keep working with him.

I see that pov, but maybe he does actually need to be minute managed? He never had hard minutes in his career until he got here, and only under Tocc.

If this is just part of an overall plan to have a more consistent player I'm ok with it.

He may also simply not fit the current system, but whatever it is I don't think it's personal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I see that pov, but maybe he does actually need to be minute managed? He never had hard minutes in his career until he got here, and only under Tocc.

If this is just part of an overall plan to have a more consistent player I'm ok with it.

He may also simply not fit the current system, but whatever it is I don't think it's personal.

I dunno.

Toc got here and seemed to tighten Kuz's leash pretty quick while players like Joshua got tons of rope. Dont get me wrong Joshua has come around this year but he got a lot of that patience I was talking about and he doesnt have the high end potential of Kuz.

It really seemd like Kuz's energy and attitude rubbed Rick the wrong way.

I wish we could have Tocchet the player, man he would perfect on this team. But  Tocchet the coach, while doing well , still has a way to go. Hope his ego doesn't cost us a great skilled player.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dunno.

Toc got here and seemed to tighten Kuz's leash pretty quick while players like Joshua got tons of rope. Dont get me wrong Joshua has come around this year but he got a lot of that patience I was talking about and he doesnt have the high end potential of Kuz.

It really seemd like Kuz's energy and attitude rubbed Rick the wrong way.

I wish we could have Tocchet the player, man he would perfect on this team. But  Tocchet the coach, while doing well , still has a way to go. Hope his ego doesn't cost us a great skilled player.

I don't think Allvin let's it go that far. 

It's funny there's always one player thats in a new coaches doghouse.

With Bruce it's was Hogs.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Nice! Hronek on PP1 in the bumper. Been saying that for a while. That's a great option to have. 

Yes I’ve been saying it too. Get him on the left side for the cross pass one timer. I hated seeing Hughes on the left side bumbling the pass as he has to turn and waist time only to  be forced to pass off posing no threat to get a shot off. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think Allvin let's it go that far. 

It's funny there's always one player thats in a new coaches doghouse.

With Bruce it's was Hogs.

Alvin has won me over. He has pulled off some great trades. 

Also, if they want to move Kuz, they might want to showcase him a bit.

What are we gonna get for a dude that cant crack the line-up?

If i was Washington I would have a look at Kuz though, for sure. He could get the fire back for OV and together they might score a billion goals. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Amebushi said:

Gotta be honest. I’m a fan of Tochett or any coach that has the team playing this well. I don’t think Kuzzy deserves the treatment he is getting. The guy is a creative hockey player with a ton of talent. If you benched Petey, gave him 12 minutes a game and demoted him to the fourth line he wouldn’t look as good either. If we are not going to give him a real chance then at least let him drive up his own value for a couple of games. Taking him out does very little to help us win games. Otherwise Toch is doing a great job IMHO. If Kuz is just wrong for the system then trade him for cap space that is spent on a D man, a D man, a really solid prospect or something that we can use. Kuzzy in the  press box or stapled to the bench is negative value. 

RT’s main objective is to win games and can care less about everything else. Like I said earlier, nice guy coaches finish last. Just ask Bruce about that. RT knows what he is doing. Our record speaks for itself. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I just hope that they don't give up Kuzmenko to the point that they give him away for little.

I want a nice return, the guy scored 39 goals last year, and under different coaching, he could do it again. Canucks must hit a home run here. I mean they already have, Kuzmenko was a free asset.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Yes I’ve been saying it too. Get him on the left side for the cross pass one timer. I hated seeing Hughes on the left side bumbling the pass as he has to turn and waist time only to  be forced to pass off posing no threat to get a shot off. 

Hronek's better suited for the role than Hughes imo. That's where he had a lot of success in Detroit. Glad Tocc is doing this now. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Alvin has won me over. He has pulled off some great trades. 

Also, if they want to move Kuz, they might want to showcase him a bit.

What are we gonna get for a dude that cant crack the line-up?

If i was Washington I would have a look at Kuz though, for sure. He could get the fire back for OV and together they might score a billion goals. 

If we do move Kuzy I hope it's a solid hockey trade for C or D talent.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But we are near the top of the league even with a slumping Kuzy...

I like him too but we can't play like a Bruce run team if they are going to have success.

I don't like the move, sitting him again. I do trust Tocchet overall and I'm hoping there is an overall scheme to this move. The previous post showing shots against with Kuz on the ice is telling. He's scored lately but if I'm honest, I saw some beer league efforts on his part. Suppose this is a storyline that will be judged once it plays out. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hronek's better suited for the role than Hughes imo. That's where he had a lot of success in Detroit. Glad Tocc is doing this now. 

Agreed hronk has bomb of a shot  that can’t be utilized when you have a left shot defencemen on the left side on the PP. this made no sense. I mean play hronk on his proper side if you have to but swap sides on the fly as play enters the Ozone. 

• Cheers 1