[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds | Tuesday Dec 19 at 5PM PST (8pm EST) Music City , The "hey, look at us go" edition

John.Tallhouse

M'Kay, PA / JR have an itch to make another trade  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Kuzy and the Chaos Giraffe for Elias Lindholm and Tanev?

• Fuck ya, get 'er done Allvin
    • yes, but only if Elias Lindholm is extended at the same time - my though would be 6 years at $5M per
    • yes, but only if both Elias Lindholm and Tanev are extended for no more than 4 years and 2 years respectively
    • Extending EL is great and Tanev as a rental is fine as well but a pick will need to be added by Calgary at least a 3rd
    • NEVER! Kuzy will rebound and let's not pull a Cam Neely ... m-kay, that'll be great
    • all the above are coming out of a crack pipe, here is what I think Kuzy is worth ... see my comments below

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2023 at 09:18 AM

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

RT’s main objective is to win games and can care less about everything else. Like I said earlier, nice guy coaches finish last. Just ask Bruce about that. RT knows what he is doing. Our record speaks for itself. 

I don’t disagree really. The record speaks for itself. One of the major talking points this year has been management and coaching being on the same page. I’m not seeing that in this one singular part of the discussion. I am NOT on the fire Toch train…just on the don’t waste an asset portion. Keep winning and I guess it doesn’t matter but if you aren’t going to play a guy as good as Kuz, let’s give him a shot somewhere else. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Rekker said:

I don't like the move, sitting him again. I do trust Tocchet overall and I'm hoping there is an overall scheme to this move. The previous post showing shots against with Kuz on the ice is telling. He's scored lately but if I'm honest, I saw some beer league efforts on his part. Suppose this is a storyline that will be judged once it plays out. 

It really stands out against our overall team 5 on 5 stats. 

Dunno where this all ends up. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I would say Kuzy was worth a 1st last year. Does that still hold this year? 

Kuz Missile was a coming UFA at the 2023 TDL. He was scoring goals but was still a liability without the puck and made a lot of turnovers in bad areas when he had the puck. Plus, he had no playoff experience. So he was (IMHAO) worth a second at best. 

3 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Agreed hronk has bomb of a shot  that can’t be utilized when you have a left shot defencemen on the left side on the PP. this made no sense. I mean play hronk on his proper side if you have to but swap sides on the fly as play enters the Ozone. 

Exactly. Now is the time to start perfecting this, making it effective for the second half.

Should be a great move for us tonight. Hronek's also a smart player on the fly. That's why he works so well with Hughes. 

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Kuz is such a loveable player, I'm sure we all want him to get this. 

He's an easy whipping boy type of target for Tocchet. Kuzy doesn't make a fuss, and if other players see this Top 6 skilled star is being benched then they better pick it up or they're next. I like that Tocchet will do what he needs to in order to win. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Thank you to all Who answered my question as a tourist about the Toronto game in January. It's the only game that fits my schedule and while cost is high I really would appreciate a win against them and being there....Again thanks for the help including links.

Now let's beat Nashville.

Well, as long as you're cheering against The Laffs, you can purchase a ticket.

But show that Ragged Old Leaf around our barn, and, well, ...

Well, nothin'; just don't be one of those Poofter T.O. Fans.

And BOOOOO Captain Underpants every chance you get; you'll be ok.

Thanks for buying ticket(s); it is people who buy tickets that keep the trains running.

29 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Gotta be honest. I’m a fan of Tochett or any coach that has the team playing this well. I don’t think Kuzzy deserves the treatment he is getting. The guy is a creative hockey player with a ton of talent. If you benched Petey, gave him 12 minutes a game and demoted him to the fourth line he wouldn’t look as good either. If we are not going to give him a real chance then at least let him drive up his own value for a couple of games. Taking him out does very little to help us win games. Otherwise Toch is doing a great job IMHO. If Kuz is just wrong for the system then trade him for cap space that is spent on a D man, a D man, a really solid prospect or something that we can use. Kuzzy in the  press box or stapled to the bench is negative value. 

I can give another interpretation of what is happening.

I believe Tocchet still is testing players in different positions to see wich player he can use later in playoffs when he wants to shake it up. 
This is a long run and it might be in the playoffs he let Kuz loose again.