Ottawa Senators fire DJ Smith, Jacques Martin interim head coach

Theo5789

I never did think that DJ Smith was their long term solution, or even short term for that matter. Never reaching the playoffs, and appearing to head that way for the 5th straight year tends to get your ass canned as an NHL coach.

Maybe he was too much of a hard ass on the players, he was an assistant coach under Mike Babcock for four years after all, perhaps he picked up ways to be a shitty human while there in Taranna.

Jacques Martin, that Gary Bettman, parasitic twin look alike will certainly only be interim as announced, I wonder if they will look at Berube to take the reins?

There's always the affable, penultimate coach waiting in the wings.....

image.thumb.png.82c0ab027eb7623c0dabb8f1eef9d49e.png

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Hate to say I told you so on this forum. But I F***ING TOLD YALL THIS TEAM WAS HORRIBLE. Overrated every single year. Their players are all one-dimensional, don't backcheck, cherrypick for goals and play hot potato all game, soft on the boards (except Brady). A coaching change isn't gonna do anything, they need to start over. 

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Huh? I'm 54, seen it all. Worked hard since I was able and have done well for myself. If you got a point to make, make it.

Younguns. I was already entering Grade 1 at Sir William Dawson Elementary School, when it was located across the street from St. Paul's Hospital at Davie & Burrard St.

The following year my Grade 2 teacher took the class for a field trip to watch a Canucks practice, in their inaugural season at the Pacific Coliseum (many years later in retrospect, I concluded that the team set this up for her (Grade 2 teacher) bcoz she had taken a puck to the face at a hockey game)

I remember seeing all of these "giants" standing in the hallway, in their gear, and all of them signing my piece of paper I was holding. I've been hooked ever since, as rabid a fan as one can be.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Younguns. I was already entering Grade 1 at Sir William Dawson Elementary School, when it was located across the street from St. Paul's Hospital at Davie & Burrard St.

The following year my Grade 2 teacher took the class for a field trip to watch a Canucks practice, in their inaugural season at the Pacific Coliseum (many years later in retrospect, I concluded that the team set this up for her (Grade 2 teacher) bcoz she had taken a puck to the face at a hockey game)

I remember seeing all of these "giants" standing in the hallway, in their gear, and all of them signing my piece of paper I was holding. I've been hooked ever since, as rabid a fan as one can be.

Cheers to that. Hockey and all it entails is glorious my friend. No better sport on the planet. I played it, coached it, both to no great level whatsoever, watched it. Still my passion. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Vintage 1